Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | [Updated] New BBC Top Gear trailer released

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television
Register FAQ Community Calendar

[Updated] New BBC Top Gear trailer released

Old 30-05-2016, 06:53   #601
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Re: [Updated] New BBC Top Gear trailer released

I watched it for the first 20 minuits and gave up. Seems the Telegraph and others seem to agree

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016...esented-by-fa/

Quote:
It was one of the BBC’s biggest earners, pulling in £50 million a year and drawing the largest regular global audience for a show of its kind.

So bringing back Top Gear without hosts Jeremy Clarkson, James May and Richard Hammond was always going to be a gamble and when it returned last night it seems producers may have been off track, as the relaunched show was widely criticised on social media.

One viewer called Lee tweeted: “Literally the first time @BBC_TopGear has bored me! So sad, great way to kill an amazing show.”
http://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/tv-.../Top-Gear-poll
http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/late...-motoring-cars
http://www.theweek.co.uk/top-gear/65...reboot-be-like
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/tvs...-Clarkson.html
https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-r...ew-series-live

Last edited by Sirius; 30-05-2016 at 07:15.
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 30-05-2016, 08:27   #602
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

To be fair to the BBC they didn't 'kill the show'. Let's not forget Clarkson assaulted a co-worker. It's not like they had a choice.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2016, 08:45   #603
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
To be fair to the BBC they didn't 'kill the show'. Let's not forget Clarkson assaulted a co-worker. It's not like they had a choice.
Correct but they had the chance to update it and it seems they have not done that. I now await the other show on amazon to see how that is rated.

On a personal note glad to see my assessment of Evans needs no change
Old 30-05-2016, 08:48   #604
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

By heck old bean you have certainly gone through a pretty thorough newspaper review this morning.
Old 30-05-2016, 09:16   #605
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

You seem to need it to fail, really badly. Are you going to tell us what Chris Evans did to you?

Meanwhile, the Telegraph's TV critic actually gave it 4/5. The article you linked to is their report on the "Twitter reaction". Surely by now everyone knows the last thing you read if you want a balanced view of public opinion is anything with the word Twitter in the title.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/tv/2016/0...-to-tried-and/
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2016, 09:23   #606
arcimedes
cf.mega poster

Services: TV XL ,TiVo X 2, 200Mb Broadband XL phone
arcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
I watched it for the first 20 minuits and gave up. Seems the Telegraph and others seem to agree
May I congratulate you on lasting 20 mins. I have just watched it on the iplayer and lasted about 3 minutes. Its absolutely ghastly.
arcimedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2016, 10:41   #607
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
You seem to need it to fail, really badly. Are you going to tell us what Chris Evans did to you?

Meanwhile, the Telegraph's TV critic actually gave it 4/5. The article you linked to is their report on the "Twitter reaction". Surely by now everyone knows the last thing you read if you want a balanced view of public opinion is anything with the word Twitter in the title.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/tv/2016/0...-to-tried-and/
Normal thing when your 18 a small beer created indecent in a pub between 2 groups of blokes over a pool game.

---------- Post added at 10:41 ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
By heck old bean you have certainly gone through a pretty thorough newspaper review this morning.
Wanted to make sure i covered the bases

---------- Post added at 10:41 ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcimedes View Post
May I congratulate you on lasting 20 mins. I have just watched it on the iplayer and lasted about 3 minutes. Its absolutely ghastly.
Indeed
Old 30-05-2016, 10:47   #608
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

You can't really revue based on one episode ,if we did that then the original show would not have lasted past the first season .Hammond only just made it to the second season and May was rubbish when he started .
Old 30-05-2016, 10:48   #609
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Matt need to find his presenting feet

STAY AT HOME: I found out that mum will never walk again as the coronavirus attacked her nervous system. She died on September 30th.
Hom3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2016, 11:21   #610
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

I actually enjoyed it, yes its not perfect but it was the first episode.

Over time they will tweak it and change things to make it better.
Old 30-05-2016, 11:43   #611
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Personally i think it will not go further than this season.
Old 30-05-2016, 11:48   #612
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

After watching it, I think they should rename it "Yet Another Chris Evans Show".

He gets right up my nose, but I don't know why.
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2016, 12:35   #613
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/video_and_...lines/36411427
Old 30-05-2016, 12:43   #614
Ken W
cf.mega poster

Services: LL Phone, TiVo, M+ VM mobile, BBand 150M tier Superhub, TIVO 500 M+
Ken W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post
After watching it, I think they should rename it "Yet Another Chris Evans Show".

He gets right up my nose, but I don't know why.
I agree Chris Evans is a pain I the backside and the BBC should not waste licence payers money on such rubbish.
Ken W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2016, 16:09   #615
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
I've yet to watch it, but watch it I will. Even if I think it is a complete pile of crap, I'll give it a few episodes anyway, as it sometimes takes a new presenter a while to find his or her feet, and they have all new presenters.
Watch it I did. First impressions? Matt Leblanc appears to have the passion for cars of all kinds that the original 3 have and I think a good top gear presenter needs. Evans did not, only seeming to find the muscle and super cars interesting. Sabine Schmidtz could have been interesting but wasn't in it much.

It was an OK start, but I think it needs a lot of work, and based on last night's show, I am not sure Chris Evans is the best man for the job.
I do think he is good on radio, and an OK TV presenter, but he did not do a good job last night.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote