Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Price rises this year.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Price rises this year.

Old 01-03-2023, 11:26   #346
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
Re: Price rises this year.

Just been looking at possible upgrades to my package. It says an extra 25p/month for 18 months for the same package, but with a new contract. Would that dodge the planned £15/month increase?
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 01-03-2023, 11:38   #347
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadking View Post
Just been looking at possible upgrades to my package. It says an extra 25p/month for 18 months for the same package, but with a new contract. Would that dodge the planned £15/month increase?
Probably, but be aware you're signing up for. An inked in inflation busting rise, with no cancellation rights next year. I got my package lower than it is now with that in mind.
Mr K is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2023, 11:55   #348
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Probably, but be aware you're signing up for. An inked in inflation busting rise, with no cancellation rights next year. I got my package lower than it is now with that in mind.
But I'd still be dodging this years increase, and if I don't have a new contract I would still have next years increase on top of this years.
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2023, 11:57   #349
Brunel
Chief Mechanical Engineer

Services: V.M. M. 125 November 6 2018. Finally connected.
Brunel is a jewel in the roughBrunel is a jewel in the roughBrunel is a jewel in the roughBrunel is a jewel in the roughBrunel is a jewel in the rough

Re. post #331

Have just Rx'd new contract, no price increase, and a reduction of £4:00/month.
Brunel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2023, 13:20   #350
Joedm45
cf.geek

Joedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of Quads

I must be missing something...

Everyone seems to be phoning retentions to haggle the increase but my e-mail clearly says the price increase won't effect me until after my current price offer ends (Which is July)

Are most out of contract? Just curious
Joedm45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2023, 13:22   #351
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze

Got a letter today saying I am exempt, so old royal mail beat electronic email.

Exact phrase in bold "this 2023 increase wont affect you until your price current offer ends".

Last edited by Chrysalis; 01-03-2023 at 13:31.
Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2023, 15:43   #352
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Received a letter today informing my bill will be increasing by £15, and I have up to 10th April 2023 to discuss it with them (change/cancel) without any cancellation fees.

I will ring them Friday morning to discuss options, armed with the info I can get the Sky streaming box, with Premium Netflix, UHD add-on, ad-skipping, and 78Mb (ish) BB for £59.50.

If we have to change, we won’t get the BB speed we have now (250Mb), and SWMBO won’t be able to record her property make-over/cookery/medical etc. reality shows, but we can live with that (well, the COD updates will take five times a long, but hey-ho).

I’ll update after the call…
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2023, 16:07   #353
GrimUpNorth
cf.mega poster

GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star
GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Received a letter today informing my bill will be increasing by £15, and I have up to 10th April 2023 to discuss it with them (change/cancel) without any cancellation fees.

I will ring them Friday morning to discuss options, armed with the info I can get the Sky streaming box, with Premium Netflix, UHD add-on, ad-skipping, and 78Mb (ish) BB for £59.50.

If we have to change, we won’t get the BB speed we have now (250Mb), and SWMBO won’t be able to record her property make-over/cookery/medical etc. reality shows, but we can live with that (well, the COD updates will take five times a long, but hey-ho).

I’ll update after the call…
We moved over to Sky a few years ago and yes we noticed the lower download speed for the first week or so and then it stopped being an issue. I can still download stuff quicker than I can watch it and streaming UHD on 2 TV's while general browsing isn't an issue so we're happy.

To be fair though, work wise I'd like a higher upload but when we left VM the top package was only 200Mb so we didn't loose anything on the upload but when a fibre package comes along we'll jump ship because I work with massive spreadsheets, databases and audio files so upload is a bottleneck.
GrimUpNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2023, 16:24   #354
Bob
cf.mega poster

Services: Sky Q and Hyperoptic
Bob has reached the bronze age
Bob has reached the bronze ageBob has reached the bronze ageBob has reached the bronze ageBob has reached the bronze age

My parents got this in their email...

Quote:
However, this 2023 price increase won't affect you until your current price offer ends. The full price of your package will then increase by £21.50 a month
So does that mean, when their offer ends (October time I think), it'll increase by £21.50 or another £21.50 on top of what it was going to go up to anyway?

The O2 part of the contract is seeing a £5 a month increase as well.
Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2023, 17:00   #355
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob View Post

So does that mean, when their offer ends (October time I think), it'll increase by £21.50 or another £21.50 on top of what it was going to go up to anyway?

I suspect it'll be £21.50 on top of the discount, you can easily work it out by looking at the normal price then adding on 14%
Gavin-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2023, 17:03   #356
nialli
cf.geek

Services: Sky Stream, Sky broadband
nialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob View Post

That mobile increase is ridiculous! I’m on Three and my increase in April is 79p (I now have unlimited everything for £16.79/m)
nialli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2023, 17:15   #357
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by nialli View Post
That mobile increase is ridiculous! I’m on Three and my increase in April is 79p (I now have unlimited everything for £16.79/m)
Not sure how they've worked that out. December CPI + 3.9% (which is what Three say they use) is 13.1% so you should have had an increase of £2.09
Old 01-03-2023, 17:34   #358
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Not sure how they've worked that out. December CPI + 3.9% (which is what Three say they use) is 13.1% so you should have had an increase of £2.09
Or stick with one that doesn't rise prices during your contact
Old 01-03-2023, 18:43   #359
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array

Rang retentions today to discuss what could be done re: the pending £15 price rise. I have a retentions deal for Talk Weekends Phone, Maxit TV (inc. BT Sports), 360 box and Volt Gig1 paying £75. The lady I spoke to (in the Philippines) gave me additional £15 discount straightaway so I now pay £60 for April and then £75 (again) for the rest of the contract. I said thank you!

What I did notice that when queuing for Retentions, I could hit "1" to get an automatic £7.50 discount for 6 months. Advice: ignore this and hold to speak to a human.

---------- Post added at 18:43 ---------- Previous post was at 18:42 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedm45 View Post
I must be missing something...

Everyone seems to be phoning retentions to haggle the increase but my e-mail clearly says the price increase won't effect me until after my current price offer ends (Which is July)

Are most out of contract? Just curious
My email, sent on 22 Feb, said:

Quote:
the price of your package will go up by £15.00 a month from 1st May 2023.
Old 01-03-2023, 19:01   #360
crossbow1956
cf.member

crossbow1956 is an unknown quantity at this point

Think before you jump ship to another ISP because all the ISP companies are going to increase there prices . my contract ends in July so i will ring them & haggle for a new deal but if i am not happy with what is on offer then it is time to consider moving on after 15+ years with virgin media .
crossbow1956 is offline   Reply With Quote