Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Snow !

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Snow !

Old 25-11-2005, 08:48   #331
homealone

Re: Snow in your area

it has stopped now, but we have had about an inch of snow, no major chaos, thank goodness
Advertisement
Old 25-11-2005, 08:51   #332
Nugget
Inactive

Services: Will provide gags for cash
Nugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered stars
Nugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by homealone
it has stopped now, but we have had about an inch of snow, no major chaos, thank goodness
Blimey, I obviously left at exactly the right time - there was a little bit of snow falling that started just as I left the house, but nothing was settling at quarter to seven. Scunthorpe's completely clear as well - although it's such a dump, the snow's probably diverting to Hull first

How was the bike ride this morning then
Nugget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2005, 08:54   #333
Derek
Inactive

Services: SkyHD and Broadband
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars

Its just started in Glasgow.

Nothing major yet just a light dusting so far.
Derek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2005, 08:57   #334
ikthius
Inactive

Services: anything for a new job
ikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronze
ikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronze

yip some snow in the clydebank area.

ik
ikthius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2005, 09:11   #335
Bifta
Inactive

Bifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny star
Bifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny star

No snow as such here, just hailstones all night and gale force winds that have lifted my gate off the hinges and over into next doors garden.
Bifta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2005, 09:13   #336
Salu
Inactive

Services: VM TV package. VM phone and 200MB internet & slow Tivo
Salu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronze
Salu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronze
Send a message via MSN to Salu

Swansea has evidently had quite a bit.....just waiting for Russ to confirm as I think he is not too far from there....
Salu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2005, 09:13   #337
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

A 3 or 4 inch layer on snow down here, loads of disruption on the roads in and around Port Talbot - will get a pic in a few minutes.

edit:

Apologies for the poor quality picture - my digicam batteries are flat so you'll have to make do with a shot from a crappy SE K700i.

Many roads in and out of Townhill (the highest point of Swansea) have been closed.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2005, 09:23   #338
homealone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugget
Blimey, I obviously left at exactly the right time - there was a little bit of snow falling that started just as I left the house, but nothing was settling at quarter to seven. Scunthorpe's completely clear as well - although it's such a dump, the snow's probably diverting to Hull first

How was the bike ride this morning then
I think it has affected the coast, more than inland (yet?), a colleague who drives in on the A46 said it was clear until getting nearer to work. I think we will get flurries most of the day, but it won't settle, now.

I was already going to wimp out of the bike ride due to the wind - the snow convinced me
Old 25-11-2005, 09:30   #339
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Well its been snowing here in Glasgow for the last 40mins
Old 25-11-2005, 09:32   #340
Scarlett
Inactive

Scarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful oneScarlett is the helpful one
Send a message via MSN to Scarlett

Well we have the frost on the ground and the big snow laden clouds i the sky but nothing yet...

I'm going to hang some washing out later though,
<cynic>
snow will start 2 mins later
</cynic>
Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2005, 09:40   #341
Halcyon
Hello !

Services: Sky, AppleTV, Netflix
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars

Absolutely Nothing this morning here in Leicestershire.
Its freezing cold, but no snow. Hopefully at the weekend.

Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2005, 11:06   #342
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

well its stopped and been replaced by a spot of rain, which has also now stopped
Old 25-11-2005, 20:44   #343
Tuftus

Clear skies and cold in Rushden Northamptonshire...

Bugger.
Old 25-11-2005, 23:52   #344
Halcyon
Hello !

Services: Sky, AppleTV, Netflix
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars

Light rain on this cold night. Its about 1 degree Celcius right now and flickering between -1, 0, and 1, so I'm hoping at some point this rain turns to snow.
It would make my birthday morning briliant if I woke up to snow in the garden.

Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2005, 00:02   #345
budwieser
cf.mega poster

budwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny star
budwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny star

My wife was hoping for about 8"`s tonight but i don`t think she`ll get it!

And we had some snow earlier as well.
budwieser is offline   Reply With Quote