Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Formula 1 2010 Season [may contain real time spoilers]

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Formula 1 2010 Season [may contain real time spoilers]

Old 22-01-2010, 09:49   #271
sherer
Inactive

sherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of society
Re: Formula 1 2010 Season [may contain real time spoilers]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
To be far to MS he had admitted that he regrets the way he won some of his titles by driving into the oppossion
Well seeing as he only won one title by driving into someone in 94, i've yet to see a quote from him where he has admitted that. Care to share some links to these quotes ?

He also drove Alonso onto the grass at 200 mph on the run down to Stowe, as well as parking his car in Monaco.

Actually I just remembered another title he won by cheating. Back in German F3 he had a crash and drove his car that wasn't race worthy back onto the track in order to get the race red flagged and hand him the title
sherer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 22-01-2010, 11:04   #272
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Virgin Racing website if you haven't seen it yet

http://www.virginracing.com/

No mention of Manor anymore, it's totally a Virgin team. So at least that's one of the new boys guaranteed to be on the Grid at the start.

Can't wait to hear Martin Brundle "and there's Glock going hard in the Virgin.........."

Here's the lotus site http://www.lotusf1racing.my

They're malaysian backed (who owns Lotus now is it still Kia?) and with Mike Gascoyne on board looks like they'll definately be on the grid too.

US F1 team here: http://www.usgpe.com/

I'm not yet convinced they'll be there
Old 22-01-2010, 11:29   #273
G UK
cf.addict

Services: TIVO, XL TV, XL BB, M Phone
G UK has a fine set of QuadsG UK has a fine set of QuadsG UK has a fine set of QuadsG UK has a fine set of QuadsG UK has a fine set of QuadsG UK has a fine set of QuadsG UK has a fine set of QuadsG UK has a fine set of QuadsG UK has a fine set of QuadsG UK has a fine set of QuadsG UK has a fine set of QuadsG UK has a fine set of QuadsG UK has a fine set of QuadsG UK has a fine set of Quads

Lotus are owned by Proton not Kia, although they did sell Kia the License to make some Elans when Lotus finished production.

This diagram is a little old but still very interesting for seeing all the interrelationships between all the manufacturers.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg medium_2364177540_0e30819365_o.jpg (258.3 KB, 17 views)
G UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2010, 11:47   #274
sherer
Inactive

sherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of society

isn't the Lotus name a bit confusing as I think the Proton owning Lotus just refers to the car maker and not the race team.

IIRC James Hunt's brother bought the naming rights to the F1 team although that was in the 90s and then nothing ever happened.

I could of course always be wrong here
Old 22-01-2010, 11:56   #275
G UK
cf.addict

Services: TIVO, XL TV, XL BB, M Phone
G UK has a fine set of QuadsG UK has a fine set of QuadsG UK has a fine set of QuadsG UK has a fine set of QuadsG UK has a fine set of QuadsG UK has a fine set of QuadsG UK has a fine set of QuadsG UK has a fine set of QuadsG UK has a fine set of QuadsG UK has a fine set of QuadsG UK has a fine set of QuadsG UK has a fine set of QuadsG UK has a fine set of QuadsG UK has a fine set of Quads

Yes this is "Lotus F1 Racing" which is in effect the manufacturer's team rather than "Team Lotus" which is the old sister company which Colin Chapman ran as a separate business. To be honest though this is still an official Lotus team and is as close as we will get in this day and age.

Also a quick note, Proton themselves are 42% (I think) owned by the Malaysian Government. Hence the big tie in with Malaysia.
G UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2010, 17:13   #276
Flyboy
Inactive

Flyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherer View Post
Well seeing as he only won one title by driving into someone in 94, i've yet to see a quote from him where he has admitted that. Care to share some links to these quotes ?

He also drove Alonso onto the grass at 200 mph on the run down to Stowe, as well as parking his car in Monaco.

Actually I just remembered another title he won by cheating. Back in German F3 he had a crash and drove his car that wasn't race worthy back onto the track in order to get the race red flagged and hand him the title
And don't forget the attempted scuppering of his and Jaques Villneuve's car at Jerez in nineteen ninety-seven. He was actually disqualified for the whole season, with the removal of all his points, after that one.

---------- Post added at 17:13 ---------- Previous post was at 17:12 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
To be far to MS he had admitted that he regrets the way he won some of his titles by driving into the oppossion
What? You mean after he accused Damon Hill of trying to kill him?

He seems to make a habit of that.
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2010, 13:21   #277
webcrawler2050
Inactive

Services: TiVo 110MB BB Phone Line
webcrawler2050 has reached the bronze age
webcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze age
Send a message via MSN to webcrawler2050

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
Virgin Racing website if you haven't seen it yet

http://www.virginracing.com/

No mention of Manor anymore, it's totally a Virgin team. So at least that's one of the new boys guaranteed to be on the Grid at the start.

Can't wait to hear Martin Brundle "and there's Glock going hard in the Virgin.........."

Here's the lotus site http://www.lotusf1racing.my

They're malaysian backed (who owns Lotus now is it still Kia?) and with Mike Gascoyne on board looks like they'll definately be on the grid too.

US F1 team here: http://www.usgpe.com/

I'm not yet convinced they'll be there
What I will give Virgin is they have produced a very "sexy" brand indeed. The brand it's self, has a very very modern look in my opinion.
webcrawler2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2010, 14:41   #278
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by webcrawler2050 View Post
What I will give Virgin is they have produced a very "sexy" brand indeed. The brand it's self, has a very very modern look in my opinion.
Just hope the car is up to the job.
Old 25-01-2010, 14:45   #279
hedgie
cf.geek

Services: Phone, 360 + two mini boxes, Hub 5.
hedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by webcrawler2050 View Post
I think the VR logo looks very similar to the BTCC Vauxhall VXR logo, even the colours are the same !!

Based on the launch pictures I have to say I am disappointed with the look of the new Brawn Mercedes

Looks a bit dull to me, not enough contrast IMHO, imagine trying to spot that in the spray !

http://www.mercedes-gp.com/gallery.asp
hedgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2010, 18:14   #280
sherer
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedgie View Post
I think the VR logo looks very similar to the BTCC Vauxhall VXR logo, even the colours are the same !!

Based on the launch pictures I have to say I am disappointed with the look of the new Brawn Mercedes

Looks a bit dull to me, not enough contrast IMHO, imagine trying to spot that in the spray !

http://www.mercedes-gp.com/gallery.asp
agree about the VXR BTCC link.

The Virgin car is the first all CFD designed car in F1 so it hasn't been to a wind tunnel at all. Whether this will work or not is another matter. Adrian Newey says it will be 10 years before the first CFD designed car wins
Old 25-01-2010, 23:05   #281
hedgie
cf.geek

hedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherer View Post
agree about the VXR BTCC link.

The Virgin car is the first all CFD designed car in F1 so it hasn't been to a wind tunnel at all. Whether this will work or not is another matter. Adrian Newey says it will be 10 years before the first CFD designed car wins
Well I for one hope he is wrong. Nick Wirth is no mug, the Acura sports prototype worked pretty well in the States last year. Could be my new favourite underdog team......I started out supporting Toleman !!
Old 26-01-2010, 09:37   #282
Turkey Machine
Inactive

Services: Company LLU internet, soon-to-be company FTTC internet at 56Mb/20Mb!
Turkey Machine has reached the bronze age
Turkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze age

Bahrain have enabled the loop that was built a few years ago to extend the lap by some 20 seconds. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...ne/8479689.stm

Lopez is now confirmed as a USF1 driver too. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...ne/8480176.stm
Turkey Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2010, 09:06   #283
hedgie
cf.geek

The new US team have signed their first driver, former Renault test driver Jose Maria Lopez .

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/81062

Kymmy, most of the seats are filled now you must be getting close to being able to set up the poll

Maybe we could have two.

One for the overall champion
One for the best of the new teams
Old 27-01-2010, 10:10   #284
sherer
Inactive

I think it is only Renault and USF1 that have a seat going, although I could be wrong there.

Not long until March and the season kicks off
Old 27-01-2010, 12:58   #285
Turkey Machine
Inactive

Services: Company LLU internet, soon-to-be company FTTC internet at 56Mb/20Mb!
Turkey Machine has reached the bronze age
Turkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze age

@sherer: Campos has a seat going too.
Turkey Machine is offline   Reply With Quote