Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Snow !

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Snow !

Old 28-12-2005, 08:20   #406
Chimaera
cf.mega poster

Chimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny star
Chimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny star
Re: [Merged] Snow !

Just dropped Paul off to work - I went via the A13 and M25 instead of the little country lanes which stay icy for ever! Just a light dusting of snow round here (Essex/London) but it's frozen over so not very nice to drive on the side roads - the major ones are ok.
Chimaera is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 28-12-2005, 09:16   #407
Marge
Inactive

Marge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny stars
Marge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny stars

to Paul as I'm working today as well
Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2005, 10:54   #408
bopdude
Inactive

bopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny stars
bopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to bopdude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marge
to Paul as I'm working today as well
I'm not, still gotta go out though, junior bop wants some pc bits and theres quite a bit of snow on the ground, the BIG freeze could be here
bopdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2005, 12:36   #409
Nidge

Services: Virgin, phone and 50meg Broadband.

Just got back from Stevenage, Jesus what a journey, the A14 was blocked by 2 lorries that had jack knifed, the roads were shocking. I got back in one piece though.
Old 28-12-2005, 12:50   #410
homealone

Mrs Gaz has just got back from a short foray & reports that while we have had about an inch or two near the coast, further inland there is quite a bit more - and more falling. I'm quite glad not to have to go to work, this week

- loads of food & water out for the birds, in fact they are so stuffed with fat & seeds it is a wonder they can fly
Old 28-12-2005, 16:25   #411
Halcyon
Hello !

Services: Sky, AppleTV, Netflix
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars

We are driving back up the motorway back to England on Sunday and I just know we will be held up in the snow.
I love the snow, but when you want to get anywhere by car, it can be a real pain. Here's hoping there w'ont be too much.

Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2005, 19:10   #412
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Services: Amazon Prime Video & Netflix. Deregistered from my TV licence.
Ramrod has a golden aura
Ramrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden aura

Britain under attack from mysterious white substance

Quote:
Britain came under sustained attack today from a mysterious white substance known as "snow". Rooftops, pavements, grassed areas and other surfaces have all been covered in the affected areas, with human-shaped mounds forming in some places.

Witnesses described the substance "raining down from the heavens". "It was frightening, I've never seen anything like it before," said one. "I thought it would never end but it just kept coming."

The origins of the attack are unclear and it is not yet known how many casualties it has caused. A DeadBrain journalist was monitoring known extremist websites, including Fox News, for claims of responsibility, but was arrested under the Terrorism Act and imprisoned for 28 days.

COBRA, the Cabinet's emergency response committee, has met several times during the course of the day. Defence Secretary Dr John Reid appealed for calm from his underground bunker. "Right now we don't know what this is or what has caused it, but we're doing everything we can to stop it, which isn't a lot," he said.

"People should stay indoors and tape their doors and windows shut. They certainly should not touch this substance if they see it, and it is advisable to boil your water if you live in an affected area."

A spokesman for the Home Office listed the areas affected as being London and the South East, eastern England and northern England †“ "so basically all the important bits and eastern and northern England".
Old 29-12-2005, 19:33   #413
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (900 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

The temperature dropped to -8.2 C here last night, and hasn't gone above -2.3 C here all day.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2005, 19:40   #414
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden aura

The severe frost lasted all day.Then about 5pm we got a sprinkling of sleet that sort of laid for about 20 minutes.Bet the kids round here were mightily disappointed.
Old 29-12-2005, 20:58   #415
Graham
Inactive

Graham has a nice shiny star
Graham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny star

Everything was fine down here until late this afternoon when I got out of the Gym to find that it had snowed.

It wasn't too bad on the main roads, but when I got to the side roads I decided that I wasn't going to chance cycling on it!
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2005, 21:17   #416
homealone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham
Everything was fine down here until late this afternoon when I got out of the Gym to find that it had snowed.

It wasn't too bad on the main roads, but when I got to the side roads I decided that I wasn't going to chance cycling on it!
wise move - I remember one year the snow was of a consistency that immediately packed down to a sheet of ice when a car went over it, (remember when you used to make a 'slide' ) - one side road was so slippy that the camber was enough to take the wheels from under me.
Old 29-12-2005, 21:19   #417
TheBlueRaja
cf.mega poster

Services: Initiations, rep rigging and orgies!
TheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny star
TheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny star

Chucking it down in Glasgow at the moment.
TheBlueRaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2005, 09:46   #418
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlueRaja
Chucking it down in Glasgow at the moment.
It was just starting when I escaped Glasgow after work last night. Driving over Queens View was fun, heavy snow in headlights is a bit dazzling

Went back down to Drymen for a curry later in the evening and nearly couldn't get back home - there was smoke coming from the clutch by the time I got to the top of the steep hill coming back out of Balmaha.

Now I'm snowed in, but seeing as I wasn't going to work anyway I just feel cheated.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2005, 10:08   #419
poolking
Inactive

Services: Sky World 300k BB NTL Phone
poolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to poolking Send a message via MSN to poolking Send a message via Yahoo to poolking

The snow didn't last long in Stafford, just raining now.
poolking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2005, 10:39   #420
Angua
17 years same company

Services: ? BB, basic phone. Share of Disney+
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by poolking
The snow didn't last long in Stafford, just raining now.
Should mean the Brother in Law and G/F should have no problems getting down here. All we have is