Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Apple iPad Thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > General IT Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The Apple iPad Thread

Old 14-04-2011, 00:08   #271
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Re: The Apple iPad Thread

I got mine delivered today. Sold my iPad 1 on the 2nd so been without it for a couple of weeks.

Ordered a 16gb White 3G through Three as I was already paying for mobile bb with them. Was meant to get it last week but kept getting told it was out of stock, so didn't actully know it was getting delivered today.

It's instantly noticeable that it's faster and a couple of games have updates to make use of the extra graphical power.

I went for a green smart cover although am not sure about leaving the rear unprotected. May eventually pick up a full case.
Old 14-04-2011, 00:14   #272
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Nice

Any noticeable backlight bleed on yours?

I'll probably get a Smart Cover, & then get a shell for the back once someone brings one out which isn't a rip off (I saw one "Smart Cover compatible" back cover for £30!). Some of the folio cases look very nice, but I think they add too much bulk.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2011, 00:40   #273
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

I've not noticed any yet but not had a proper play around.

Asphalt 6 and Infinity Blade both have iPad 2 updates and do look amazing.
Old 15-04-2011, 19:27   #274
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

I'll probably get Infinity Blade. Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP is meant to be excellent too.

------------

Well, my iPad 2 has made its way from China > Hong Kong > Dubai, and is currently on its way to Cologne in Germany. According to UPS it will allegedly be with me by the end of Monday

I'm going to get a Smart Cover at the weekend, and have also pre-ordered a Marware shell to protect the back (cheaper than the Xgear "Smart Cover Enhancer"). I've also got a Belkin neoprene iPad sleeve winging its way to me too (around a tenner at Amazon), to shove the whole thing in when travelling, so it has more protection in my bag (rather than shelling out for a record bag / shoulder bag / satchel thing purely for the iPad).

---------- Post added at 19:27 ---------- Previous post was at 19:26 ----------

Oh, & I accidentally found out that iOS4's Mail app recognises UPS tracking numbers!

[And apparently also FedEx]

I knew it recognised phone numbers, dates, addresses, etc. within emails, but didn't expect tracking numbers.

I had emailed myself the UPS number so I could paste it into the UPS website whenever I wanted to check the progress, but when I tapped on the tracking number within the email (wanting to Copy it), a button came up at the bottom with the option to "Track Shipment". Clicking on it takes you straight to the UPS tracking web page & auto-tracks the number for you. Apparently it also works if you have a tracking number within a Note too.
Old 18-04-2011, 20:35   #275
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

It arrived today

Syncing it now...
Old 18-04-2011, 21:48   #276
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

<jealous mode>
You lucky, lucky ........
</jealous mode>
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2011, 22:07   #277
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Do you know when you're getting your one yet Hugh?
Old 18-04-2011, 22:14   #278
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Been told the delivery date is the 24th of April.
Old 18-04-2011, 23:50   #279
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Soon then
Old 19-04-2011, 19:35   #280
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tried tethering my iPad 2 to my iPhone earlier... worked very well Far better than paying another £100 for the 3G version, and then having to pay mobile broadband charges on top of that.
Old 19-04-2011, 19:38   #281
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Yup, I tried that with my loaner last month (HTC Desire and iPad) - worked a treat, so I decided due to that just to get the WiFi version.
Old 28-04-2011, 17:58   #282
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

My iPad2 has arrived - time to fiddle (sorry, investigate and enhance)...
Old 28-04-2011, 18:20   #283
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Have fun!
Old 28-04-2011, 19:13   #284
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

I may have to buy Air Play, as VLC is no longer available.
Old 28-04-2011, 19:21   #285
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

CineXPlayer will play Xvids etc., & costs £1.79 on the App Store. I've not used it myself, as I managed to grab VLC before it was pulled.

I use a combination of things for video:

iTunes-friendly videos:

1) Sync on to the iPad with iTunes, and play with the Videos app.

2) Stream to the iPad using iTunes Home Sharing.

iTunes-unfriendly videos:

1) Sync on to the iPad with iTunes, and play with VLC.

2) Stream to the iPad using Air Video.