Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | General TiVo Discussion Part 2

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

General TiVo Discussion Part 2
Closed Thread

Old 28-04-2011, 15:23   #2956
busboy125
Loving VM at the moment!

Services: VIP 350mb
busboy125 has a spectacular aura about thembusboy125 has a spectacular aura about thembusboy125 has a spectacular aura about thembusboy125 has a spectacular aura about them
Re: General TiVo Discussion Part 2

Had my TiVo installed about 1/2 hour ago. Really good engineer, had installed 3 boxes today. He knew what he was doing and was confident with the box and showing me the functions! Also said to me that I was having my box relocated. This was news to me!! On his PDA it was a straight swap, after contacting VM was told V+ was being relocated for no charge!! Bonus.

Also told me that if box wasnt being relocated it would come up with error on PDA half way through TiVo install. V+ box works perfect.

The engineer was great, credit to VM.
Old 28-04-2011, 16:14   #2957
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

How many days ahead does the tivo tv guide show.
Old 28-04-2011, 16:16   #2958
ferritt
Inactive

ferritt is an unknown quantity at this point

Waiting for the area manager of Leicester to ring now. Apparently theres a problem with the tivo box and services??????
Old 28-04-2011, 16:22   #2959
ahardie

Services: XL tv/L internet, Tivo(1Tb.), SA V+.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferritt View Post
Waiting for the area manager of Leicester to ring now. Apparently theres a problem with the tivo box and services??????
There is a thread in the VM community forum about a problem in Leicester. There is no excuse for not letting you know though. Ask to be compensated.

Old 28-04-2011, 16:32   #2960
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
It should be 14, but i'm currently getting 8 --- after that.programmes are 'to be announced'.
Old 28-04-2011, 16:35   #2961
Sarg92
Inactive

Sarg92 is an unknown quantity at this point

I got a call from Virgin yesterday offering me the free multiroom (my TiVo install is next Wednesday).

Now, I have read that some customers have been contacted by Virgin that their broadband is going to be upgraded from 10Mb to 20Mb for free because of TiVo. Is this true? And if it is then would Virgin call me about it or will I have to contact them?
Old 28-04-2011, 16:36   #2962
ferritt
Inactive

ferritt is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahardie View Post
There is a thread in the VM community forum about a problem in Leicester. There is no excuse for not letting you know though. Ask to be compensated.
Yeah prob with the headend in Leicester. After some update or something it wasnt set to allow Tivo services. Just had a call from the engineer I think and assured me that I will have in installed first thing tomorrow morning. So just 24 hrs late. Not the engineers fault but CS were terrible was told earlier on that the whole tivo service in UK had gone down!!!! Comes as no surprise that it wasnt a UK call centre that said that

anyway roll on tomorrow morning I hope
Old 28-04-2011, 16:37   #2963
fixerman
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media 200mb Superhub 2, Two Tivo V6 1tb, one "Old" Tivo 1tb, home phone, Humax Freesat PVR.
fixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud of

Quote:
Depends! It can be as much as 14 or as little as 10 depending on the channel.
Old 28-04-2011, 16:37   #2964
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Angry Re: General TiVo Discussion Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
It should be 14, but i'm currently getting 8 --- after that.programmes are 'to be announced'.
Yes thats what l am getting is their any reason for this passingbat.
Old 28-04-2011, 16:43   #2965
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixerman View Post
BBC, ITV, Channel4 and Channel 5 only release up to 10 days worth of guide, most other channels should have 14 days.
Old 28-04-2011, 16:43   #2966
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixerman View Post
Could it be that the tivo has still not downloaded everything since installation.
Old 28-04-2011, 16:44   #2967
Johnlouis
Inactive

Services: TiVo-XL TV; XL30 BB; M Phone; Virgin Mobile
Johnlouis is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Me too. Goes as far as 6am on Sat 7th May. But my TiVo was only installed yesterday morning so I expected the box to take a while to update. But you have had yours for a few weeks, haven't you?
Old 28-04-2011, 16:44   #2968
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic View Post
BBC, ITV, Channel4 and Channel 5 only release up to 10 days worth of guide, most other channels should have 14 days.
Trust the great man to help us out again, what would we do without him.
Old 28-04-2011, 16:45   #2969
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Don't know. My last connect to VM by Tivo was 2AM today. Maybe they don't have a full 2 week guide available?
Old 28-04-2011, 16:45   #2970
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnlouis View Post
Me too. Goes as far as 6am on Sat 7th May. But my TiVo was only installed yesterday morning so I expected the box to take a while to update. But you have had yours for a few weeks, haven't you?
Since the 20th of April.
Closed Thread