Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Merged:-Comcast makes Bid for Sky

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Merged:-Comcast makes Bid for Sky

Old 15-03-2012, 07:41   #556
Doz007
cf.geek

Services: VM 200Mb BB, Sky Q Silver 2TB
Doz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation era
Re: General Sky TV Discussion

When I send series links from the iOS app they only appear on my box as a single recording. Is this happening for anyone else?
Doz007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 15-03-2012, 08:47   #557
LexDiamond
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD, Sky Unlimited BB and Sky landline
LexDiamond has reached the bronze age
LexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard1960 View Post
Not sure i agree with that as far as i know Sky have and will continue to have the "first run rights" to all the Hollywood blockbusters,Netflix and Lovefilm are unlikely to get their hands on those,so i do not see the CC review as being irrelevant at all.

Last time i looked at the Netfilix website i thought their selection of films quite old and nothing much new on there,not sure about Lovefilm though.
There is more competition that there was when CC began looking into this. It is still an industry in its infancy as there are still big players that could enter the market on their own, merge or takeover.

The simple fact is that excess profits lead to more companies looking into an industry. What CC have done is jumped the gun as we still don't know where this industry will exactly be in a couple of years time.

If they were to rule and interfere with an open market taking its course then that is not good for the consumer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Really Lex.
Yes really.

We don't live in a communist state.
LexDiamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2012, 10:49   #558
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2012...ma-out-of-luck

HBO pull plug on Horse Racing drama.

Quote:
HBO has pulled the plug on its big budget horse racing drama Luck, starring Dustin Hoffman and Nick Nolte, following the deaths of three horses and criticism from animal rights' campaigners.

The broadcaster said it was with heartbreak that it was cancelling all future production on the show, produced by Transformers director Michael Bay, which also stars Dennis Farina and airs in the UK on Sky Atlantic.

The announcement on Wednesday came a day after filming of the second series was suspended after the death of a third animal on the production.

The horse suffered a head injury when it reared and fell back while it was being led to a stable.

Two horses were hurt and subsequently put down during the filming of the first series.
Old 15-03-2012, 10:50   #559
Alan Fry
Permanently Banned

Services: 100 MB Broadband, XL Tv, Sky Sports and Movies HD, all other prenium channels, 3 TIVO, 2 V HD
Alan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecart

Quote:
I will soon be getting it on DVD, then I will see if it is good
Alan Fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2012, 12:16   #560
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Fry View Post
I will soon be getting it on DVD, then I will see if it is good
Having seen it at my parents house l can assure you that it is a excellent series.
Old 15-03-2012, 12:31   #561
Alan Fry
Permanently Banned

Services: 100 MB Broadband, XL Tv, Sky Sports and Movies HD, all other prenium channels, 3 TIVO, 2 V HD
Alan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecart

Quote:
Having seen it at my parents house l can assure you that it is a excellent series.
Looking forward to it
Alan Fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2012, 12:35   #562
LexDiamond
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD, Sky Unlimited BB and Sky landline
LexDiamond has reached the bronze age
LexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze age

That's a shame. It was finally getting to the point where the had told the story behind all the characters and built them up.
LexDiamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2012, 12:36   #563
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexDiamond View Post
That's a shame. It was finally getting to the point where the had told the story behind all the characters and built them up.
Yes its a great shame Lex.
Old 15-03-2012, 14:09   #564
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexDiamond View Post
Agreed , still I'm sure HBO will pump some more good stuff out.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2012, 14:39   #565
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Agreed , still I'm sure HBO will pump some more good stuff out.
Yes they do have a excellent track record of coming out with some fine series.
Old 15-03-2012, 17:52   #566
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doz007 View Post
When I send series links from the iOS app they only appear on my box as a single recording. Is this happening for anyone else?
Nope just tried one from my iPad and it worked perfectly , do you have the green series link icon at the side of the remote recorded show when you go into your planner ?
Old 15-03-2012, 18:00   #567
Doz007
cf.geek

Doz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Nope just tried one from my iPad and it worked perfectly , do you have the green series link icon at the side of the remote recorded show when you go into your planner ?
Thanks for checking MM, no I don't. It shows the red R and series link logo within the app but when it's sent to the box it's just the red R on its own.
Old 15-03-2012, 18:05   #568
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Thanks for checking MM, no I don't. It shows the red R and series link logo within the app but when it's sent to the box it's just the red R on its own.
As a test so were both trying the same thing , set Petrol Age in showcase on iPad my series link has worked within seconds on the box.
Old 15-03-2012, 18:16   #569
Doz007
cf.geek

Just done the same, the app shows as series link sent but it only appears as a single recording in my planner. I then have to go in and press green in order for it to become a series link.

On another note the Sky Sports News app has been updated to version 2.0 which includes the multi camera F1 companion experience.
Old 15-03-2012, 19:02   #570
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Just done the same, the app shows as series link sent but it only appears as a single recording in my planner. I then have to go in and press green in order for it to become a series link.

On another note the Sky Sports News app has been updated to version 2.0 which includes the multi camera F1 companion experience.
Strange that it worked for me , try uninstalling the app the reinstall it and sign back in seen this on Sky help forum and thanks for news on Sky sports app.

---------- Post added at 19:02 ---------- Previous post was at 18:21 ----------

According to this poster EPG upgrade could be soon but if it's like the last time it was changed it will be rolled out gradually
http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showp...2&postcount=68