Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Merged:-Comcast makes Bid for Sky

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Merged:-Comcast makes Bid for Sky

Old 04-03-2012, 13:24   #496
Doz007
cf.geek

Services: VM 200Mb BB, Sky Q Silver 2TB
Doz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation era
Re: General Sky TV Discussion

The only movie I've got on Anytime is In Time from Sky Store HD. Am I doing something wrong?

I'm looking forward to Senna next week and I've seen a couple of adverts for Hanna which looks good. If I could get these to appear on Anytime along with the other premieres that would be great.
Doz007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 04-03-2012, 13:27   #497
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doz007 View Post
The only movie I've got on Anytime is In Time from Sky Store HD. Am I doing something wrong?

I'm looking forward to Senna next week and I've seen a couple of adverts for Hanna which looks good. If I could get these to appear on Anytime along with the other premieres that would be great.
It seems strange you've not had them on any box

Try this on each box but only when you have nothing scheduled to record
http://www.sky.com/helpcentre/tv/sky...anner-rebuild/
Follow the instructions for planner rebuild
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 14:12   #498
Vicki
Permanently Banned

Vicki can only hope to improve

@DOZ

Do you leave your boxes on over night? Or in standby ,it is possible to switch off a sky box by holding down the power button on the remote if you do this your anytime won't update over night. I also assume you are looking in showcase? As that's where the pre downloaded stuff goes??
Vicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 14:32   #499
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
@DOZ

Do you leave your boxes on over night? Or in standby ,it is possible to switch off a sky box by holding down the power button on the remote if you do this your anytime won't update over night. I also assume you are looking in showcase? As that's where the pre downloaded stuff goes??
He only has Anytime as his BB is with VM so no showcase graphics or Anytime+. The procedure I've outlined in my previous post would be the same as what Sky would advise should he ring with this issue , however you make a valid point about unplugging the STB it's surprising how many do that unaware that Anytime is downloaded to the STB during the early hours.
Old 04-03-2012, 15:35   #500
Doz007
cf.geek

Doz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation era

Hi chaps,

Yeah the box is left on 24/7 and I'm still getting other things on Anytime on my 1TB box. I've just checked the standard Sky+HD box and all the Movies are present and correct!

See the pictures below taken about 10 minutes ago showing the differences in the Movies tab on Anytime.

1tb box:

Sky+HD box:
Old 04-03-2012, 15:46   #501
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

On the box that only has one Anytime listing do the planner rebuild in my post above , let us know if it populates as normal over the coming days. How many boxes do you have and what type are they ?
Old 04-03-2012, 15:56   #502
Doz007
cf.geek

Will do MM, How long does it take? Football starts in about 15 minutes.

I've got 3 boxes in total. The 1tb, a Sky+HD and a SkyHD box. On another note do any of your boxes list have the option to view the HD&3D category in the TV Guide next to All Channels?
Old 04-03-2012, 16:00   #503
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Will do MM, How long does it take? Football starts in about 15 minutes.

I've got 3 boxes in total. The 1tb, a Sky+HD and a SkyHD box. On another note do any of your boxes list have the option to view the HD&3D category in the TV Guide next to All Channels?
It takes about 2-3 minutes , on TV Guide next to All channels mine says HD.
Old 04-03-2012, 20:12   #504
Doz007
cf.geek

Right, I did the planner rebuild after the match in the end. I was waiting around for a little while until I realised I've got to turn the box back on once it's done it's thing!

My SkyHD box lists that category as HD&3D for some reason but it's just listed as HD on the other 2..... Strange.
Old 04-03-2012, 20:31   #505
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
My SkyHD box lists that category as HD&3D for some reason but it's just listed as HD on the other 2..... Strange.
Not sure why that is.
Old 05-03-2012, 12:43   #506
Alan Fry
Permanently Banned

Services: 100 MB Broadband, XL Tv, Sky Sports and Movies HD, all other prenium channels, 3 TIVO, 2 V HD
Alan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecart

Will Sky launch an improved Sky+ HD STB?
Alan Fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 12:56   #507
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Fry View Post
Will Sky launch an improved Sky+ HD STB?
l suspect they will launch something but when is another matter.
Old 05-03-2012, 13:02   #508
Alan Fry
Permanently Banned

Services: 100 MB Broadband, XL Tv, Sky Sports and Movies HD, all other prenium channels, 3 TIVO, 2 V HD
Alan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecart

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
l suspect they will launch something but when is another matter.
Foxtel's STB (which uses the same technology as sky) have 3 tuners (compaired to sky's 2)
Alan Fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 14:31   #509
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Their current STB is perfectly capable of receiving updated software.
Old 06-03-2012, 17:02   #510
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

BBC boss says Sky does not give CBBC and CBeebies prominence on EPG

Quote:
A senior BBC executive has accused BSkyB of reneging on its obligation to give public service channels such as CBeebies and CBBC "due prominence" on its electronic programme guide.

BBC director of policy and strategy, John Tate, said CBeebies, the BBC's pre-school service, is now 13th on the EPG list of children's channels on Sky, with CBBC in 14th. Above it are channels such as Nicktoons, Boomerang and six Disney services.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2012...redirect=false