Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | [Merged] Football talk

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

[Merged] Football talk
Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2005, 16:30   #3406
BBKing
R.I.P.

Services: 20Mb VM CM, Virgin TV
BBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny star
BBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny star
Send a message via ICQ to BBKing
Re: [Merged] Football talk

Against a man who changed his nationality for tax reasons, divorced his wife of many years to marry a woman half his age and promoted his sons to positions of power on the back of being, er, his sons. Unprincipled pair, on the whole.

Was it you who wrote into Radio 5 mentioning the TV deal theory? It just got broadcast.
Advertisement
Old 12-05-2005, 16:32   #3407
gazzae
Inactive

gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze
gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze

Nope wasn't me.
Old 12-05-2005, 17:48   #3408
yesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKing
This should be fun to watch.
Nah. You were correct the first time.

Quote:
Sic transit gloria mundi
But on a lighter note

FA charge Ferguson

SIR Alex Ferguson has been charged with improper conduct by the Football Association.

The governing body claim the Manchester United manager is in breach of FA rule E3 and he has until May 26 to respond.

The charge relates to Ferguson's comments following the match against Newcastle on April 24.

Old 12-05-2005, 21:59   #3409
Marge
Inactive

Marge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny stars
Marge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny stars

http://www.shareholdersunited.org/

Why can't I get on this site grrrrrrrrr
Old 12-05-2005, 22:06   #3410
sherer
Inactive

sherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of society

looks like a pob with the site..

bad news all round for United fans tonight.. I blame Edwards for putting us on the stock market in the first place
Old 12-05-2005, 22:08   #3411
nffc
cf.mega poster

Services: Freeview, Sky+, 100 Mb/s VM BB, mega i7 PC, iPhone 13, Macbook Air
nffc has a nice shiny star
nffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marge

Because your dns is trying to tell you something.

i.e... this... is... good... news...

whatever happened to www.ihatemanunited.com?

Old 12-05-2005, 22:19   #3412
Charlie_Bubble
Inactive

Charlie_Bubble has reached the bronze age
Charlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marge

Maybe some rich american bought it and sold the server!
Old 12-05-2005, 22:22   #3413
Marge
Inactive

Marge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny stars
Marge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by nffc
Because your dns is trying to tell you something.

i.e... this... is... good... news...

whatever happened to www.ihatemanunited.com?
No, this is not good news and lets hope this doesn't have a knock on effect on other clubs hey

and for your information I am a football fan at heart and would be looking at www.shareholdersarsenal.org or www.shareholdersnewcastle.org to try and stop genuine fans being ripped off. Look through my posts and see where I've slagged other clubs off (apart from the Gooners which is light hearted leg pulling). This is a time when all football fans should be trying to stop businessmen, who have absolutely no interest in the club, players or fans, lining their own pockets, seeing the £ÃÆ ’‚£Ãà¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚£Ãƒââ‚ ¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚£Ãƒâ€š £ signs and thinking a football club is just about profit.

If he gets control then I shall definately not go to another match at Old Trafford or buy any merchandise, I'll still support my club but with as little cost as possible.
Old 12-05-2005, 22:48   #3414
nffc
cf.mega poster

nffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny star

Bleh... if you lot don't want him, send him to forest. he's rich.

Old 12-05-2005, 23:43   #3415
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Services: 2 TV 360 boxes. 500mb BB, Phone line.
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star

Quote:
No, Abramovich or Bill Gates is rich, Glazer is funding most of his purchase with borrowed money.
Old 12-05-2005, 23:48   #3416
nffc
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by iadom
Quote:
No, Abramovich or Bill Gates is rich, Glazer is funding most of his purchase with borrowed money.
Better than Doughty though, all he seems to do is asset-strip anything decent we have and replace it with cutprice crap.

And in any case, Glazer's still a billionaire.

Old 13-05-2005, 00:04   #3417
BBKing
R.I.P.

Services: 20Mb VM CM, Virgin TV
BBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny star
BBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny star
Send a message via ICQ to BBKing

He's rich by lower division standards, but that's not exactly hard. He's good at playing the money markets, where the money is mostly vapour and promises. Not in the Abramovich or Gates class at all.

Still, he's probably better than Irving Scholar, eh? [waits for tirade]
Old 13-05-2005, 00:16   #3418
nffc
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKing
He's rich by lower division standards, but that's not exactly hard. He's good at playing the money markets, where the money is mostly vapour and promises. Not in the Abramovich or Gates class at all.

Still, he's probably better than Irving Scholar, eh? [waits for tirade]
Here comes the tirade... except most of it will get censored
Irving Scholar is a synonym for the following:

*sheepshagger

*money grabber

*club destroyer

*asset stripper

*corrupt

*idiot

*plonker

*****face

*ugly****er
(allegedly)
I will never forgive that guy.

Old 13-05-2005, 08:07   #3419
yesman

Interesting but not ideal

"Ferguson will be offered a long-term contract as part of a five-year plan," Harris told BBC Radio Five Live.

"In that plan, he will be given £100m for new players."

Link

This is the not ideal bit...................

"He needs 75% of the club's shares in order for him to use the assets of Manchester United to underpin his debt. The debt is his at the moment but once he has 75%, the debt is the club's.

"I have spoken to the bankers who represent Glazer and they say will get to 75% on Friday. He is pretty much home and dry."

Link

Old 13-05-2005, 19:26   #3420
yesman

http://www.punchaceleb.com/hit/glazer/

It was all I could find

Closed Thread