Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Merged:-Comcast makes Bid for Sky

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Merged:-Comcast makes Bid for Sky

Old 19-03-2012, 18:14   #616
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
Re: General Sky TV Discussion

Anyone know when Game of Thrones is coming to Anytime+? I have Episode 8 record and so far only ever watch episode 1 so want to watch the rest before i watch episode 8
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 19-03-2012, 21:37   #617
LexDiamond
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD, Sky Unlimited BB and Sky landline
LexDiamond has reached the bronze age
LexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstokes View Post
Anyone know when Game of Thrones is coming to Anytime+? I have Episode 8 record and so far only ever watch episode 1 so want to watch the rest before i watch episode 8
AFAIK they don't announce boxsets in advance of adding them so there is no way to know.

My personal feeling is that they won't be adding this for some time yet as they just repeated the whole of S1 on Atlantic in the lead up to S2 arriving.
LexDiamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2012, 08:11   #618
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexDiamond View Post
AFAIK they don't announce boxsets in advance of adding them so there is no way to know.

My personal feeling is that they won't be adding this for some time yet as they just repeated the whole of S1 on Atlantic in the lead up to S2 arriving.
Ok thanks. Ill just keep the series link going and hope it records the older episodes as well afterwards
Old 20-03-2012, 09:55   #619
LexDiamond
Inactive

LexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstokes View Post
Ok thanks. Ill just keep the series link going and hope it records the older episodes as well afterwards
I'm not sure if the series link will record previous episodes.

You could try adding it to your never miss list and Sky will let you know when its on again.
Old 20-03-2012, 10:15   #620
nstokes
Inactive

Quote:
I'm not sure if the series link will record previous episodes.

You could try adding it to your never miss list and Sky will let you know when its on again.
I forgot about that, i will try that when i get home
Old 20-03-2012, 13:29   #621
Media Boy UK
My post info may change

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Broadcast: More4+2 to preceed 4seven launch.

Channel 4 is to launch a new time-shifted version of More4 ahead of the launch of repeats station 4seven.

More4+2 will broadcast from 16 April on the Sky platform. It will be on air for a short segment of the day, likely to be in the evening. The EPG slot has yet to be confirmed.

4seven is expected to launch in June.

http://www.broadcastnow.co.uk/news/m...039491.article
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2012, 19:18   #622
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doz007 View Post
If not then I'm guessing they'll appear correctly in the Showcase section of Anytime+ once that goes live for me this week.
Do you have Anytime+ up and running ?
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2012, 20:09   #623
Doz007
cf.geek

Services: VM 200Mb BB, Sky Q Silver 2TB
Doz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation era

I do indeed MM, all present and correct and looking really impressive!

I'm downloading the first series of Boardwalk Empire as I type this and I'm surprised how big the files are. Episode 2 was 5.41GB of HD goodness, I'm expecting great PQ with that kind of file size for a 51 min show!
Doz007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2012, 20:39   #624
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
I do indeed MM, all present and correct and looking really impressive!

I'm downloading the first series of Boardwalk Empire as I type this and I'm surprised how big the files are. Episode 2 was 5.41GB of HD goodness, I'm expecting great PQ with that kind of file size for a 51 min show!
Is it working on both your Sky+HD boxes ? I had to make a few phone calls to get it up and running on my second box , hopefully they've made it less complicated now.
Old 20-03-2012, 21:00   #625
Doz007
cf.geek

Doz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Is it working on both your Sky+HD boxes ? I had to make a few phone calls to get it up and running on my second box , hopefully they've made it less complicated now.
I'm not sure yet, I need to get some home-plugs or the Sky WiFi adapter to connect the bedroom box to the internet. I have to admit though that I thought it was activated by account rather than per box. Was your 2nd box an older Thompson one?
Old 20-03-2012, 21:15   #626
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
I'm not sure yet, I need to get some home-plugs or the Sky WiFi adapter to connect the bedroom box to the internet. I have to admit though that I thought it was activated by account rather than per box. Was your 2nd box an older Thompson one?
No both new Amstrad DRX 890 Sky+HD but my first was activated about a year ago.
Old 21-03-2012, 07:44   #627
Doz007
cf.geek

Ahhh, ok. That blows a hole in my theory then

I notice that downloading things from anytime+ causes the record light on the box to turn on. Does this mean that we're unable to record a further 2 channels when downloading?
Old 21-03-2012, 08:25   #628
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Ahhh, ok. That blows a hole in my theory then

I notice that downloading things from anytime+ causes the record light on the box to turn on. Does this mean that we're unable to record a further 2 channels when downloading?
No you can still record two I think.
Old 21-03-2012, 09:41   #629
LexDiamond
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
No you can still record two I think.
I think it looks at the planner first and only downloads in free slots. Not really noticed it though but I have missed a recording.
Old 21-03-2012, 10:20   #630
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
I think it looks at the planner first and only downloads in free slots. Not really noticed it though but I have missed a recording.
I'm 90% sure I've had a download with two tuners both recording. I'll try it after.