Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | General TiVo Discussion Part 2

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

General TiVo Discussion Part 2
Closed Thread

Old 28-12-2011, 15:56   #6706
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
Re: General TiVo Discussion Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
The second part is on BBC2 tonight so he's extended the padding further to avoid the same thing happening.
I use zero padding, but for BBC shows, I often check my planned recordings and if there is a tuner free, I add 15 minutes on to the end.

I don't record much from BBC, so it's not an issue for me to do this.

You can also extend the recording, even when the recording has already started.
Advertisement
Old 28-12-2011, 16:00   #6707
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
I managed to get the full show though does it make a difference that it was made from the VM TV guide app.
did it over-run? It should have added 4 mins padding automatically.
Old 28-12-2011, 16:05   #6708
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic View Post
did it over-run? It should have added 4 mins padding automatically.
Not sure I only watched it today , it was on BBC2 Three men go to New England
Old 28-12-2011, 16:48   #6709
mhatter67

Services: Big Kahuna, Phone XL, Boxnation
Question Re: General TiVo Discussion Part 2

Quote:
It's asking your permission to wipe a buffer for a planned recording. If you were not watching tv, then it would do that automatically.
Thanks DF, the question that leads on from that is why, there was an overlap between two recording but at the time of the message only one tuner was recording?

Old 28-12-2011, 17:34   #6710
arcimedes
cf.mega poster

Services: TV XL ,TiVo X 2, 200Mb Broadband XL phone
arcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlayzell View Post
Thanks DF, the question that leads on from that is why, there was an overlap between two recording but at the time of the message only one tuner was recording?
Its just checking that you arent watching two channels. Not as stupid as you might think as I have scrolled back on a channel that was being buffered.
Old 28-12-2011, 18:08   #6711
kgollop
cf.geek

Services: VIP Bundle, with 350Mb BB and 2 x V6 boxes
kgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation era

Had an interesting one the other day. Recorded Cutting Edge off Channel 4 HD. The program recorded and showed the correct program details and channel in My Shows, however when I played it back it was an hour of Bio and not 4HD at all!!
Old 28-12-2011, 18:36   #6712
mhatter67

Quote:
I managed to get the full show though does it make a difference that it was made from the VM TV guide app.
I tried an experiment with VM app setting a tv programme record and I can confirm it adds no padding to the scheduled record show! In relation to the show three men in a boat as I had recorded it showed the programme started 2 1/2 minutes late and that's why you missed the end of the recording!

Old 29-12-2011, 00:06   #6713
tucker61
Inactive

Services: Vivid200, v6, full house tv pack
tucker61 is just really nicetucker61 is just really nicetucker61 is just really nicetucker61 is just really nicetucker61 is just really nicetucker61 is just really nice

Had the same issue with blades of glory this week. Missed last few minutes.
Set recording via either the virgin app or the tvguide app. Not sure which one I used.
Old 29-12-2011, 01:16   #6714
mhatter67

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker61 View Post
Had the same issue with blades of glory this week. Missed last few minutes.
Set recording via either the virgin app or the tvguide app. Not sure which one I used.
I don't think you can set extra padding with these apps I suppose this TiVo upcoming app will probably marginalise the above two!

Old 29-12-2011, 21:23   #6715
richard1960

Services: vm broadband tvxl TiVo, v+ sky sports and phone.

A quick question on TiVo as i wlll be getting one in january,is it possible to remote record from the VM website and also phone apps although i do not think there will be an app for my nokia N8 which runs the sybian software.

Also how many apps for the TiVo are there at the moment thanks.

Old 29-12-2011, 22:00   #6716
toady
cf.geek

Services: A mix of XXL and XL
toady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard1960 View Post
A quick question on TiVo as i wlll be getting one in january,is it possible to remote record from the VM website and also phone apps although i do not think there will be an app for my nokia N8 which runs the sybian software.
You can remote record from the full website, the mobile website or the app if supported by your phones OS

Currently 15 apps on my Tivo
Old 29-12-2011, 22:11   #6717
richard1960

Quote:
Originally Posted by toady View Post
You can remote record from the full website, the mobile website or the app if supported by your phones OS

Currently 15 apps on my Tivo
Thanks

Old 29-12-2011, 22:22   #6718
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Thanks
Not long now, Rich Excited?

I love my TiVo... I'm going to get one for the bedroom too as the SA V+ is so noisy
Old 29-12-2011, 22:29   #6719
richard1960

Quote:
Not long now, Rich Excited?

I love my TiVo... I'm going to get one for the bedroom too as the SA V+ is so noisy
Too old DF to get excited mate but looking forward to getting it now i have ordered it to see what it does.

I have a samsung V+, as my old S/A V+ bit the dust on the tuner front a few months ago,its not noisey and is going in the bedroom,with the TiVo on the main set.

TiVo does sound good just think i will take a while to get used to it by the sound of it,and seeing as its still quite new hopefully the best is yet to come.

Old 29-12-2011, 22:37   #6720
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Quote:
Too old DF to get excited mate but looking forward to getting it now i have ordered it to see what it does.

I have a samsung V+, as my old S/A V+ bit the dust on the tuner front a few months ago,its not noisey and is going in the bedroom,with the TiVo on the main set.

TiVo does sound good just think i will take a while to get used to it by the sound of it,and seeing as its still quite new hopefully the best is yet to come.
We are all big kids really
Closed Thread