Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Britain outside the EU

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Britain outside the EU

Old 11-02-2023, 15:49   #4771
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: Britain outside the EU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
If Hugh disagrees with me, he's fooling himself.
Hugh agrees with reality, but disagrees with Sephiroth - "And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?"

Unless, of course, Sephiroth can provide evidence* to back up his assertion that

Quote:
the Police are gearing up for London being a majority non-white city in the near future
such as statistics showing that London will be "majority non-white in the near future" and policy papers/plans that state the Met are "gearing up" for this…

nb - non-evidence based opinion pieces from the Telegraph/Spectator/Farage don’t count…
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.

Last edited by Hugh; 11-02-2023 at 15:56.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 11-02-2023, 16:07   #4772
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Hugh agrees with reality, but disagrees with Sephiroth…

Unless, of course, Sephiroth can provide evidence* to back up his assertion that

such as statistics showing that London will be "majority non-white in the near future" and policy papers/plans that state the Met are "gearing up" for this…

nb - non-evidence based opinion pieces from the Telegraph/Spectator/Farage don’t count…

If you put these two links together, you have the proof.

https://www.lbc.co.uk/news/white-bri...on-birmingham/

Quote:
White British people are the minority in London and Birmingham, the UK's two largest cities, for the first time since records began, according to new census figures.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...epted-met-bid/

Quote:
..... Mr Parr said setting ambitious targets both around the number of police recruits and diversity was understandable, but that it increased the risk of lowering standards and recruiting people who were not suited to the job.

He said there was even anecdotal evidence that some applicants were being accepted even though they were “functionally illiterate in English” and had difficulty writing up crime reports.

Mr Parr told The Telegraph: “We completely support the idea that London - which will likely be a minority white city in the next decade or so - should not be policed by an overwhelmingly white police force.

“That is clearly wrong. It is not just wrong from a legitimacy point of view, and from an appearances point of view, it is also operationally wrong because it means that the Met does not get insight into some of the communities it polices and that has caused problems in the past.

“So we completely support the drive to make the Met much more representative of the community it serves than it is at the moment.”
The Telegraph is reputable.

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2023, 16:15   #4773
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

I see the goalposts have moved from London being "majority non-white" to "minority White British"…

There is nothing in the Telegraph article to support your assertion

Quote:
the Police are gearing up for London being a majority non-white city in the near future - with all the cultural clashes that could bring.
Meanwhile, back in reality…

https://data.london.gov.uk/dataset/e...on-projections

"Other White" is European/Australian/NZ/American/Canadian/etc…
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 32881148-3FF9-4A5A-8D9E-D64091CF7F53.jpeg (75.7 KB, 47 views)

Last edited by Hugh; 11-02-2023 at 16:21.
Old 11-02-2023, 16:29   #4774
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Like it or not, it's coming.

https://www.ethnicity-facts-figures....c%20minorities

Quote:
2021 Census data for England and Wales shows that:

the most ethnically diverse region was London – 46.2% of residents identified with Asian, black, mixed or ‘other’ ethnic groups, and a further 17.0% with white ethnic minorities

Old 11-02-2023, 17:28   #4775
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array

The only "cultural clashes" happening are those from the fascist right, terrorising asylum seekers and burning police vehicles:

Far-right protesters clash with police at Merseyside hotel housing asylum seekers

A direct result of the toxic Tory policy towards asylum seekers.

"as you sow, so shall you reap"

---------- Post added at 17:28 ---------- Previous post was at 17:26 ----------

Quote:

If you put these two links together, you have the proof.

https://www.lbc.co.uk/news/white-bri...on-birmingham/

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...epted-met-bid/

The Telegraph is reputable.

Why do you have a problem with a multi-cultural London?
Old 11-02-2023, 17:35   #4776
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Old 11-02-2023, 17:45   #4777
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianch99 View Post
SNIP>

Not all cultures mix well. Some cultures are utterly alien to ours, bringing their crime and attitudes with them.

But what matters to me is that we see what's going on, smell the coffee and understand that you can expect no-go areas in London as certain cultures dominate. That's already been seen in East London.

Then, if you have a considerably higher ethnic balance in the police force, and if those ethnic officers retain their culture, justice and good order is likely to suffer.

My fears are echoed in Sweden.

https://www.euractiv.com/section/pol...ers-in-sweden/

Quote:
Social Democrat Swedish Prime Minister Magdalena Andersson declared on Tuesday that she stands against ‘ethnic clusters’ in the country in a bid to defend the earlier controversial declarations of her Integration Minister on “non-Nordic” residents.

In the run-up to the September elections, the ruling Social Democrats are toughening their stance on integration issues in the face of the breakthrough of the far right in the polls. According to the latest opinion poll from SVT/Novus published on Monday, the Social Democrats stood at 27.8%, followed by the eurosceptic Sweden Democrat party at 21.5%.
You'll note that this is in response to "far-right" voting sentiments (by ordinary, very nice Swedes).. Some cultures don't mix here, nor in Sweden, nor in Germany etc. Your hysteric term "fascist" is misplaced. Cultures clash and that brings out extremes that would otherwise stay quiet.

Old 11-02-2023, 18:59   #4778
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (900 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
A direct result of the toxic Tory policy towards asylum seekers.
You do realise that not everything in the country is the result of a "Tory" policy.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2023, 20:14   #4779
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Not all cultures mix well. Some cultures are utterly alien to ours, bringing their crime and attitudes with them.

But what matters to me is that we see what's going on, smell the coffee and understand that you can expect no-go areas in London as certain cultures dominate. That's already been seen in East London.

Then, if you have a considerably higher ethnic balance in the police force, and if those ethnic officers retain their culture, justice and good order is likely to suffer.

My fears are echoed in Sweden.

https://www.euractiv.com/section/pol...ers-in-sweden/

You'll note that this is in response to "far-right" voting sentiments (by ordinary, very nice Swedes).. Some cultures don't mix here, nor in Sweden, nor in Germany etc. Your hysteric term "fascist" is misplaced. Cultures clash and that brings out extremes that would otherwise stay quiet.

Evidence of "no go areas" in East London, please?
Old 11-02-2023, 20:18   #4780
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
You do realise that not everything in the country is the result of a "Tory" policy.
Correct, but you'll get the usual " but I no better" from him.
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2023, 20:21   #4781
Ms NTL
cf.geek

Ms NTL is a pillar of societyMs NTL is a pillar of societyMs NTL is a pillar of societyMs NTL is a pillar of societyMs NTL is a pillar of societyMs NTL is a pillar of societyMs NTL is a pillar of societyMs NTL is a pillar of societyMs NTL is a pillar of societyMs NTL is a pillar of societyMs NTL is a pillar of societyMs NTL is a pillar of societyMs NTL is a pillar of societyMs NTL is a pillar of societyMs NTL is a pillar of societyMs NTL is a pillar of societyMs NTL is a pillar of societyMs NTL is a pillar of societyMs NTL is a pillar of society

Quote:
The only "cultural clashes" happening are those from the fascist right, terrorising asylum seekers and burning police vehicles:
Leicester: Hindus v Muslims

Quote:

Good question/point.

@Seph I partially lived in the Mile End (East London) for 5-6 years. The cockneys are integrated with the muslims that you could not tell them apart (except clothes/beard shape -if different) -they are all cockneys. I could not see any conflict. I was living near the station, was I in the wrong neighbourhood?

I am not Dulux brilliant white, but European white (lol)

South Africa has the full range of white colours: British white, French white Dutch white ...., and yes, they still have coloured (not black) people .... A friend of mine had no colour, he was mixed race Canadian-Malay, transparent colour?

What's the skin colour has to do with anything?
Ms NTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2023, 20:33   #4782
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Quote:
Don't you remember the Sharia Law no-go areas a few years ago? That thinking hasn't gone away.

---------- Post added at 20:33 ---------- Previous post was at 20:28 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms NTL View Post
Leicester: Hindus v Muslims

Good question/point.

@Seph I partially lived in the Mile End (East London) for 5-6 years. The cockneys are integrated with the muslims that you could not tell them apart (except clothes/beard shape -if different) -they are all cockneys. I could not see any conflict. I was living near the station, was I in the wrong neighbourhood?

I am not Dulux brilliant white, but European white (lol)

South Africa has the full range of white colours: British white, French white Dutch white ...., and yes, they still have coloured (not black) people .... A friend of mine had no colour, he was mixed race Canadian-Malay, transparent colour?

What's the skin colour has to do with anything?
Nothing per se beyond the word "White" that the official statistics use.

Old 11-02-2023, 21:32   #4783
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Quote:
Don't you remember the Sharia Law no-go areas a few years ago? That thinking hasn't gone away.

---------- Post added at 20:33 ---------- Previous post was at 20:28 ----------

Nothing per se beyond the word "White" that the official statistics use.
That’s a "none", then…

Unless you mean the half a dozen assholes in 2013-14 who were arrested and jailed…

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Musl...ents_in_London

Last edited by Hugh; 11-02-2023 at 21:42.
Old 11-02-2023, 21:42   #4784
mrmistoffelees

Services: Many
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze

Quote:
Don't you remember the Sharia Law no-go areas a few years ago? That thinking hasn't gone away.[COLOR="Silver"]
I think you’re confusing that with the M&M store

https://youtu.be/9GrH_PRKsf4
Old 11-02-2023, 21:47   #4785
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Very apposite..

Quote:
Simply saying it’s a thing, doesn’t make it a thing…