Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2023)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2023)
Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2023, 22:07   #691
TimeLord2018
cf.geek

TimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really nice
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2023)

Quote:
Originally Posted by epsilon View Post
I'm not sure it would be a great idea to issue mainstream channel numbers to IPTV gateway channels. Probably better to give the a separate range.
That's what I thought
Advertisement
Old 02-07-2023, 22:19   #692
epsilon
cf.geek

epsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy UK View Post
Well Netflix and Prime video will still be on channels 204 and 205 after Tuesday.
So maybe Virgin will give iptv 200 numbers
Perhaps. The current pre-launch range of gateway slates is using channels 451-470 (don't try checking, they aren't yet available on customer equipment), quite possibly, just being used for testing / configuration. I'm not sure though how accessing a selection of channels via gateway slates, or portals, or whatever you prefer to call them, is any better than accessing them directly through an app. I guess it adds to their "visibility".
Old 03-07-2023, 00:16   #693
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

so since i'm on a v6 and wont get the pluto channels does that mean the channels in the 200s wont have anything on?
Old 03-07-2023, 16:55   #694
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Confirmed TNT Sports will be on XL package on Virgin Media UK - for now

The channels will remain in the same EPG slots on VM and pricing will also remain the same for now.

https://www.cordbusters.co.uk/tnt-sp...aunch-details/

---------- Post added at 16:55 ---------- Previous post was at 16:26 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeLord2018 View Post
Considering they a get a certain amount per subscriber (does anyone remove the refund amount during covid ?)I can't see that changing, Warner Bros Discovery are in a financial mess as it is.
I feel TNT Sports will be on the XL Package until end of season 2025/2026 - that when BT Sport with EPL is up.

The 2022/2023 to 2025/2026 tv rights was given to all EPL rights holders base on the EPL UK rights from 2019/2020 (BT Sports, Sky Sports and Amazon) due to Covid 19.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 03-07-2023, 17:19   #695
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
so since i'm on a v6 and wont get the pluto channels does that mean the channels in the 200s wont have anything on?
There hasn’t been an announcement on that, Vince.

I thought Pluto TV was already on the V6. If I remember correctly, it was accessible through the My5 app, but that may have changed.

Given that Virgin will want to encourage customers to get their telly through the 360 box, they may be using this as an incentive to change, or maybe the streamer is not compatible with the V6. If compatibility is the problem, maybe you will get the FAST channels through your EPG, but just guessing now.
Old 03-07-2023, 18:10   #696
djmagnifique
cf.geek

Services: XL tv with 2x V6 boxes, M phone, 350Mb broadband
djmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
There hasn’t been an announcement on that, Vince.

I thought Pluto TV was already on the V6. If I remember correctly, it was accessible through the My5 app, but that may have changed.

Given that Virgin will want to encourage customers to get their telly through the 360 box, they may be using this as an incentive to change, or maybe the streamer is not compatible with the V6. If compatibility is the problem, maybe you will get the FAST channels through your EPG, but just guessing now.

Pluto TV is already available on the V6 through its own stand alone app.
Old 04-07-2023, 00:54   #697
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Here is the CONFIRMED Channels news for Virgin UK and N. Ireland TV:

July:
[COLOR="purple"]4th. Virgin Media UK to move Ailbi HD from Virgin UK Channel 126 to Virgin UK Channel 114.....
All July 4th channels changes has now happen.
Old 04-07-2023, 07:01   #698
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

These two were the wrong way round in this thread - CI ended up on 133/333 and Sky History on 131/331. Blog was correct

4th. Virgin Media UK to move Crime & Investigation HD from Virgin UK Channel 198 to Virgin UK Channel 131.
4th. Virgin Media UK to move Sky HISTORY HD from Virgin UK Channel 270 to Virgin UK Channel 133.
4th. Virgin Media UK to move Crime & Investigation +1 from Virgin UK Channel 222 to Virgin UK Channel 331.
4th. Virgin Media UK to move Sky HISTORY +1 from Virgin UK Channel 271 to Virgin UK Channel 333.

Last edited by ozsat; 04-07-2023 at 07:26.
Old 04-07-2023, 08:55   #699
TimeLord2018
cf.geek

TimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really nice

Makes more sense, Sky History is before Crime + Investigation on Sky
Old 04-07-2023, 09:35   #700
SonicMaster
cf.geek

SonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of light

Channel Guide PDFs updated:

V6 (desktop): https://www.virginmedia.com/content/..._July_23_4.pdf

V6 (mobile): https://www.virginmedia.com/content/..._July_23_4.pdf

360 (desktop): https://www.virginmedia.com/content/..._July_23_4.pdf

360 (mobile): https://www.virginmedia.com/content/..._July_23_4.pdf
Old 04-07-2023, 09:42   #701
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

Still shows Red Button 2-6 - which the BBC no longer do.

Old 04-07-2023, 11:12   #702
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsat View Post
These two were the wrong way round in this thread - CI ended up on 133/333 and Sky History on 131/331. Blog was correct

4th. Virgin Media UK to move Crime & Investigation HD from Virgin UK Channel 198 to Virgin UK Channel 131.
4th. Virgin Media UK to move Sky HISTORY HD from Virgin UK Channel 270 to Virgin UK Channel 133.
4th. Virgin Media UK to move Crime & Investigation +1 from Virgin UK Channel 222 to Virgin UK Channel 331.
4th. Virgin Media UK to move Sky HISTORY +1 from Virgin UK Channel 271 to Virgin UK Channel 333.
And they have changed Tiers too, if not overnight then fairly recently, as they weren't available on my TV Package previously.
Old 04-07-2023, 13:55   #703
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeLord2018 View Post
Makes more sense, Sky History is before Crime + Investigation on Sky
Poor history channels butchered by tat
Old 04-07-2023, 14:14   #704
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsat View Post

Virgin change them around after last Thursday night - I did not know until the changes want LIVE.

Also I can confirmed that in Scotland STV +1 is still on Channel 114 so we have Alibi HD and STV +1 using Channel 114.

Last edited by Media Boy UK; 04-07-2023 at 14:35.
Old 04-07-2023, 18:06   #705
paul0363
cf.member

paul0363 is just really nicepaul0363 is just really nicepaul0363 is just really nicepaul0363 is just really nicepaul0363 is just really nicepaul0363 is just really nice

Quote:
Virgin change them around after last Thursday night - I did not know until the changes want LIVE.

Also I can confirmed that in Scotland STV +1 is still on Channel 114 so we have Alibi HD and STV +1 using Channel 114.
STV+1 isn't on my TV360 box here in Dunfermline - it's Alibi HD. STV+1 isn't on the EPG at 303 either.

Not on others either: https://community.virginmedia.com/t5...1/td-p/5358844

Possibly a glitch - time will tell!
Closed Thread