Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8

Old 19-10-2014, 18:24   #481
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
Re: Moans and Pet Hates part 8

I share your moan weenie. It's so easy to bung another load in the washer/dryer that I forget it all has to be ironed.

My pet hate to-day. .. People who try to surround themselves with an air of authority and insider knowledge when all they are is keyboard fantasists.
Old 19-10-2014, 20:28   #482
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by joglynne View Post
My pet hate to-day. .. People who try to surround themselves with an air of authority and insider knowledge when all they are is keyboard fantasists.
To be fair they do tend to show themselves up as the tools they usually are when they do it though
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2014, 21:02   #483
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilli-theclaw View Post
To be fair they do tend to show themselves up as the tools they usually are when they do it though
Very true, this one irritates me beyond belief but in a strange way they never fail to amuse me how they fail to see what others see.
Old 19-10-2014, 22:39   #484
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

How am I supposed to be able to tell what is wrong with a laptop when I cannot see it and the person is over 200 miles away? Simply saying something funny is on the screen doesn't help me, and then they get the hump because I cannot do it and say what good is having a computer literate person in the family when I can't fix their problem.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2014, 22:52   #485
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkC1984 View Post
How am I supposed to be able to tell what is wrong with a laptop when I cannot see it and the person is over 200 miles away? Simply saying something funny is on the screen doesn't help me, and then they get the hump because I cannot do it and say what good is having a computer literate person in the family when I can't fix their problem.
It is very irritating when that happens. Or when people just turn up on the door having made the trip from that distance.

But what grates my carrot with regard this type of thing is that sometimes I get a 'friend of a friend' turn up at my door expecting a free pc / laptop repair.
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2014, 09:28   #486
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

Impatient drivers, got tooted at this morning for having the cheek to wait behind a car which had stopped at the front of the school while dropping their children off at the school gates. IMO it was not safe to pull out and move off because of oncoming traffic. Think I annoyed the lady more as I ignored her and her slight road rage. Monday morning madness. I think she needs to take a chill pill as she was getting annoyed with the car in front of me as well who pressed his horn back at her. What's the point in getting in a fluster for the sake of a couple of minutes.
Old 20-10-2014, 10:36   #487
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Ahh the perils of being the Computer Literate person in the family. Thankfully, there are now enough computer literate people in my family that I don't get a lot of queries now. When they do it, my family do it a little differently though. With them, I get invited somewhere (which is often a massive pain in the backside as I can't drive, and most of my family live more than 90 miles away) and they'll throw the phrase "and while you're here" into the conversation.

Don't get me wrong: I enjoy seeing my family and don't regret having to get a train or coach to do it.

I also hate doing phone support. It can be difficult to get someone else to look for some obscure error message, whether they know what they are doing or not. And there's always a chance that they are doing things differently to how they told you. I'm sure anyone who has done phone tech support for any company will be able to identify with that.

---------- Post added at 10:36 ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 ----------

My moan? Work.

We are working under a new structure at work, and while my new responsibilities have meant that I no longer have to do a lot of the day to day stuff I did last year, they also mean that my workload has increased and as a result, no matter how hard I work, the number of urgent tasks waiting for me to start is not going down at the moment, because no matter how quickly I finish a task, another one is coming along before I finish it.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2014, 10:46   #488
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star
Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
I also hate doing phone support. It can be difficult to get someone else to look for some obscure error message, whether they know what they are doing or not. And there's always a chance that they are doing things differently to how they told you. I'm sure anyone who has done phone tech support for any company will be able to identify with that.
And they insist on reading everything out what's on the screen to you. you can't shut them up and make them stop. you wait till they've read every single thing out, and tell them to select something that should be there as they've just read it out. and then they go "where's that?"

and then you have to start all over again. only this time you tell them to STFU and listen.
Gary L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2014, 12:16   #489
Stop It
Inactive

Services: VM Vivid 200 VM XL TV & Sky Sports VM Phone
Stop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of society

Quote:
Indeed. I have got to the point where if I get friends/family ask for help, I either ask for the device in question to look at or if that's not possible to use Teamviewer to actually SEE the problem for myself.

A vague "My laptop/tablet/cat isn't working" usually gets a funny look from me now.
Stop It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2014, 12:18   #490
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

I had to cancel my lunch date today
Old 21-10-2014, 12:41   #491
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Miserable lowlife *******s who steal from the mail!!! Got a very belated birthday card today for Osem Jnr #2 only to find it'd been carefully sliced open along the bottom edge and the £20 note which was inside had been removed. Ironically it had been sent from NZ after the original (including another £20) never made it here so that's 2 thefts out 2 - a dismal 100% record but of course proving who was responsible is impossible...
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2014, 13:31   #492
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

Still complain though, that is disgusting.

My moan today is a very bad case of acid reflux, have a feeling like someone is pressing down on my Adam's apple. Seeing my GP this afternoon, maybe a referral to hospital for another barium swallow test and possibly camera down throat.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2014, 15:20   #493
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
Miserable lowlife *******s who steal from the mail!!! Got a very belated birthday card today for Osem Jnr #2 only to find it'd been carefully sliced open along the bottom edge and the £20 note which was inside had been removed. Ironically it had been sent from NZ after the original (including another £20) never made it here so that's 2 thefts out 2 - a dismal 100% record but of course proving who was responsible is impossible...
Always best never to send cash in the post.
Old 21-10-2014, 16:13   #494
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Always best never to send cash in the post.
We have sent cash by post for many years as we put Birthday and Christmas cards in padded envelopes thus no one can see what it is and then we get a recorded delivery for them and so far in 20 years we have never had a problem SnoopZ.
Old 21-10-2014, 17:24   #495
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
Utterly disgusting human beings IMHO. Cannot understand why people do that.