Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Cable Forum Exit Poll, 2024

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The Cable Forum Exit Poll, 2024
View Poll Results: Who did you vote for?
Labour 24 48.98%
Conservative 1 2.04%
Liberal Democrat 4 8.16%
Plaid Cymru OR SNP 1 2.04%
Reform UK 9 18.37%
Green 0 0%
NI - Unionist 0 0%
NI - Nationalist 0 0%
Other 5 10.20%
I did not vote 5 10.20%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-07-2024, 23:16   #31
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: The Cable Forum Exit Poll, 2024

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
Underwhelming “compared to many of the forecasts”.

We all know that polls are just that - indeed even the exit poll is just that. Labour could still outperform the exit poll in the actual results.

I think it was a perfectly acceptable point to make that invited better than your insults. As did my first response and this will be my last.
It was more the fact it was a point you felt you had to make…

The problem with playing devil’s advocate is that the devil already has plenty of advocates on the payroll and there’s really no need for you to take it up as a hobby…
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 04-07-2024, 23:32   #32
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
criticising an overwhelmingly winning party because they didn’t do as well as people forecast they would is pretty amusing.
Criticising a party or remarking on the inaccuracy of mental pollsters..

Whilst not using tiresome memes.

---------- Post added at 23:32 ---------- Previous post was at 23:30 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
It was more the fact it was a point you felt you had to make…
A point of fact?

Quote:
The problem with playing devil’s advocate is that the devil already has plenty of advocates on the payroll and there’s really no need for you to take it up as a hobby…
Probably best you put the ovaltine on.
Old 04-07-2024, 23:51   #33
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
Considering some poles, that we’re putting LibDems ahead. If the Tories keep 130 -140, I think they’ll take that.
It’s interesting how it was massive sample MRP polls, supposedly with a crystal ball capable of predicting results at constituency level, that were predicting Con/LD parity and have now apparently been shown to have fallen well short of their promised accuracy.

---------- Post added at 23:51 ---------- Previous post was at 23:50 ----------

And will some of you please just GET A ROOM
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2024, 23:52   #34
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
It’s interesting how it was massive sample MRP polls, supposedly with a crystal ball capable of predicting results at constituency level, that were predicting Con/LD parity and have now apparently been shown to have fallen well short of their promised accuracy.
To be fair this did fall within some of their ranges albeit at the higher end.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2024, 00:58   #35
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (900 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
I'm intrigued. What was the 'Other' vote?
There are a lot of independant candidates.

---------- Post added at 00:58 ---------- Previous post was at 00:57 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
Voters have got us into this mess
Non voters have only themselves to blame.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2024, 01:16   #36
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
There are a lot of independant candidates.
It's northern Ireland and the speaker's seat.

The Exit Poll doesn't have a single actual independent winning but it does look like Corbyn might win in Islington.
Old 05-07-2024, 01:48   #37
Anonymouse
RIP Tigger - 12 years?!

Services: EE Superfast Broadband
Anonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appeal
Anonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appeal

<sarcasm>You'll forgive me if I'm not surprised by the result.</sarcasm>

Bringing back National Service ("Get Some In!" and all that cobblers), practically criminalising being long-term sick, allowing the DWP to think they know better than a doctor if someone's unfit for work? Political suicide.

I don't trust Labour, either. But as we thought in 1997,<sarcasm> they could hardly do worse.</sarcasm>

There still wasn't a None Of The Above option, was there? I am not apathetic because I didn't vote. I didn't vote because I was following Heinlein's Principle to its logical conclusion, i.e. vote against, and I don't trust any of them. Hence my decision was entirely logical.

Plus I forgot.

Clarke and Douglas had a point:

"We want a President who has to be dragged kicking and screaming into the White House - then he'll get time off for good behaviour."

- shrewd political commentator, Arthur C. Clarke's Imperial Earth

The major problem - one of the major problems, for there are several - one of the many major problems with governing people is that of who you get to do it - or rather of who manages to get people to let them do it to them.
To summarise: It is a well-known and much lamented fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it.
To summarise the summary: Anyone who is capable of getting themselves elected President should on no account be allowed to do the job.
To summarise the summary of the summary: People are a problem.

- Fit the Thirteenth, The (immortal!) Hitch-Hiker's Guide To The Galaxy

"Though you're in the RAF
You'll never see a plane..."

"They take two years off your life
"Now isn't that a sin?
"There's only one way to get out,
"And that's to get some in!
"Get Some In!"

- theme song, "Get Some In!"

WINDOWS 11, ANYONE?!

Last edited by Anonymouse; 05-07-2024 at 01:57.
Anonymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2024, 04:00   #38
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (900 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Reform have taken Ashfield, thats not too far away from me ...

---------- Post added at 03:31 ---------- Previous post was at 02:34 ----------

Farage has also won his seat in Clacton.

---------- Post added at 04:00 ---------- Previous post was at 03:31 ----------

The Conservatives have completely crashed in Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire.

Ashfield (as mentioned above) was lost to Reform.
Bolsover, Amber Valley, Broxtowe, Erewash & Rushcliffe all lost to Labour.

Rushcliffe has been Conservative almost as long as I have been alive, Ken Clarke was its MP for 39 years.

Old 05-07-2024, 04:43   #39
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

SNP pretty much wiped out in Central Scotland. Having lost 27 seats already.

I am still shocked so many hardened SNP supporters have all switched to Labour.
Old 05-07-2024, 04:59   #40
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Labour have officially won, having just reached the required 326 seats.

Old 05-07-2024, 05:34   #41
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Labour has remained the same in England but shed votes in urban areas like London and gained them in marginal seats across the rest of the country. Lost a handful of seats because of Gaza.

But the Scotland result is amazing for them. Scotland went back to Labour in a huge way that one one was expecting.
Old 05-07-2024, 05:47   #42
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

I was expecting a change to Labour for Scotland but no where near that much of a shift. SNP pretty much wiped out in the central belt.
Old 05-07-2024, 06:04   #43
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

This election is mental. I need sleep now
Old 05-07-2024, 06:58   #44
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Liz Truss have been booted out.
Old 05-07-2024, 07:27   #45
mrmistoffelees

Services: Many
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze

Labour took the seat in Middlesbrough South & East Cleveland but it was incredibly close 210 ish votes in it and turn out was approximately 55%

I have a faint hope of optimism this morning, Labour dont need to deliver a land of milk and honey, they just need to be not as crap as the tories were