Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 3.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 3.
Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2012, 19:56   #526
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 3.

Let's try and keep the posts at least tangentially on topic of the thread, please....
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Advertisement
Old 03-08-2012, 20:04   #527
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telly_ View Post
Most of the 1million TiVos are swap outs for V+ an also you can only have TIVo now if you want a PVR So it's not 1 million new sales/additions.

Also isn't the first ever profit down to defered debt payments? Happy to be corrected.
Vm are buying the bonds back to try and reduce total liabilities, but it is going take a long time to make a dent.
Old 03-08-2012, 23:11   #528
harry_hitch
Heavens to Betsy, Bertie!

Services: TIVO, M TV, L BB, M Phone
harry_hitch has reached the bronze age
harry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
I'm guessing the ipad app, maybe including streaming and multi room streaming between Tivo boxes.
I believe that was due in the next update anyway, but with Picture box giving us a months free viewing, and thinking on terms of TIVO apps, I wonder if we are gonna get a bit of competition for them with the arrival of netflix, lovefilm or possibly both?
Old 05-08-2012, 14:31   #529
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry_hitch View Post
I believe that was due in the next update anyway, but with Picture box giving us a months free viewing, and thinking on terms of TIVO apps, I wonder if we are gonna get a bit of competition for them with the arrival of netflix, lovefilm or possibly both?
I wonder if SKY's Now TV app will launch on TiVo?
Old 05-08-2012, 14:37   #530
Media Boy UK
My post info may change

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy View Post
Thanks anything else.

Roll on the 22nd sept=when autumn begins.
No other info on this rumour right now.

Info I posted last Thursday and Friday was from an Virgin Viewer who knows an insider. But no insider I know can confrim.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 05-08-2012, 14:45   #531
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
I wonder if SKY's Now TV app will launch on TiVo?
I've wondered the same, but it is hard to see how it would fit in with the current Sky Movies and sports offerings and apart from Atlantic, we get all the channels. Maybe they could add just the Sky Atlantic part?
Old 05-08-2012, 21:57   #532
Media Boy UK
My post info may change

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
No other info on this rumour right now.

Info I posted last Thursday and Friday was from an Virgin Viewer who knows an insider. But no insider I know can confrim.
UPDATE on this rumour:

I have now been told that some of the new channels may just add on one hour (+1) channels. (Not from my insiders)

Other News.

My insider has confirmed that all extra Channel 4 Sports Channels that will broadcast from August 29th to September 10th will be carry by Virgin Media - No Channel numbers was given.

NOTE to all: - BBC Olympics Channels 18 to 24 (Both in SD and HD) has stop broadcasting.
Old 06-08-2012, 11:45   #533
smallclone
cf.geek

Services: M tv Broadband 150Mb/s. Superhub 3 V6
smallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
all extra Channel 4 Sports Channels .
What are these channels?

what sports?
Old 06-08-2012, 11:49   #534
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallclone View Post
What are these channels?

what sports?
For the Paralympics
Old 06-08-2012, 11:49   #535
Media Boy UK
My post info may change

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallclone View Post
What are these channels?

what sports?
Channel 4 will launch SIX extra channels for the Paralympic Olympics (Three being in SD and Three being in HD)

As well as broadcasting on Channel 4 and More4.
Old 06-08-2012, 11:52   #536
smallclone
cf.geek

Services: M tv Broadband 150Mb/s. Superhub 3 V6
smallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks both
Old 06-08-2012, 14:49   #537
Media Boy UK
My post info may change

Media Boy EXCLUSIVE: 'More than 5 new channels' to launch on Virgin TV this ''Autumn'.

My insider has now confirm that over 5 new channels will launch on Virgin Media this Autumn - Still no channel names was given.

The list of new channels will come from SD Channels, HD Channels or +1 hour channels.

But here the bad news Virgin Media will not launch any new Radio Channels.

©copyright 2012 Media Boy 2006 - 2012. An ''Keep it real and free'' Production.
Old 06-08-2012, 14:54   #538
DJ-SWITCH
Inactive

Services: Sky Q 2tb + 2 multiroom boxes, sky fiber, unlimited home phone + sky mobile unlimited :)
DJ-SWITCH is just really niceDJ-SWITCH is just really niceDJ-SWITCH is just really niceDJ-SWITCH is just really niceDJ-SWITCH is just really niceDJ-SWITCH is just really nice

Quote:
Media Boy EXCLUSIVE: 'More than 5 new channels' to launch on Virgin TV this ''Autumn'.

My insider has now confirm that over 5 new channels will launch on Virgin Media this Autumn - Still no channel names was given.

The list of new channels will come from SD Channels, HD Channels or +1 hour channels.

But here the bad news Virgin Media will not launch any new Radio Channels.

©copyright 2012 Media Boy 2006 - 2012. An ''Keep it real and free'' Production.
Hope there HD channels
Old 06-08-2012, 14:58   #539
Media Boy UK
My post info may change

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ-SWITCH View Post
Hope there HD channels
More than one will launch.
Old 06-08-2012, 15:00   #540
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
carlwaring has reached the bronze age
carlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze age

Thanks, MB. Keep it up
Closed Thread