Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | WWE (no spoilers for 24 hours)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

WWE (no spoilers for 24 hours)

Old 25-02-2009, 21:22   #361
shadow771
Inactive

shadow771 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: WWE

has anyone seen this forum about WWE, http://community.eu.playstation.com/...nding&page=658
shadow771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 08-03-2009, 21:22   #362
KillswitchEdge
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media 50mb, XL TV, XL Phone
KillswitchEdge will become famous soon enoughKillswitchEdge will become famous soon enoughKillswitchEdge will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to KillswitchEdge

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwe View Post
cool glad he not back for good
Yeah, because heaven forbid they actually re-hire the one guy who's better than 99% of the roster in the ring combined...
KillswitchEdge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 08:23   #363
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

I wouldn't get that high on RVD, sure he can work but he's not the best.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 21:21   #364
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

WWE has come to terms on the release of ECW Superstar “The Boogeyman'' and SmackDown Superstar Ryan Braddock.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 15:18   #365
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

World Wrestling Entertainment has release Smackdown Superstar Kizarny.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2009, 11:23   #366
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

Former WWE star Andrew 'Test' Martin has been found dead in his apartment, he was 33.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 14-03-2009, 11:56   #367
KillswitchEdge
Inactive

KillswitchEdge will become famous soon enoughKillswitchEdge will become famous soon enoughKillswitchEdge will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ B View Post
Former WWE star Andrew 'Test' Martin has been found dead in his apartment, he was 33.
Good lord, I never saw that coming...

Gotta be something fishy there, I know he was a roid monkey, it was obvious, but this is still a huge shock, I was a big fan

RIP Test.
Old 14-03-2009, 12:03   #368
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

Actually it was widely reported that he wasn't on the gear. It's said the reason Vince brought him back a few years ago was after the Wellness Policy he was low on legitimate 'big guys' so people like Test, Chuck Polumbo and a few other large wrestlers were brought back in.

It could have been an 'Eddie' situation though, he had been clean for years but previous drug use weakened his system.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 14-03-2009, 12:22   #369
KillswitchEdge
Inactive

It's possible but I'm not so sure about that. Didn't TNA hire him and fire him pretty much the same month because he was roided out and the industry was still dealing with the fallout from the Benoit tragedy?

I vaguely remember the US Congress investigating WWE, TNA and a few other companies and I'm sure TNA released Martin due to his massive size and doubts that he was clean. I could be wrong though.
Old 14-03-2009, 12:57   #370
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillswitchEdge View Post
It's possible but I'm not so sure about that. Didn't TNA hire him and fire him pretty much the same month because he was roided out and the industry was still dealing with the fallout from the Benoit tragedy?
TNA hired him on a non-contract basis but decided they didn't have anything for him and let him go about a month later.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 14-03-2009, 13:17   #371
KillswitchEdge
Inactive

That was the politically correct version, according to rajah.com (a very good source of insider information - admittedly grabbed from other sites) the internal reason was that Dixie Carter and Jeff Jarrett didn't want TNA looking bad for having a guy built like Test on the roster.

He was obviously roided though, I mean he even got to the state where he was a bit chubby but still had a 6-pack, that's not normal, that's roid use through and through. To have a belly and still have a 6 pack is a really bad sign.
Old 14-03-2009, 13:41   #372
Niles Crane
Inactive

Niles Crane has reached the bronze age
Niles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillswitchEdge View Post
That was the politically correct version, according to rajah.com (a very good source of insider information - admittedly grabbed from other sites) the internal reason was that Dixie Carter and Jeff Jarrett didn't want TNA looking bad for having a guy built like Test on the roster.
Indeed.

Quote:
Source: Wade Keller of PWTorch.com

Andrew "Test" Martin is already gone from TNA Wrestling
. Martin was brought in last month and was immediately pushed into a top match at TNA's last PPV. The reason for his firing is his unreasonably muscular
physique. At a time when TNA is being investigated by the United States Congress, Martin stuck out like a sore thumb and management
was convinced he could not pass a drug test
. Test was told he could come back to the company when he loses considerable weight.

http://rajah.net/base/node/9066
Niles Crane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2009, 13:55   #373
KillswitchEdge
Inactive

Nice one mate, glad you posted that. I was beginning to lose faith in my memory :P
Old 14-03-2009, 14:53   #374
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

To be fair just because someone looked like they must be on the gear doesn't mean they are. One of the guys in our promotion gets that sort of accusation all the time but he's clean.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 14-03-2009, 23:13   #375
KillswitchEdge
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ B View Post
To be fair just because someone looked like they must be on the gear doesn't mean they are. One of the guys in our promotion gets that sort of accusation all the time but he's clean.

http://www.pwpix.net/pwpixnews/headlines/189224371.php

source: Pro Wrestling Torch

-- "The Punisher" Andrew Martin did a post on his MySpace page in which he defends the usage of steroids in professional wrestling. He says that they're mostly for cosmetic reasons and compares them to a facelift or botox. However, he says that it's wrong for athletes in other sports to use them because steroids give them a competitive edge. He also mentions TNA at the end of his post by saying, "Don't forget to watch TNA at 9pm eastern time on spike, you will be pleasantly surprised to see how far this company has grown and will continue to do so or you could always watch the same guys I watched when I was a kid doing the same boring story lines. TNA TNA TNA????" You can read the post in its entirety at profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=743 9092.

The myspace link just seems to go to his latest (and sadly last) myspace entry, but as you can see from that there, he advocated steroid use in pro wrestling and likened it to actors and actresses getting cosmetic surgery to secure movie roles.

He wasn't wrong either. It's a business where your appearance is just as important as your ability, and where the good looking guys with the obscenely ripped physiques get all the attention, which leads to better storylines, championships and fame, which all equals money like a normal company's promotion method.

Unfortunately for him it's entirely likely that he paid the ultimate price for his outlook, unless by some twist of fate it turns out that he didn't die from drug usage.

Stranger things have happened though, when I was at primary school one of my friends older brothers died of simple cot death at 21 years old. It's not out of the realm of possibility that Andrew Martin died of "natural" causes or another unrelated accident, but occam's razor usually states that the simplest and most obvious option is usually the correct one.

And it's such a damn shame, I loved the guy's in ring work even if many saw him as just a roided out freak. That running big boot of his was the most epic thing I've ever seen. It made Bradshaw's Clothesline from Hell look weak in comparison.

RIP mate.