Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | BBC Red Button

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

BBC Red Button

Old 04-12-2012, 17:36   #346
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
Re: BBC Red Button

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
Looks as if Sky will be missing out on the new service:
It certainly appears that way , disappointing I suppose , I'm sure many on Sky have made use of the red button facility at some point , that said the BBC has that little sport these days can't say I use it apart from for F1 on rare occasions which could very well end up wholly on pay TV at the end of its current contract so not a biggie for me however I'm sure it will be for many Sky users.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 04-12-2012, 17:38   #347
ken1234
Inactive

Services: skyhd tv ondemnd and the fall pack on tv. bt Broadband - Unlimited BT Infinity 2 .
ken1234 has much to be proud ofken1234 has much to be proud ofken1234 has much to be proud ofken1234 has much to be proud ofken1234 has much to be proud ofken1234 has much to be proud ofken1234 has much to be proud ofken1234 has much to be proud ofken1234 has much to be proud ofken1234 has much to be proud of

i like it well done virgin
ken1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 17:39   #348
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
It certainly appears that way , disappointing I suppose , I'm sure many on Sky have made use of the red button facility at some point , that said the BBC has that little sport these days can't say I use it apart from for F1 on rare occasions which could very well end up wholly on pay TV at the end of its current contract.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technolog...n-service.html

Daniel Danker, the BBC’s general manager of on demand, could not say whether the Connected Red Button will be available to Sky subscribers, because BSkyB's is less "open" to outside content providers than Virgin Media.

WOW! Mr. Danker should read the comments posted on the Coming Soon thread. I don't think any Virgin customer would agree with that statement.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 19:14   #349
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
It certainly appears that way , disappointing I suppose , I'm sure many on Sky have made use of the red button facility at some point , that said the BBC has that little sport these days can't say I use it apart from for F1 on rare occasions which could very well end up wholly on pay TV at the end of its current contract so not a biggie for me however I'm sure it will be for many Sky users.
You should be ok M8 you have a connected TV
alwaysabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 22:01   #350
windy
Inactive

Services: XL TV/XL BB(60) /PHONE/ M..TIVO/FREEVIEW HD Samsung Galaxy s3
windy is a glorious beacon of lightwindy is a glorious beacon of lightwindy is a glorious beacon of lightwindy is a glorious beacon of lightwindy is a glorious beacon of lightwindy is a glorious beacon of lightwindy is a glorious beacon of light

Ive used it tonight to watch a prog and it is so much better then what we had a massive improvement.

Well done BBC and virgin.

Also more to come apparently.
windy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 16:37   #351
roger skillin
Inactive

Services: V+ XL,Broadband XXL, Phone with talk unlimited and extra TIVO box
roger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quads

What i'm now wanting to find out is when a program says some thing like 'Press the red button for alternative commentry' or 'Press the red button to take part in the program' will those features actually now be available to Tivo.
roger skillin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 19:07   #352
Pea-Pod
cf.addict

Pea-Pod is on a distinguished roadPea-Pod is on a distinguished road

Hallelujah, finally at last! I can now watch multi channel streams for sports like snooker, wimbledon. This was my only bugbear from going from V+HD box to Tivo so it's good to have it finally resolved on the Tivo now. Although I noticed it seems to be driven by internet as you get the spinning disc every now and again when it buffers, so that might be a problem when we have network issues.
Pea-Pod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 20:01   #353
oxfordmark
cf.addict

Services: Virgin Media M+:TV,VM 30mb:BB 1tb and 500gb Tivo, HTC One X
oxfordmark is an unknown quantity at this point

Just gone on to red button to carry on watching the snooker, is it me or does the PQ look strobey?
oxfordmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 20:07   #354
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxfordmark View Post
Just gone on to red button to carry on watching the snooker, is it me or does the PQ look strobey?
it uses the internet stream
Dave42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 20:08   #355
gadge
Inactive

Services: Sky+ Hd Multiroom,Unlimited Broadband,Unlimited Phone,WD Tv
gadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpack

Quote:
Yes it does.
gadge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 20:09   #356
oxfordmark
cf.addict

It only happens on certain camera angles, is it also stuttering?
Old 07-12-2012, 20:09   #357
gadge
Inactive

Services: Sky+ Hd Multiroom,Unlimited Broadband,Unlimited Phone,WD Tv
gadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpack

Quote:
It only happens on certain camera angles, is it also stuttering?
Yes.
gadge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 20:12   #358
oxfordmark
cf.addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadge View Post
Yes.
Not good, it's making my eyes go funny.
Old 07-12-2012, 21:44   #359
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pea-Pod View Post
Hallelujah, finally at last! I can now watch multi channel streams for sports like snooker, wimbledon. This was my only bugbear from going from V+HD box to Tivo so it's good to have it finally resolved on the Tivo now. Although I noticed it seems to be driven by internet as you get the spinning disc every now and again when it buffers, so that might be a problem when we have network issues.
Of course due to the older Red Button changes, TiVo can access to more live sport content that all the other platforms
Old 07-12-2012, 21:52   #360
oxfordmark
cf.addict

The stupid thing just quit bacl to BBC2!