Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]
View Poll Results: Will you be opting out of the Virgin Ad Deal?
Yes, Definitely. 958 95.51%
No, I am quite happy to share my surfing habits with anyone. 45 4.49%
Voters: 1003. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 13-05-2008, 20:52   #6481
lucevans
Inactive

lucevans is a glorious beacon of lightlucevans is a glorious beacon of lightlucevans is a glorious beacon of lightlucevans is a glorious beacon of lightlucevans is a glorious beacon of lightlucevans is a glorious beacon of lightlucevans is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTLVictim View Post
What's the best site to look at to watch their shares tank in realtime if the rumour is true?
Hmmm -

I just checked Yahoo stock quotes, and Phorm, BT and Carphone Warehouse are all down, but Virgin Media is up on the day. Coincidence?
Advertisement
Old 13-05-2008, 20:54   #6482
NTLVictim
Inactive

Services: Finding people (retired)
NTLVictim is just so famous around these partsNTLVictim is just so famous around these partsNTLVictim is just so famous around these partsNTLVictim is just so famous around these partsNTLVictim is just so famous around these partsNTLVictim is just so famous around these partsNTLVictim is just so famous around these partsNTLVictim is just so famous around these partsNTLVictim is just so famous around these partsNTLVictim is just so famous around these partsNTLVictim is just so famous around these partsNTLVictim is just so famous around these partsNTLVictim is just so famous around these partsNTLVictim is just so famous around these partsNTLVictim is just so famous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucevans View Post
Hmmm -

I just checked Yahoo stock quotes, and Phorm, BT and Carphone Warehouse are all down, but Virgin Media is up on the day. Coincidence?
Hmmm part 2.
Old 13-05-2008, 21:01   #6483
AlexanderHanff
Permanently Banned

AlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful one

I just phoned Claer Barrett at home (writer for Investors Chronicle by the Financial Times) who as some of you know I spoke to at length 2 weeks ago regarding Phorm, for an article she has been working on.

The gravity of the news is such that I felt I had to call her as soon as possible and she was very grateful for the information. Her article gets published on Friday and from the conversation I just had with her, it is going to make for very interesting reading. She is sending me a hard copy on Thursday night by post and I will have access to the electronic copy on Friday.

Man what a great end to the day. With Tesco's currently suing The Guardian it is unlikely they would be willing to publish anything dodgy so I think it is fair to believe that Charles thinks his source is reasonably sound to have published the article in the first place.

Alexander Hanff
Old 13-05-2008, 21:08   #6484
Robertus
cf.addict

Robertus is an unknown quantity at this point

Good news
Old 13-05-2008, 21:09   #6485
OF1975
Inactive

OF1975 will become famous soon enoughOF1975 will become famous soon enoughOF1975 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexanderHanff View Post
I just phoned Claer Barrett at home (writer for Investors Chronicle by the Financial Times) who as some of you know I spoke to at length 2 weeks ago regarding Phorm, for an article she has been working on.

The gravity of the news is such that I felt I had to call her as soon as possible and she was very grateful for the information. Her article gets published on Friday and from the conversation I just had with her, it is going to make for very interesting reading. She is sending me a hard copy on Thursday night by post and I will have access to the electronic copy on Friday.

Man what a great end to the day. With Tesco's currently suing The Guardian it is unlikely they would be willing to publish anything dodgy so I think it is fair to believe that Charles thinks his source is reasonably sound to have published the article in the first place.

Alexander Hanff
*does a little dance for joy*

This really has made my month. I am still a little hesitant until I hear it confirmed but oh boy if this is legit then it will be brilliant news and will help give us more publicity and more leverage to throw at BT too. Lets not forget those poor souls stuck with BT as a phorm-affiliated ISP.
Old 13-05-2008, 21:09   #6486
Kursk
-.- ..- .-. ... -.-

Kursk has disabled reputation

I hope this means I can keep my Virginity. This has the potential to be the best economic decision they have made since Tubular Bells was released on the Virgin label. I can hear dem bells a-ringing .
Old 13-05-2008, 21:13   #6487
lucevans
Inactive

lucevans is a glorious beacon of lightlucevans is a glorious beacon of lightlucevans is a glorious beacon of lightlucevans is a glorious beacon of lightlucevans is a glorious beacon of lightlucevans is a glorious beacon of lightlucevans is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by OF1975 View Post

This really has made my month. I am still a little hesitant until I hear it confirmed but oh boy if this is legit then it will be brilliant news and will help give us more publicity and more leverage to throw at BT too. Lets not forget those poor souls stuck with BT as a phorm-affiliated ISP.
We might getting a little ahead of ourselves here folks...

However, if this news does turn out to be true, I for one will not be giving up the fight to banish Kent and his cronies from this sceptred isle
Old 13-05-2008, 21:15   #6488
AlexanderHanff
Permanently Banned

AlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful one

I hope someone has posted this to iii?

Make sure to remind them to read Investors Chronicle this Friday

Alexander Hanff
Old 13-05-2008, 21:17   #6489
lucevans
Inactive

Quote:

Alexander Hanff
Especially Brettypoos
Old 13-05-2008, 21:17   #6490
dav
Inactive

dav is a glorious beacon of lightdav is a glorious beacon of lightdav is a glorious beacon of lightdav is a glorious beacon of lightdav is a glorious beacon of lightdav is a glorious beacon of lightdav is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:

However, if this news does turn out to be true, I for one will not be giving up the fight to banish Kent and his cronies from this sceptred isle
Absolutely. VM may well have decided to absolve themselves, but the pure insidiousness of the Webwise concept deserves that the fight be continued and Phorm sunk without a trace.
Old 13-05-2008, 21:18   #6491
mark777
Inactive

Services: 0.4 Mbps BB + Phone
mark777 is a glorious beacon of lightmark777 is a glorious beacon of lightmark777 is a glorious beacon of lightmark777 is a glorious beacon of lightmark777 is a glorious beacon of lightmark777 is a glorious beacon of lightmark777 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by OF1975 View Post

Too true. If VM hurry up and confirm this, they will have a very large, free of charge, PR Team working on their behalf. It will be working against BT and pointing their customers towards VM.

You can't buy that sort of publicity.
Old 13-05-2008, 21:22   #6492
OF1975
Inactive

OF1975 will become famous soon enoughOF1975 will become famous soon enoughOF1975 will become famous soon enough

Quote:

Ditto hence my comment about more leverage to throw at BT. Even if VM confirm they are dumping Phorm I will still fight against Phorm so that I can inform BT and Talk Talk/CPW users about the risks and fight on their behalf.
Old 13-05-2008, 21:23   #6493
JackSon
Inactive

Services: Freeview, BT Ultrafast Fibre 2
JackSon is a splendid one to beholdJackSon is a splendid one to beholdJackSon is a splendid one to beholdJackSon is a splendid one to beholdJackSon is a splendid one to beholdJackSon is a splendid one to beholdJackSon is a splendid one to beholdJackSon is a splendid one to beholdJackSon is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

Alexander Hanff
That Guardian link was certainly posted on iii very early on.

Incidentally, a self calimed Phorm investor declared his/her lost faith in the investment after reading this...

http://blog.iwr.co.uk/2008/05/behaviour-model.html

Apparetnly that investor is unhappy with the revelation of Phorm being able to target content as was as just ads.
Old 13-05-2008, 21:27   #6494
Hank

Deep, deeeep, DEEP, DEEEEEEP JOY!

If VM declare this to be true, expect a rush of BT customers asking you if they can get out of their contract. Even if I cannot, I'll be counting the days to the day I can. Did they change the Ts & Cs yet? Could it be that I see the chanegs as material? Oh please VM do it. Then, please BT, launch your smelly stinking trial and change the TS & Cs. Try telling me it's not material and I'll tell you how material it is when I stick it up

[This user disconnected unexpectedly but is very happy tonight]

Old 13-05-2008, 21:32   #6495
Rchivist
Inactive

Rchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTLVictim View Post
What's the best site to look at to watch their shares tank in realtime if the rumour is true?
I've just put the news on the iii discussion forum, so that might be worth watching tomorrow
http://www.iii.co.uk/investment/deta...scussion&it=le

for the forum, click on the Trades tab for the prices, graphs etc. Not sure how "real time" it is.

for a "fifteen minute later" site
http://www.sharecrazy.com/share2607s...hare&epic=PHRM

---------- Post added at 21:32 ---------- Previous post was at 21:30 ----------

Quote:

Alexander Hanff
Done a little while ago, specially for Brettypoos
Closed Thread