Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Football Season 2010/2011

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Football Season 2010/2011

Old 02-11-2010, 21:57   #721
gazzae
Inactive

gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze
gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze
Re: Football Season 2010/2011

Bale was on form, Great game.
I do wish sky would catch themselves on though, asking a player who has played for Ajax, Madrid, Netherlands, if hes ever seen a player like Bale.
gazzae is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 02-11-2010, 22:06   #722
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzae View Post
I do wish sky would catch themselves on though, asking a player who has played for Ajax, Madrid, Netherlands, if hes ever seen a player like Bale.
Radio 5 were asking if he is 'the best player in the world'. It's getting slightly over the top. He was quiet against Everton and United. One or two amazing performances does not put him above or even alongside Messi and Ronaldo, yet, who have been turning in performances match after match. Messi so much so that I think we take it for granted.

Still he would get into any team in the world right now with form like that.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 22:16   #723
gazfan

Services: Virgin XL

So pleased for Punky, he must be 'over the moon'
Old 02-11-2010, 22:16   #724
Niles Crane
Inactive

Niles Crane has reached the bronze age
Niles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzae View Post
For Gullit's own sanity i hope he gives up this gig soon. He's surrounded by morons every week, Hoddle and Souness excepted.
Niles Crane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 22:22   #725
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazfan View Post
He was at the game. I am pretty sure he would have enjoyed it.

Shame they won't be in the competition next year

---------- Post added at 22:22 ---------- Previous post was at 22:17 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niles Crane View Post
For Gullit's own sanity i hope he gives up this gig soon. He's surrounded by morons every week, Hoddle and Souness excepted.
Ugh. Sky is getting even worse. Not sure if you saw the 'Super Sunday' panel but it consisted of Sam Allardyce and Peter Reid, football's equivalent of cave dwellers. Anyway, tackling came up and they decided to take another swipe at Wenger, claiming he wants all tackling out of the game, the passion out of the game and they don't understand that.

I seriously think there is a section of English managers (not Hodgson, Fergie or 'Arry) who have a real problem with Foreign Managers. Allardyce had a problem with Bentiez and Wenger.

God Allardyce is a moron. His team play rugby, he has a hissy fit if someone calls him out on it, wears that stupid headset which I presume is so he can listen to his own voice, thinks he is gods gift to management.
Old 02-11-2010, 22:27   #726
Niles Crane
Inactive

Niles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze age

Can people please stop with this "I wish Bale was English!" or "Surely he's eligible somehow!" ********? This tedious attempt at wit is infuriating.

Oh, and Richard Keys; Salgado used to play for Real Madrid. Barcelona are Real Madrid's arch rivals. We get it.
Old 02-11-2010, 22:34   #727
punky
Inactive

punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura
punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazfan View Post
Oh I did, mate. Just an amazing night. Outplaying the champions of europe is the stuff dreams are made of.
punky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 22:39   #728
Niles Crane
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
He was at the game. I am pretty sure he would have enjoyed it.

Shame they won't be in the competition next year

---------- Post added at 22:22 ---------- Previous post was at 22:17 ----------

Ugh. Sky is getting even worse. Not sure if you saw the 'Super Sunday' panel but it consisted of Sam Allardyce and Peter Reid, football's equivalent of cave dwellers. Anyway, tackling came up and they decided to take another swipe at Wenger, claiming he wants all tackling out of the game, the passion out of the game and they don't understand that.

I seriously think there is a section of English managers (not Hodgson, Fergie or 'Arry) who have a real problem with Foreign Managers. Allardyce had a problem with Bentiez and Wenger.

God Allardyce is a moron. His team play rugby, he has a hissy fit if someone calls him out on it, wears that stupid headset which I presume is so he can listen to his own voice, thinks he is gods gift to management.
Yeah, i saw that panel, fortunately i avoided studio chat and just switched channels when there wasn't any actual football being played.

I agree entirely on Alladyce, i can't stand him. It was this which first made me realise what sort of manager he was.

Did you hear what Jamie Redknapp said on Sky the other week?

Quote:
We're getting brainwashed by so many foreign managers, foreign coaches
Nothing like a bit of old fashioned casual xenophobia.
Old 02-11-2010, 22:50   #729
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Yeah, i saw that panel, fortunately i avoided studio chat and just switched channels when there wasn't any actual football being played.

I agree entirely on Alladyce, i can't stand him. It was this which first made me realise what sort of manager he was.

Yeah. I saw that. Sky seem to be on a attack Wenger bent. Maybe because they have idiot guests. I think they need to look at the success of 'Foreign' football and wonder if perhaps they have a point.
Old 02-11-2010, 22:59   #730
Niles Crane
Inactive

Now Sky are *******ising Bachman-Turner Overdrive too. Is nothing sacred?
Old 03-11-2010, 09:26   #731
gazzae
Inactive

gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze
gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze

Quote:

That is some top top foruming.

*points groin at camera*
gazzae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 12:29   #732
Pog66
Inactive

Services: SKY HD+, BT BB
Pog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
Even though Harry only got a warning over the comments, which were correct, you notice that the FA or PL haven't said anything about the goal, being ruled out.
Perhaps because by the letter of the law it was scored perfectly legally.....

Anyway - great result for Spurs last night - shame Gareth Bale isn't English..

---------- Post added at 12:29 ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 ----------

oops - sorry Niles
Pog66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 12:35   #733
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pog66 View Post
Perhaps because by the letter of the law it was scored perfectly legally.....

Anyway - great result for Spurs last night - shame Gareth Bale isn't English..s
Shame Messi, Ronaldo , Xavi, Iniesta, Fabregas etc aren't either!
Old 03-11-2010, 18:38   #734
v0id
[CENSORED]

Services: Virginmedia - BB:250 TV:Mix TiVo v6 Phone:Talk Weekends w/anon reject
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pog66 View Post
- shame Gareth Bale isn't English..
He follows in the footsteps of the likes of Giggs and Rush. Destined to never see past the group stages of an international competition

v0id is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 19:31   #735
danielf
cf.mega poser

danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura
danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by v0id View Post
He follows in the footsteps of the likes of Giggs and Rush. Destined to never see past the group stages of an international competition
A bit like the English footballers then?