Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | bbc Sports Personality of the year 2008

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

bbc Sports Personality of the year 2008
View Poll Results: Vote for your BBC sports personality of the year
Rebecca Adlington 1 11.11%
Nicole Cooke 1 11.11%
Chris Hoy 1 11.11%
Rebecca Romero 0 0%
Bradley Wiggins 0 0%
Ben Ainslie 0 0%
Christine Ohuruogu 0 0%
Lewis Hamilton 2 22.22%
Joe Calzaghe 4 44.44%
Andy Murray 0 0%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 14-12-2008, 01:01   #31
MovedGoalPosts
Inactive

MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
Re: bbc Sports Personality of the year 2008

It takes one to know one Russ
MovedGoalPosts is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 14-12-2008, 01:16   #32
punky
Inactive

punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura
punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesman View Post
Good to see the Beeb recognise one of football's "gentlemen*

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tv_a...ar/7775752.stm
Excellent choice I don't know how many non-Man U fans know this, but he's served on the Man U board for decades and attends every home game.

:noworthy:
punky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2008, 21:00   #33
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Hamilton was robbed

---------- Post added at 21:00 ---------- Previous post was at 21:00 ----------

Hoy won.

STAY AT HOME: I found out that mum will never walk again as the coronavirus attacked her nervous system. She died on September 30th.
Hom3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2008, 21:12   #34
SB_07
Inactive

Services: V+ XL/20MB BB.
SB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation era

Calzaghe wasn't even in the top 3? What a joke.
SB_07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2008, 21:19   #35
soup dragon
Inactive

Services: XL BB, XL TV, V+
soup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of societysoup dragon is a pillar of society

i think the fact that there were only 9 votes in this poll tells you that it is not what it used to be.
soup dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2008, 23:04   #36
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Well this non sporty person thought that it was a very close event this year.Tis a pity that there can only be one winner because they all deserved to win..in any other year they all would have been worthy.

How many years lately has there been too few outstanding sports men and women then in one year there are more than you can shake a trophy at?
Old 15-12-2008, 01:08   #37
Caff
I'm a geek???

Caff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronze
Caff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy J View Post
Well this non sporty person thought that it was a very close event this year.Tis a pity that there can only be one winner because they all deserved to win..in any other year they all would have been worthy.

How many years lately has there been too few outstanding sports men and women then in one year there are more than you can shake a trophy at?

True!
And good to see the Olympians have their moments again.
My vote was with Adlington... and I wonder how many voters took 'Sporting personality of the year' into consideration.
What the heck... it was great to watch Hoy bringing home the gold too.
Old 15-12-2008, 23:43   #38
sk8er_boi6000
Inactive

sk8er_boi6000 has a spectacular aura about themsk8er_boi6000 has a spectacular aura about themsk8er_boi6000 has a spectacular aura about themsk8er_boi6000 has a spectacular aura about them

Being an F1 fan I would have voted for Lewis, but Chris Hoy is totally deserving as well, excellent achievement.
sk8er_boi6000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2008, 23:03   #39
frogstamper
Inactive

Services: VIP
frogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronze
frogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronze

As mentioned above by Coggy, in any other year the award could have gone to any of the top six, I feel though overall the choice of Hoy was correct...three gold medals in one Olympics a worthy winner indeed.
As regards the others in my opinion it was going to be between Adlinton, Calzaghe, Hamilton and Hoy, all had a truly remarkable year.
One thing that does make me smile is the title sports "personality", then Andy Murray.
frogstamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2008, 00:51   #40
Caff
I'm a geek???

Caff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronze
Caff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogstamper View Post
As mentioned above by Coggy, in any other year the award could have gone to any of the top six, I feel though overall the choice of Hoy was correct...three gold medals in one Olympics a worthy winner indeed.
As regards the others in my opinion it was going to be between Adlinton, Calzaghe, Hamilton and Hoy, all had a truly remarkable year.
One thing that does make me smile is the title sports "personality", then Andy Murray.
Ah - but he has spririt and passion; and we may become proud of him yet !
Calzaghe, I am reliably informed (not a fan of out-and-out contact sport), should have had a better appreciation, Hamilton has a few years to acclaim the title..... and - I just really liked Adlington.......
Hoy seems to me to be a quiet and committed stalwart and am glad he was recognised.