Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Missing Titanic Sub

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Missing Titanic Sub

Old 22-06-2023, 19:16   #16
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Missing Titanic Sub

Every bit of junk and bang in the North Atlantic will be getting looked at now.
jfman is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 22-06-2023, 20:58   #17
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

Quote:
LIVE UPDATES
Titanic submersible suffered ‘catastrophic loss’ of pressure, killing all aboard, Coast Guard says

The Titanic submersible that’s been missing for days suffered a catastrophic loss of pressure that imploded the vessel, killing all five passengers onboard, the Coast Guard said Thursday.

Coast Guard Rear Adm. John Mauger said a remotely operated vehicle (ROV) had discovered a portion of the Titan roughly 1,600 feet from the bow of the Titanic wreck on the sea floor.
snip
https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...-titan-update/
Old 22-06-2023, 23:10   #18
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (900 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Yep, on the BBC site as well.

Quote:
All five people on Titan sub dead after 'catastrophic implosion'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/worl...anada-65967464

Quote:
The US Navy detected “an acoustic anomaly consistent with an implosion” shortly after the Titan lost contact with the surface, an official has told CBS News, the BBC's US partner.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2023, 23:26   #19
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Looks like they died a couple of day ago when contact was first lost. Comforting, hopefully, that it appeared to be instantaneous and not suffocation.
Old 23-06-2023, 10:16   #20
Halcyon
Hello !

Services: Sky, AppleTV, Netflix
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars

Some sources are saying that they heard signs of an implosion straight after communications were lost. So sort of knew the fate of the sub from the very beginning.

I guess it is a better way to go than sitting there waiting for the oxygen to run out.

I hope they can rest in peace and my thoughts go out to their families.

Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2023, 11:25   #21
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
Some sources are saying that they heard signs of an implosion straight after communications were lost. So sort of knew the fate of the sub from the very beginning.
I read a post on Reddit a couple of days ago - before the debris was found - that said because of the time it lost communication it would be highly likely to have imploded as it would be around the time it reached the requisite depth for that to occur.

They mentioned both the sub and the parent ship would have had telemetry that monitors such things and the fact there was no communication publically about this data until the point they lost contact - that they didn't say the hull seemed fine - was a clue.

It looks like this was the assumption of every expert in deep-sea exploration as well. The timing of the loss of contact seems to have tipped them all off that this thing was already gone but so long as they were only 99% sure the rescue operation would continue until they reached that extra 1% certainity.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2023, 18:26   #22
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

At least they would not have suffered as death would have been instantaneous.
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2023, 19:22   #23
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
At least they would not have suffered as death would have been instantaneous.
I think I prefer running out of O2, you would just fall asleep

STAY AT HOME: I found out that mum will never walk again as the coronavirus attacked her nervous system. She died on September 30th.
Hom3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2023, 19:37   #24
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
I think it's the knowing for however many hours that it's going to happen that's the hard part.
Old 23-06-2023, 19:39   #25
daveeb
cf.mega poster

daveeb has reached the bronze age
daveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
I think the high CO2 scenario is preferable and would probably have happened first although I wouldn't wish any of the choices on anyone.
daveeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2023, 21:06   #26
idi banashapan
step on my trip

idi banashapan has a nice shiny star
idi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
I'm afraid they'll only be recovering bodies.
Nope. There will be no bodies to recover.
Old 23-06-2023, 21:44   #27
jfman
Architect of Ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by idi banashapan View Post
Nope. There will be no bodies to recover.
In fairness to Pierre, that was post 7 and we know much more now than we did then.
Old 23-06-2023, 21:46   #28
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Bluntly: implosion in 1 millisecond results in all five of them being reduced to human jelly. Mercifully the human brain would require at least another 25 milliseconds for them to have been aware of it in any way at all. Genuinely instantaneous. Immediately after that, the sudden and extreme compression of the sub’s atmosphere results in ignition and explosion, cremating the human remains along with the Xbox controller and anything else flammable on board.

They will in time recover the metal parts of the sub from the sea bed, I’m sure. But they will not be bringing back any trace of the five men on board.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2023, 22:19   #29
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Sad, but the migrants off that drowned off the coast of the Canary Islands on Wednesday , will have had a worse death. Sod all coverage of that, as they weren't billionaires. Just desperate poor people.
Mr K is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2023, 22:28   #30
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Sad, but the migrants off that drowned off the coast of the Canary Islands on Wednesday , will have had a worse death. Sod all coverage of that, as they weren't billionaires. Just desperate poor people.
Sanctimonious crap.

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote