Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

Old 20-06-2010, 15:11   #361
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

Just got my Fathers' Day cards/gifts from my kids - bottle of single malt, a book, and True Blood 1st series DVD set.

<big grin>
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 20-06-2010, 16:19   #362
alferret
cf.mega poster

Services: There is no destination to life, the journey is everything!
alferret has a nice shiny star
alferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny star
Life is great

What more could a man ask for? Sitting in the back garden, enjoying this unseasonably superb weather, browsing the t'interweb with a glass of wine. Now how great is that
alferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2010, 16:58   #363
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
Re: Life is great

Quote:
Originally Posted by alferret View Post
What more could a man ask for? Sitting in the back garden, enjoying this unseasonably superb weather, browsing the t'interweb with a glass of wine. Now how great is that
I match your post and up the ante by the sound of my husband clanking pots and pans, and the delicious aromas from the food he is preparing drifting across the patio to where I am sat with a glass of wine as I potter around t'interweb.
Old 20-06-2010, 17:06   #364
Hiroki
Inactive

Services: SkyHD, Freesat & Virgin Media TV/BB
Hiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful one
Send a message via MSN to Hiroki

Woot I got a Hertha BSC away shirt signed by Arne Friedrich for fathers day

Also a really nice football card made by my son at his pre-school class

Great day so far
Hiroki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2010, 17:12   #365
Cobbydaler
cf.mega poster

Services: ClearFibre Internet, Vodafone mobile Google Pixel 4
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreak View Post
Now that is a happy thought and Im not just saying that obviously dont know you but all the best to you're Dad, cant be easy. Keep an eye on the home and make sure its a good one
Quote:
Originally Posted by gazfan View Post
After the death of her hubby my MIL is looking forward to moving near my SIL & we are hoping her quality of life will be helped by that - as I hope will be the case for your Dad
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaddy View Post
Good news for you and yours matey, hope it all works out.
Thanks all...
Cobbydaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2010, 17:32   #366
speedfreak
Inactive

Services: VM phone TV 50Mbps BB
speedfreak has a bronzed appealspeedfreak has a bronzed appeal
speedfreak has a bronzed appealspeedfreak has a bronzed appealspeedfreak has a bronzed appealspeedfreak has a bronzed appealspeedfreak has a bronzed appealspeedfreak has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by joglynne View Post
I match your post and up the ante by the sound of my husband clanking pots and pans, and the delicious aromas from the food he is preparing drifting across the patio to where I am sat with a glass of wine as I potter around t'interweb.
I match both of you and raise you on the fact we've had a great BBQ, played in the pool with my boy, had a drink but not too much so Im at that stage where life is rosy and not yet got to the point about ranting about the worlds problems, Ive caught the sun and Im getting a nice natural tan AND my internet hasnt seemed to be playing up anymore

The birds are singing, the butterflies are out, cats asleep under a tree, rabbit is sprawled out with what looks like a smile, even my fish look happy, even better my missus seems to be in a good mood which is odd possibly die to the fact Ive been doing a lot around the house today being off work. Now I have to put some pictures up in the kitchen but Im in that good a mood I just dont care!
speedfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2010, 19:13   #367
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

I rejoice that there is a Happy Thought Thread to share these happy experiences in
Old 20-06-2010, 19:16   #368
speedfreak
Inactive

speedfreak has a bronzed appealspeedfreak has a bronzed appealspeedfreak has a bronzed appealspeedfreak has a bronzed appealspeedfreak has a bronzed appealspeedfreak has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy J View Post
I rejoice that there is a Happy Thought Thread to share these happy experiences in
Indeed! But before you go with the flow and merge them, let us enjoy this sunny day and share how good its been
Old 20-06-2010, 19:32   #369
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

You can share with the rest of us here in the happy thoughts garden...
Old 20-06-2010, 21:04   #370
speedfreak
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy J View Post
You can share with the rest of us here in the happy thoughts garden...
You dont mess about Quick move of threads there but with reason I suppose. My happy thought is alf and jo are happy

My next happy thought is.......a morbid one but think on this...we are all still alive,have family around and to top it off will wake up tomorrow. I dont intend to sound odd but thats the way it is. Makes me cringe when I curse myself having a bad day at work when I think what other people must go through with being terminally ill etc. Puts things in to perspective I think I had a crap year once, mum and dad split up, grandparents died, I got heavily in to drink and the rest but somehow managed to keep a good job. Now Im as happy as can be and my little lad makes me smile everyday, the way I was he wouldnt have been born and my life would have been over, what a waste.

See you all tomorrow, with a bit of luck. Remember on your next shopping trip to tesco you could die like someone did in the morrisons near me, make the most of life, you only get one shot, sod the petty things I say

I went to a customers house not long ago, last time I went was 12 months ago. I was there fixing the boiler admiring his photoshop certificates in his office when she came in all upset saying how he had died in the night a month before, she woke up to find him dead. Awful. Worst thing is I remember the guy and he was really really nice, I was upset all day and that was only a few weeks ago, since then I laugh when people are moaning about ordinary stuff.

Sorry to be so glum in a happy thread but my point is, be happy!
Old 20-06-2010, 21:27   #371
CycoSymz
cf.mega poster

Services: Freeview HD
CycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appeal
CycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appeal

Just ordered my new gfx card - XFX Radeon HD5770 XXX edition :-)

I've got 2 GCSE's. 1 in Biology and 1 in Metalwork...If you want your cat welding then I'm your man.
CycoSymz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2010, 21:29   #372
speedfreak
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by CycoSymz View Post
oh ffs i pour my heart out and thats the reply?!

only joking, if i was into pc's im sure id be impressed
Old 20-06-2010, 22:40   #373
Graham M
-

Services: FreeSat+ Tivo V-Box VM 60MBit
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to Graham M Send a message via Yahoo to Graham M

Quote:
Originally Posted by CycoSymz View Post
That's the exact same one I've got in here it's really nice
Graham M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2010, 23:03   #374
gazfan

Services: Virgin XL

I went out & bought one of these WD media players, today

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Western-Digi...dp_ob_title_ce

I'm really pleased with it - talk about work straight out of the box - playback of x264 files on my HDMI 1080p monitor with sound courtesy of the optical link to my Logitech Z5500 speakers was faultless.

- then, even better, it passed the 'significant other' test plugged into the downstairs HD TV, she found it really easy to use.

I can now provide files on an USB stick for her to watch, rather than messing about converting them to DVD.
Old 23-06-2010, 15:59   #375
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

At Altitude, 29th floor of the Millbank Tower, sipping a nice glass of red and watching the England game - work, work, work, work, work......
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote