Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

Old 13-05-2013, 23:39   #3721
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Re: Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blairhoyle View Post
which one is it?
It's Linlithgow.

Oh - and to add that the Core servers are not at Linlithgow but at South Gyle. All your reboot stuff comes from South Gyle although the Linlithgow UBR directly manages your SuperHub.

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 14-05-2013, 02:55   #3722
babis3g
Inactive

Services: >100Mb<TV M+,TiVo 1T,V HD >Phone M
babis3g is a splendid one to beholdbabis3g is a splendid one to beholdbabis3g is a splendid one to beholdbabis3g is a splendid one to beholdbabis3g is a splendid one to beholdbabis3g is a splendid one to beholdbabis3g is a splendid one to beholdbabis3g is a splendid one to beholdbabis3g is a splendid one to behold

SH 2 & DrayTek 2920n (100/10 package)

babis3g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2013, 10:00   #3723
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by babis3g View Post
SH 2 & DrayTek 2920n (100/10 package)

Snip
Any difference on the TBB graph compared to the SH1?
SnoopZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2013, 11:16   #3724
babis3g
Inactive

babis3g is a splendid one to beholdbabis3g is a splendid one to beholdbabis3g is a splendid one to beholdbabis3g is a splendid one to beholdbabis3g is a splendid one to beholdbabis3g is a splendid one to beholdbabis3g is a splendid one to beholdbabis3g is a splendid one to beholdbabis3g is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Any difference on the TBB graph compared to the SH1?
Yes at router mode the SH 2 has some long spikes from time to time for me but bear in mind was doing more test that dates so are few longer spikes from speedtests and manual downloads as well
[img]Download Failed (1)[/img]
Old 14-05-2013, 11:22   #3725
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Yes at router mode the SH 2 has some long spikes from time to time for me but bear in mind was doing more test that dates so some longer spikes are from speedtests and manual downloads
I was asking about SH1, My SH1 in router mode gave a better TBB than my SH2 in modem mode.
Old 14-05-2013, 11:27   #3726
babis3g
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
I was asking about SH1, My SH1 in router mode gave a better TBB than my SH2 in modem mode.
Yes same same here but for me at modem mode with SH 2 the spikes are more flat as you see with less yellow....
The yellow at modem mode will not be so think either

so is better for me at modem mode and my own router ... so in total i prefer the SH 2
Old 14-05-2013, 11:29   #3727
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Yes same same here but for me at modem mode with SH 2 the spikes are more flat as you see with less yellow....
The yellow at modem mode will not be so think either

so is better for me at modem mode and my own router ... so in total i prefer the SH 2
I hope they sort the SH2 out as i want to keep the SH2 but i have no need to use my own router.
Old 14-05-2013, 16:36   #3728
dfwood
Inactive

dfwood is just really nicedfwood is just really nicedfwood is just really nicedfwood is just really nicedfwood is just really nicedfwood is just really nice

If only Virgin could sort out the utilisation issues on my segment
dfwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2013, 18:17   #3729
ileikcaek
cf.addict

ileikcaek is an unknown quantity at this pointileikcaek is an unknown quantity at this pointileikcaek is an unknown quantity at this pointileikcaek is an unknown quantity at this point

I had a drop out yesterday at noon which lasted for around 5 minutes, The superhub was still showing as connected with all channels but I had no internet access when it come back online my ping was a couple of ms lower so maybe it was maintenance somewhere further down the line than a local issue.

today:

Last week I had my downstream power drop like a soyuz capsule from around 0 to -10 and lower after several weeks of micro drop outs, the SNR went to 30, this lasted for half an hour before they went back up to around 0 and a SNR at 41 - 42 which is perfect. Guess there have been a few issues here recently. I just wish they would fix the jittery minimum latency I am seeing. This is on two upstreams but I haven't seen many with such graphs as a result of upstream bonding, at least not as pronounced.
ileikcaek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2013, 13:55   #3730
horseman
cf.geek

horseman has reached the bronze age
horseman has reached the bronze agehorseman has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumping View Post
I guess that is short for South Gyle then

Shame got excited when I saw you where on 2 US too was hoping that meant Uddingston was getting close to be finished.
Looks like it's part of Linlithgow CMTS cluster.
horseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2013, 14:29   #3731
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Bit late on that one, Horse!

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/35...-post3721.html

Old 15-05-2013, 15:22   #3732
horseman
cf.geek

horseman has reached the bronze age
horseman has reached the bronze agehorseman has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
By at least 2 days at least! That's some cacheing lag I'm afflicted with!
horseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2013, 15:48   #3733
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Back to hospital, mate. Have them sewn back on!

Old 17-05-2013, 07:46   #3734
Martin_D
cf.geek

Services: YouFibre | Lebara Sim x 2| Plex
Martin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to behold

uddingston now on 8 Downstreams

Attachment 24540
Old 17-05-2013, 18:00   #3735
Jumping
Inactive

Jumping is a glorious beacon of lightJumping is a glorious beacon of lightJumping is a glorious beacon of lightJumping is a glorious beacon of lightJumping is a glorious beacon of lightJumping is a glorious beacon of lightJumping is a glorious beacon of light

WUUT!? I'm still on 5 grrr, and looking at my graphs I seem to get STMed really easy and it proper kills my upload speed in the evening.
Jumping is offline   Reply With Quote