Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 3.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 3.
Closed Thread

Old 30-07-2012, 11:50   #376
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 3.

Thanks for that news MB.
Old 30-07-2012, 11:58   #377
ken1234
Inactive

Services: skyhd tv ondemnd and the fall pack on tv. bt Broadband - Unlimited BT Infinity 2 .
ken1234 has much to be proud ofken1234 has much to be proud ofken1234 has much to be proud ofken1234 has much to be proud ofken1234 has much to be proud ofken1234 has much to be proud ofken1234 has much to be proud ofken1234 has much to be proud ofken1234 has much to be proud ofken1234 has much to be proud of

anynew aboute new connels comeing leter in the the year ?
Old 30-07-2012, 12:03   #378
Media Boy UK
My post info may change

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken1234 View Post
anynew aboute new connels comeing leter in the the year ?
No news has been seen in Media Boy HQ about new channels coming.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 30-07-2012, 13:00   #379
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
No news has been seen in Media Boy HQ about new channels coming.
Any new channels are likely to come in October MB.
Old 30-07-2012, 13:07   #380
Media Boy UK
My post info may change

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
See post 378
Old 30-07-2012, 20:33   #381
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
SPL moves kick off times this weekend.

Saturday August 4th.
Celtic v Aberdeen - kick-off 12.45pm

Sunday August 5
Dundee United v Hibernian - kick-off 1pm

http://www.scotprem.com/content/defa...2&newsid=11526
Has this been done for the convenience of Sky?

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
October is the earliest that I believe that any new channels will be launching (apart from the possibility that the three temporary C4 Paralympic channels may appear.)
Old 30-07-2012, 20:40   #382
Media Boy UK
My post info may change

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Has this been done for the convenience of Sky?
I have seen tonight on DS Forum (I forget where I seen it) that an DS Poster says that the Celtic game may appear on Sky Sports 2 as Sky EPG says ''Live Football - Live Football from Sky Sports.''

And the Dundee United will maybe be shown on ESPN on Sunday as ESPN are not showing anything Live for two hours when that SPL game is playing.

Quote:
October is the earliest that I believe that any new channels will be launching (apart from the possibly that the three temporary C4 Paralympic channels may appear.)
I have seen the same thing from my insiders.
Old 31-07-2012, 12:23   #383
Media Boy UK
My post info may change

Media Boy EXCLUSIVE: PictureBox freeview next month on Virgin TV.

I have today been told that Virgin Media customers will get PictureBox absolutely free on Virgin Media on Demand from August 1st to September 1st.

On September 1st PictureBox will go back to being £5 per month extra.
Old 31-07-2012, 12:27   #384
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Media Boy EXCLUSIVE: PictureBox freeview next month on Virgin TV.

I have today been told that Virgin Media customers will get PictureBox absolutely free on Virgin Media on Demand from August 1st to September 1st.

On September 1st PictureBox will go back to being £5 per month extra.
Wow something for free for once.
Old 31-07-2012, 12:35   #385
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
carlwaring has reached the bronze age
carlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze age

Free is always welcome, but last time I checked PB didn't have anything I would want to pay for anyway
Old 31-07-2012, 12:38   #386
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlwaring View Post
Free is always welcome, but last time I checked PB didn't have anything I would want to pay for anyway
OK I give in - what sort of offerings does it have ?
Old 31-07-2012, 12:48   #387
krazy
Inactive

Services: 200mb broadband, xl tv, m phone, tivo
krazy is on a distinguished roadkrazy is on a distinguished road

i would say very few movie subscribers would pay for pb esp since we got sky anytime
Old 31-07-2012, 12:49   #388
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
carlwaring has reached the bronze age
carlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
OK I give in - what sort of offerings does it have ?
Basically, old movies.

https://www.picturebox.tv/provider/v...edia?locale=uk

That said, there might be a couple I may be interested in
Old 31-07-2012, 13:02   #389
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazy View Post
i would say very few movie subscribers would pay for pb esp since we got sky anytime
Totally agree. Wouldn't expect many to pay £5.00 per month for old movies, especially now Lovefilm and Netflix are on the scene.

When Film4 launched, wasn't that £5.00 per month? I wonder if PictureBox are looking to measure demand in view of offering a free service, supported by advertising revenue rather than a monthly subscription cost. I'd be happy with a free movie on demand service if all I had to endure was a few adverts before and during each movie.
Old 31-07-2012, 13:03   #390
Media Boy UK
My post info may change

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
Totally agree. Wouldn't expect many to pay £5.00 per month for old movies, especially now Lovefilm and Netflix are on the scene.

When Film4 launched, wasn't that £5.00 per month? I wonder if PictureBox are looking to measure demand in view of offering a free service, supported by advertising revenue rather than a monthly subscription cost. I'd be happy with a free movie on demand service if all I had to endure was a few adverts before and during each movie.
£6.
Closed Thread