Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8

Old 13-11-2014, 14:32   #586
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
Re: Moans and Pet Hates part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by weenie View Post
My eyes are really sore (eyelids are all swollen today) and have extremely dry skin on them. Hopefully the Hydrocortisone 0.1% cream that the doctor has prescribed will do the trick soon.
I hope they clear up soon.
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 13-11-2014, 14:35   #587
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Thanks, just feel like I'm falling apart at the moment how is Osem Jnr driving lessons doing?
Good thanks, very good (touch wood). He had his first lesson with his instructor for a few weeks yesterday and the guy was very pleased with his progress and lack of bad habits. I want him to get as much experience as he can before he gets his full licence and is off on his own.

Reminds me of a pet hate - those inconsiderate morons who see an 'L' plate and then do all sorts of crazy and dangerous stuff. We stopped whilst an old guy with a walking stick was being helped across the road and someone came up behind us, overtook and then had to swerve onto the wrong side of the road to avoid the elderly man. Grrrr!!!
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2014, 15:13   #588
Stop It
Inactive

Services: VM Vivid 200 VM XL TV & Sky Sports VM Phone
Stop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of society

Quote:
My eyes are really sore (eyelids are all swollen today) and have extremely dry skin on them. Hopefully the Hydrocortisone 0.1% cream that the doctor has prescribed will do the trick soon.
Ouch, I hope the medication works quickly and you feel better ASAP.
Stop It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2014, 18:41   #589
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
Reminds me of a pet hate - those inconsiderate morons who see an 'L' plate and then do all sorts of crazy and dangerous stuff. We stopped whilst an old guy with a walking stick was being helped across the road and someone came up behind us, overtook and then had to swerve onto the wrong side of the road to avoid the elderly man. Grrrr!!!
Yes hubby experienced that with our Steve when taking him out, it was rather annoying. You would think they would give some consideration to learner driver's wouldn't you after all they were one themselves once.
Old 15-11-2014, 06:28   #590
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Our car insurance has gone up to £580 a year from £480 a year.
Old 15-11-2014, 10:21   #591
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Mine's gone from £250 to £385. Time to look around methinks.
Old 15-11-2014, 11:25   #592
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

Confused is a great comparison tool, I do it every year for my Nan. Last renewal the company quoted her £400 but I found a deal for £290.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2014, 11:46   #593
arcimedes
cf.mega poster

Services: TV XL ,TiVo X 2, 200Mb Broadband XL phone
arcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond repute

Vale of White Horse District Council has a new local plan for 2031 which it is consulting on. I have lost count of the number of copies of the document it is sending out. We have had at least one by post addressed to the occupier. And just in case you miss that we have had a couple put in the junk leaflets the postman brings round. I'm not sure whether we haven't had addressed personally as well.
arcimedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2014, 15:27   #594
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville has a nice shiny star
nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

Quote:
After receiving a text message saying that my order is loaded for delivery today between 12:00 to 21:00 and that a signature would be required I was delighted, then my heart sank when I realized that yodel was delivering it and with good cause as the bedside glass lamps that they were delivering arrived only to be in pieces. The only way I can describe the image I was presented with when I opened the box was, it was like well picture a Crunchy bar being smashed up with a hammer and the pieces that you would be left with, yip that is what my new glass bedside lamps were like smashed to a hundred tiny pieces of orange glass. I was so looking forward to them as well.
That is sad news.
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2014, 17:11   #595
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Wow that is alot, i only pay around £400 for an Astra VXR with protected and everything, have you had a claim lately?

You should try Aviva online my insurance hasnt gone up in 2-3 years and even went down a few £s.
Old 15-11-2014, 17:22   #596
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Having learnt exactly how nasty and evil some people can be in my life I am more than a little surprised that specific person can expect me to allow them back into my life. Forgiveness is one thing but I want my family to feel safe.
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2014, 17:28   #597
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

I'm not trying to justify anything, just explain it a little - often nothing about you or what you have/haven't done will affect your insurance premium.

You could be the safest driver in the world with the perfect driving record, have the lowest-group car possible and be in the most low-risk job of all but if a number of people in your area with the same car as you have made accident or theft claims your premium will be affected.

Totally unfair on you of course but insurance is all about risk categories and unfortunately people can be lumbered in the wrong ones.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2014, 17:46   #598
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Wow that is alot, i only pay around £400 for an Astra VXR with protected and everything, have you had a claim lately?

You should try Aviva online my insurance hasnt gone up in 2-3 years and even went down a few £s.
No we have had no claims at all SnoopZ.

---------- Post added at 17:46 ---------- Previous post was at 17:44 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
I'm not trying to justify anything, just explain it a little - often nothing about you or what you have/haven't done will affect your insurance premium.

You could be the safest driver in the world with the perfect driving record, have the lowest-group car possible and be in the most low-risk job of all but if a number of people in your area with the same car as you have made accident or theft claims your premium will be affected.

Totally unfair on you of course but insurance is all about risk categories and unfortunately people can be lumbered in the wrong ones.
Thanks for the information Russ as we can understand it a bit more now.
Old 15-11-2014, 19:32   #599
Cobbydaler
cf.mega poster

Services: ClearFibre Internet, Vodafone mobile Google Pixel 4
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars

4" - 8" of snow forecast overnight & we have a 200 mile drive home tomorrow. Luckily I think they handle clearance a bit better over here (at least I hope so!).
Cobbydaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2014, 13:40   #600
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Put roast in oven, hour later only fan working in oven no heat, only a small top oven working.

But we can't shop for a new one as my mum is about to go in to hospital and recovery is 2 to 6 weeks.

Just what we really need.

STAY AT HOME: I found out that mum will never walk again as the coronavirus attacked her nervous system. She died on September 30th.
Hom3r is offline   Reply With Quote