Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2013) Vol. 4.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2013) Vol. 4.
Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2013, 13:20   #481
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2013) Vol. 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
Probably not. SKY 1 has been called SKY 1 since 1989, a good 7 years before SKY launched SKY 2.
It was initially called 'Sky Channel'. Not sure when it changed to Sky 1, but it was definately by 1991.

I have often thought that Sky must have intended on naming their channels numerically, but the takeover of BSB and their thematically named channels changed their way of thinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocav View Post
...Apparently next year, everyone will have too pay and it won't be with BT Broadband. Currently only 23,000 people think it's worth paying for, if I was a shareholder, I wouldn't be happy.
I am and I aren't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry_hitch View Post
It would depend if the shareholders were more interested in the BB take-up, if so, they would probably be somewhat happier. Equally the shareholders must surely be aware that if you offer struggling families something for "free" or a monthly cost of £12/£15 a month, the majority of people will take the "free" option.
I would also think that die-hard football and rugby fans will pay for it next year, as they did with ESPN.
If I were a share holder though, I would be happy to take small amount of money from VM's reasonably large customer base, rather than a larger amount of nothing from none of VM's customer base.
Absolutely.

It isn't just the financial side either. I personally aren't bothered about watching BT Sport, but many people are.

I know many lads/men that aren't just into football or class themselves as fans. They live and breathe it, it's their life and it's as if they need football to survive.
Advertisement
Old 10-08-2013, 13:51   #482
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
Media Boy EXCLUSIVE: Virgin Media to add some new Channels - should launch before Thursday.

I can now reveal that the following channels should launch before Thursday on Virgin Media:

Channels to launch:
-TCM +1 is set to launch on Virgin Media on Tuesday*.
-Drama is set to launch on Virgin Media on Wednesday*.

*No info on packages news or channel numbers was given - hope to post more info by Tuesday.

NOTE: I do not work for Virgin Media so all the information on this post is still subject to change.

copyright 2013 Media Boy 2006 - 2013. An ''Keep it real and free'' Production.
Are those 2 of the 4 channels recently testing?
Old 10-08-2013, 14:04   #483
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
Are those 2 of the 4 channels recently testing?
hope not
Old 10-08-2013, 14:07   #484
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42 View Post
hope not
If they are then that does not bode well at all.
Old 10-08-2013, 14:09   #485
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
If they are then that does not bode well at all.
exactly Den mate
Old 10-08-2013, 14:17   #486
Nelgy
Inactive

Services: VIP and additional VH HD box
Nelgy is an unknown quantity at this point

Could be the other 2 channels testing are for BT sports as ESPN already on the EPG
Old 10-08-2013, 14:21   #487
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelgy View Post
Could be the other 2 channels testing are for BT sports as ESPN already on the EPG
that would mean only SD and no HD if only 2 tests for BT
Old 10-08-2013, 14:32   #488
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42 View Post
that would mean only SD and no HD if only 2 tests for BT
And if that was the case then it looks like BT will do exactly what SKY have done and that is to with-hold HD variants.
Old 10-08-2013, 14:43   #489
JustaBloke

or far more likely, the other two channels are buy-tat.tv and buy-tat.tv2.

Old 10-08-2013, 14:49   #490
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustaBloke View Post
or far more likely, the other two channels are buy-tat.tv and buy-tat.tv2.
l am sure that will please somebody.
Old 10-08-2013, 15:19   #491
howardmicks
Inactive

Services: VIP.152b/b,2xTivos,Vm mobile+ipad 4th gen,BT Sports.sky2tbHD,sky3d+ extra+Sports+Movies HD(Murdoch's
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal

Interesting post on Facebook
I just had a chat with a woman in the disconnection dept as I was disconnecting my services , now this didnt come from me (wink wink ) but she stated that on tuesday just gone they tested all 4 of the bt sports channels sd &hd on the virgin platform so they knew that they would work and they dis and are hoping to switch on by next sat ( just repeating what I heard so dont hold me to.it )

This was kind of implied to me when I was contacted by the ceo's office but I promised not to shout about it,now others are saying it I feel I can.
This along with a excellent discount was the reason I stayed also expect to see the hd channels that are missing that are shown in Ireland soon and dare I say it.?????
Sky Atlantic in autum,none of this is guaranteed but it was certainly implied that all of these things could expected to happen.
AGAIN NOT CONFIRMED but hopefully the great MB will confirm in future posts
Old 10-08-2013, 15:29   #492
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

Drama will be a good addition to the EPG as its on freeview I would expect it to be on all TV packs M+ upwards
Old 10-08-2013, 15:31   #493
Henkesghost
Sceptic

Henkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronze
Henkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardmicks View Post
Interesting post on Facebook
I just had a chat with a woman in the disconnection dept as I was disconnecting my services , now this didnt come from me (wink wink ) but she stated that on tuesday just gone they tested all 4 of the bt sports channels sd &hd on the virgin platform so they knew that they would work and they dis and are hoping to switch on by next sat ( just repeating what I heard so dont hold me to.it )

This was kind of implied to me when I was contacted by the ceo's office but I promised not to shout about it,now others are saying it I feel I can.
This along with a excellent discount was the reason I stayed also expect to see the hd channels that are missing that are shown in Ireland soon and dare I say it.?????
Sky Atlantic in autum,none of this is guaranteed but it was certainly implied that all of these things could expected to happen.
AGAIN NOT CONFIRMED but hopefully the great MB will confirm in future posts
Maybe I've gone too early but...............

Old 10-08-2013, 15:39   #494
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkesghost View Post
Maybe I've gone too early but...............

Too early
Old 10-08-2013, 15:41   #495
Henkesghost
Sceptic

Henkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronze
Henkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin25 View Post
Too early