Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Formula 1 2010 Season [may contain real time spoilers]

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Formula 1 2010 Season [may contain real time spoilers]

Old 18-01-2010, 16:21   #256
sherer
Inactive

sherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of society
Re: Formula 1 2010 Season [may contain real time spoilers]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kymmy View Post
So are you saying that he's only any good on certain tracks and only when it's hot??

A good driver is good on all the tracks, not just the ones he fancies

Personally I think that he'll start making excuses for his performance this year
the fact is if an F1 car doesn't perform then there is nothing a driver can do as Lewis showed at the start of the season and Kimi and Massa did too with the Ferrari.

The Brawn had a very small window where it worked brilliantly but outside that window it was rubbish. That window included hot weather to get heat into the tyres, the very thing that made the car good meant it didn't work in the cold weather.

Rubens was able to get a bit more heat into his tyres hence he could get a bit more out of the car but during the very hot weather where the car was perfect he couldn't get as much as of the car as JB.

At the end of the day a driver is only as good as the car they are given, the days or a driver bringing 2-3 seconds to a car are long gone
sherer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 18-01-2010, 17:11   #257
Matty_
cf.geek

Matty_ has reached the bronze age
Matty_ has reached the bronze ageMatty_ has reached the bronze ageMatty_ has reached the bronze ageMatty_ has reached the bronze ageMatty_ has reached the bronze ageMatty_ has reached the bronze ageMatty_ has reached the bronze age

Didn`t Lewis Hamilton start 4th (before disqualified) 7th, 6th then 4th in the first 4 races.
We all agree the car is the star but these are the elite drivers in the world and should be able to adapt to the conditions/circuit whether that`s via driving style or set-up.

A great driver can work in all conditions imo...
Matty_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2010, 18:05   #258
sherer
Inactive

sherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty_ View Post
Didn`t Lewis Hamilton start 4th (before disqualified) 7th, 6th then 4th in the first 4 races.
We all agree the car is the star but these are the elite drivers in the world and should be able to adapt to the conditions/circuit whether that`s via driving style or set-up.

A great driver can work in all conditions imo...
unfortunateklt the current F1 doesn't work like that. Take Massa half of his car is driven by the engineers in the pits with all the data and computer info.

if the car doesn't work there isn't much a driver can do. The days when a driver could drive around a problem have long gone
sherer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2010, 21:33   #259
Flyboy
Inactive

Flyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHiLL View Post
I'm not so sure that LH will blow JB away. They will be driving the same car, and with no refeuling. I think the no refeuling will have a major impact on the two drivers. It will mean they have to preserve their tyres. It's well known that JB is a smooth driver and excellent at preserving tyres, whereas LH is an aggressive drivers and goes through tyres a lot faster.
But there are no rules preventing tyre changes.
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2010, 22:07   #260
Jon T
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Telephone and 100Mb broadband, Sky Q
Jon T has reached the bronze age
Jon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze age

What is this obsession with knocking Jenson Button?

Kymmy, I have to ask why you dislike him so much? Based on earlier posts from you that I can recall, the reason's you've stated in the past indicate that you must dislike Michael Scumacher as well, do you?

Jenson's not gonna get a fair ride(pardon the pun) anyway, McLaren is moulded around Lewis Hamilton, everytime you see Martin Whitmarsh, LH's dad is there as well.

As to Fernando Alonso, he's a spoilt arrogant smarmy twit, nothing would give me greater pleasure that seeing hime fail miserably. I think he's got the capacity to create a great deal of disharmony at Ferrari if things don't go his way.
Jon T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2010, 22:19   #261
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

I don't dislike MS, just think his driving is to clinical.. I'm always been a lover of Alesi in the wet style of driving

As for JB I've made it no secret that I think he's an arrogant you know what who after messing around with BAR/Williams in 2004/5 should not have deserved another contract with any team..
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2010, 22:24   #262
Jon T
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Telephone and 100Mb broadband, Sky Q
Jon T has reached the bronze age
Jon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze age

Quote:
I don't dislike MS, just think his driving is to clinical.. I'm always been a lover of Alesi in the wet style of driving

As for JB I've made it no secret that I think he's an arrogant you know what who after messing around with BAR/Williams in 2004/5 should not have deserved another contract with any team..
and MS for ditching Jordan to go to Benetton? No different.

Also the multitude of other times this happened with other drivers over the years, both publicised and instances that have been kept private.
Jon T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2010, 22:41   #263
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

There's a big diffrence between an agreement in principle and a signed contract. Willaims and JB's views were disgraceful towards BAR where in MS's instance there was no contract broken. You can't fully remove the business from F1 but you can't moan when you've not signed the deal.

Yes it does happen though and last years Briatore ban also highlights the managment dirt dealings, but that should be what the driver steers clear of... Mind you it's not the only sport where it gets dirty off the track, my partners an ex-wrc tech and they can tell you stories about teams swapping FIA seals on engines and dodgy fuel...etc...etc...
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2010, 23:57   #264
Flyboy
Inactive

Flyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon T View Post
What is this obsession with knocking Jenson Button?

Kymmy, I have to ask why you dislike him so much? Based on earlier posts from you that I can recall, the reason's you've stated in the past indicate that you must dislike Michael Scumacher as well, do you?

Jenson's not gonna get a fair ride(pardon the pun) anyway, McLaren is moulded around Lewis Hamilton, everytime you see Martin Whitmarsh, LH's dad is there as well.

As to Fernando Alonso, he's a spoilt arrogant smarmy twit, nothing would give me greater pleasure that seeing hime fail miserably. I think he's got the capacity to create a great deal of disharmony at Ferrari if things don't go his way.
I do not think his hands are completely clean with the two of the most controversial incidents to overshadow the sport in decades. He has been directly involved with these events and I am aghast that he has not been investigated.

---------- Post added at 23:57 ---------- Previous post was at 23:53 ----------

The reason I dislike Michael Schumacher is because he cheats. The strokes he has pulled over the years is comparable to what Renault did in two thousand and eight.
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2010, 12:31   #265
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
So are you saying that he's only any good on certain tracks and only when it's hot??
No, I'm saying the car was only good on certain tracks in certain conditions

Quote:
A good driver is good on all the tracks, not just the ones he fancies
I think you'll find that most F1 drivers drive to 100% of their ability at all times.

At the tracks where he did not finish so well I'm sure he was driving as well as he could but the car, or the way the car was set up, wasn't up to it.

---------- Post added at 12:29 ---------- Previous post was at 12:25 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty_ View Post
As you say Rubens was in the same car but looked different class at times.
Funny how Jenson was also in the same car as Rubens but was class part from him for the vast majority of the season.

Not forgetting that until last year Rubens had won many many more Grand Prix than Jenson and had loads more podiums.

On paper, Rubens was by far the more talented and successful driver.

Or does that have something do with him driving a Ferrari when he won all those Grand prix?

---------- Post added at 12:31 ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
But there are no rules preventing tyre changes.
No there aren't but if a driver can conserve his tyres he will be more competetive, very much like in motogp
Old 19-01-2010, 12:56   #266
Matty_
cf.geek

Matty_ has reached the bronze ageMatty_ has reached the bronze ageMatty_ has reached the bronze ageMatty_ has reached the bronze ageMatty_ has reached the bronze ageMatty_ has reached the bronze ageMatty_ has reached the bronze age

Lets forget all this about last year, Jenson Button won the championship, that`s what the record books say!

De la Rosa to drive for BMW Sauber http://www.formula1.com/news/headlin...0/1/10346.html

Should that be in the other thread?
Old 21-01-2010, 16:23   #267
hedgie
cf.geek

Services: Phone, 360 + two mini boxes, Hub 5.
hedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of light

Formula 1 on ice, oh yes

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...ne/8473054.stm

Another light news week I'm afraid
hedgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2010, 18:03   #268
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
The reason I dislike Michael Schumacher is because he cheats. The strokes he has pulled over the years is comparable to what Renault did in two thousand and eight.
To be far to MS he had admitted that he regrets the way he won some of his titles by driving into the oppossion

STAY AT HOME: I found out that mum will never walk again as the coronavirus attacked her nervous system. She died on September 30th.
Hom3r is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2010, 21:08   #269
Mr_love_monkey
Inactive

Services: Sarcasm
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
To be far to MS he had admitted that he regrets the way he won some of his titles by driving into the oppossion
hmm... regretting it is one thing - not doing it again, or in the first place is something else...
Mr_love_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2010, 21:10   #270
Matty_
cf.geek

My arse he regrets it!