Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Football Season 2010/2011

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Football Season 2010/2011

Old 12-09-2010, 08:26   #301
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
Re: Football Season 2010/2011

I agree with west ham going down, but not so much present ownership. but past. I think the debts are £100m. Wigan as well for going down..after that I'm not sure. But I could see a surprise, eg newcastle getting a bad run of results, or one of the others. Once you lose touch, very hard to get back.
colin25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 13-09-2010, 19:02   #302
Niles Crane
Inactive

Niles Crane has reached the bronze age
Niles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze age

Interesting fact about Arsenal's Champions League opponents on Wednesday, Sporting Braga:

Quote:
Braga, who owe their Sporting Club tag to the better known Sporting Clube de Portugal, after whom they were named, have been known as Arsenal do Minho and changed their kits from green-and-white hoops to their Arsenal-style red in 1920 when their then-coach Jozef Szabo, following a trip to England and Highbury, ordered the club to adopt new colours to establish their own identity (Braga even renamed their youth team Arsenal do Braga). The emblem of Sporting de Braga is the city of Braga's shield with Mother Mary and baby Jesus. On the top of the emblem is the golden Mural Crown of Braga, with the name Sporting Clube de Braga on it. Many fans of Braga have said that Mother Mary gives them luck. The fans of Braga are known as Arsenalistas due to their teams uniforms that resemble that of English club Arsenal. They are also known as Bracarenses because of the Bracara Augustus region of Portugal that is now known as Braga.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sporting_Braga
Niles Crane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2010, 19:12   #303
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Cool, going to that game. Hopefully be a good spirit amongst both sets of fans.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2010, 13:11   #304
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Sensible Chairman: http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...-league-future (Gold and Sullivan take note)

Quote:
The chairman [Levy] has, however, moved to quell expectations and called for fans to be "realistic" about the prospects of the club remaining at football's top table in the long term, claiming only Manchester United and Chelsea are assured of a place in the league's top four every season.

Levy also said the Champions League is "not a gold mine" and pointed out that the £15m Spurs will make from competing in the group stages is merely the equivalent of a transfer fee for one player.
He is correct about it not being a gold mine, people come out with stupid statements about how much is made from Champions League football. He is also right to point out the difficulty of qualification and right not to spend as if top 4 will happen every year.
Old 14-09-2010, 21:54   #305
yesman

One word, Abysmal
Old 14-09-2010, 22:11   #306
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Hope Valencia isn't too bad..
Old 14-09-2010, 22:33   #307
yesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
Hope Valencia isn't too bad..
Me too, the poor sod.

Regarding my previous post..........

Why is it that Ferguson feels the need to pick these 3rd rate teams for a European game, If he feels the need to experiment, do it in the Carling Cup.

If I were Walter Smith I would be annoyed at the sheer contempt Fergie holds about the opposition, and as for the 75,000 attendance, I think I would want my money back.
Old 14-09-2010, 22:35   #308
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesman View Post
Me too, the poor sod.

Regarding my previous post..........

Why is it that Ferguson feels the need to pick these 3rd rate teams for a European game, If he feels the need to experiment, do it in the Carling Cup.

If I were Walter Smith I would be annoyed at the sheer contempt Fergie holds about the opposition, and as for the 75,000 attendance, I think I would want my money back.
That is weird. Champions League games should never be taken for granted. These are teams that are used to winning and have set themselves out in a way that benefits them in their leagues. The top teams often have the measure of them but underestimating any of them can backfire.
Old 14-09-2010, 22:58   #309
wwe
cf.mega poster

Services: Telewest Phone Telewest BroadBand Telewest Digital Tv v+ HD
wwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpack

i really thought man u would had won today.
wwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2010, 06:30   #310
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwe View Post
i really thought man u would had won today.
I thought you supported Liverpool.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2010, 19:11   #311
wwe
cf.mega poster

wwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masque View Post
I thought you supported Liverpool.
i do but man u are a better team then rangers. dont worry we will show rangers how to beat man u when we beat them
Old 15-09-2010, 21:21   #312
yesman

I see that Arsenal and Chelsea are doing what Man Utd failed to do yesterday, and that's win
Old 15-09-2010, 21:26   #313
wwe
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesman View Post
I see that Arsenal and Chelsea are doing what Man Utd failed to do yesterday, and that's win
they sure are winning big
Old 16-09-2010, 05:26   #314
broadbandking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media V6 XL TV - 1Gb Broadband
broadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze array
broadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwe View Post
i do but man u are a better team then rangers. dont worry we will show rangers how to beat man u when we beat them
You can't even beat Birmingham.
Old 16-09-2010, 08:45   #315
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadbandking View Post
You can't even beat Birmingham.
Birmingham away is not an easy game and Liverpool have had one of the toughest opening fixture lists I have seen. Arsenal, Man City away, Birmingham away and United is not something I envy them. United and Arsenal have had tricking opening games as well, but not that bad.