Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The traditional CF voting intentions thread, week 4

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The traditional CF voting intentions thread, week 4
View Poll Results: If the election were held today, who would you vote for?
Labour 23 57.50%
Conservative 2 5.00%
Lib Dem 3 7.50%
Plaid Cymru OR SNP 0 0%
Reform UK 6 15.00%
Green 0 0%
NI - Unionist 0 0%
NI - Nationalist 0 0%
Other vote 4 10.00%
Will not vote 2 5.00%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 13-06-2024, 22:14   #16
daveeb
cf.mega poster

daveeb has reached the bronze age
daveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze age
Re: The traditional CF voting intentions thread, week 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
Didn't know we in Wales were voting on the Senedd, 14 years of labour misrule just be careful what you wish for
I'm wishing foremost for the Tories to be consigned to the history books. Anything else will be a bonus.
Advertisement
Old 13-06-2024, 22:17   #17
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmistoffelees View Post
A certain David Cameron I believe held a similar position to yours a few years ago, and look where that ended
I accept the point but electing your own MP against a range of choices available, about who governs you day to day, is different from a binary referendum.
Old 13-06-2024, 22:48   #18
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

So who is the 1 person who clicked Conservative? Put your hand up now....
Old 13-06-2024, 23:44   #19
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (900 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42 View Post
3 weeks to go to the end of the worst ever government
Strictly speaking, it ended at the end of May when parliament was disolved. There are no MPs at this time.

Baby, I was born this way.
Old 13-06-2024, 23:56   #20
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Strictly speaking, it ended at the end of May when parliament was disolved. There are no MPs at this time.
The Government and Ministers stay in place (and working) until the Election.

https://www.parliament.uk/about/how/...l/dissolution/

Quote:
What happens to the Government when Parliament is dissolved?

Parliament and Government are two separate institutions.

The Government does not resign when Parliament is dissolved. Government ministers remain in charge of their departments. The role of minister is independent of the role of MP.

Ministers keep their ministerial titles after dissolution, but MPs can no longer use MP in their name.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 14-06-2024, 01:05   #21
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (900 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Thank you mr smarty, again.

Dave was clearly referring to the Conservatives, and they have already gone, as have all MPs.

Old 14-06-2024, 10:52   #22
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Still up in the air for me.

Do I give Reform a free hit, but they're not a serious alternative. Even if they realise what they're polling at, will still only return one, maybe three at the very best, MP's.

The Tories are going to take a massive kicking anyway, Sunak will resign anyway. Do I vote for them, My MP may still win their seat. Either way, the Tories will have to spend the next five years re-finding their identity, hopefully maybe even a right wing Tory party may emerge from the wreckage.

They'll need to get their act together quick because Labour could well be there for the taking in five years. New Labour 2.0 they are not.
Old 14-06-2024, 12:58   #23
Escapee
cf.mega poster

Escapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze array
Escapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
Didn't know we in Wales were voting on the Senedd, 14 years of labour misrule just be careful what you wish for
24 years of Labour misrule, because even though they have done a deal with the Lib Dems and Plaid, they have always had the most seats.

They just let the Lib Dems and Plaid have some of their loony policies implemented as a sweetener for the deal. Plaid as always are untrustworthy, once they get their demands implemented they look for the first opportunity to break the agreement.
Old 14-06-2024, 13:23   #24
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
The Tories are going to take a massive kicking anyway, Sunak will resign anyway. Do I vote for them, My MP may still win their seat. Either way, the Tories will have to spend the next five years re-finding their identity, hopefully maybe even a right wing Tory party may emerge from the wreckage..
I think the problem is less their identity and more their competence. If you look at what people care about it's not the party isn't right-wing enough, it's that their cost of living is up, their mortgage is up, NHS waiting lists are up and they can't find a dentist.
Old 14-06-2024, 13:29   #25
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

I actually agree with Pierre that the Conservatives do need to rediscover an identity. As well as incompetence, there’s generally populist BS that has been a staple of the Johnson and post Johnson governments.

What principles does a Conservative Party stand for? In the last 5 years I’m not so sure. Other than plundering the state’s wealth with their cronyism.
Old 14-06-2024, 13:54   #26
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
and they can't find a dentist.
Dentists are easy to find ..... they're just all private now.

Old 14-06-2024, 15:11   #27
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Dentists are easy to find ..... they're just all private now.
Thankfully l have had the same dentist on the NHS for 22 years but sadly several of my familly who live up in Hampshire cannot get a dentist for love and money.
Old 14-06-2024, 15:55   #28
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Thankfully l have had the same dentist on the NHS for 22 years but sadly several of my familly who live up in Hampshire cannot get a dentist for love and money.
I've had the same dentist for 33 years, but they dropped NHS work at the end of 2023. Its now private only.

Old 14-06-2024, 16:27   #29
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
So who is the 1 person who clicked Conservative? Put your hand up now....

Me always me, I will never vote for KS party, and any vote other than Tory puts him in to no 10.

STAY AT HOME: I found out that mum will never walk again as the coronavirus attacked her nervous system. She died on September 30th.
Old 14-06-2024, 18:05   #30
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
Me always me, I will never vote for KS party, and any vote other than Tory puts him in to no 10.
Depends which constituency you're in. If you vote for a 3rd placed party you could help the party you least want. Cracking system isn't it?
Closed Thread