Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coronavirus

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coronavirus

Old 04-07-2024, 12:37   #2476
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: Coronavirus

Do you have a link to the new Lancet paper, please, as I’ve searched on The Lancet and on papers.ssrn.com (where it was before), and can’t find an updated version…

Also, when you state it is published research, it’s important to note the caveat on papers.ssrn.com (where it initially appeared before it was removed)

Quote:
These preprints are early stage research papers that have not been peer-reviewed. The findings should not be used for clinical or public health decision making and should not be presented to a lay audience without highlighting that they are preliminary and have not been peer-reviewed
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 04-07-2024, 17:37   #2477
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Services: Amazon Prime Video & Netflix. Deregistered from my TV licence.
Ramrod has a golden aura
Ramrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Do you have a link to the new Lancet paper, please, as I’ve searched on The Lancet and on papers.ssrn.com (where it was before), and can’t find an updated version…

Also, when you state it is published research, it’s important to note the caveat on papers.ssrn.com (where it initially appeared before it was removed)
It's not been re-released yet. Imminent.

Here's another: Long term follow up and outcomes of Covid-19 vaccine associated myocarditis in Victoria, Australia: A clinical surveillance study
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/38154991/
Old 04-07-2024, 18:10   #2478
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

The CDC had this to say about it
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...ocarditis.html
Quote:
Most patients with myocarditis or pericarditis after COVID-19 vaccination responded well to medicine and rest and felt better quickly.
Myocarditis and pericarditis after COVID-19 vaccination are rare. Myocarditis is inflammation of the heart muscle, and pericarditis is inflammation of the outer lining of the heart. In both cases, the body’s immune system causes inflammation in response to an infection or some other trigger
They still recommend people get vaccinated against COVID-19. They are all still continuing to study it.

However as with any medication or vaccine there are always varying side effects.
Old 04-07-2024, 18:17   #2479
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Ramrod has a golden aura
Ramrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
The CDC had this to say about it
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...ocarditis.html

They still recommend people get vaccinated against COVID-19. They are all still continuing to study it.
Yes, I know. I suspect that they will have a day of reckoning for that advice.

Quote:
However as with any medication or vaccine there are always varying side effects.
Difference is that previously, vaccines with this many adverse effects have been pulled.
Old 04-07-2024, 18:27   #2480
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramrod
Im glad I am not the only one here who isnt afraid to speak against MSM on this!!

God bless you Ramrod!!
Dude111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2024, 18:47   #2481
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramrod View Post

Difference is that previously, vaccines with this many adverse effects have been pulled.
Not a lot have been removed.from market Some were replaced with newer versions safer version Some were taken off market as no longer required.

Not to mention the myocarditis can be treated and most patients will recover with no lasting effects.
Old 05-07-2024, 13:51   #2482
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Ramrod has a golden aura

Quote:
Not a lot have been removed.from market Some were replaced with newer versions safer version Some were taken off market as no longer required.

Not to mention the myocarditis can be treated and most patients will recover with no lasting effects.
My point was that previously, a few deaths due to a vaccine resulted in that vaccine being pulled.
Once your heart is damaged it isn't the same again. You carry your injuries...
Old 05-07-2024, 14:13   #2483
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

But just because there were injuries or deaths after a vaccine doesn't mean the vaccine was the cause.
Old Yesterday, 23:42   #2484
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
But just because there were injuries or deaths after a vaccine doesn't mean the vaccine was the cause.
Yes it does.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 00:00   #2485
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Yes it does.
Medically speaking, no it doesn't. Unless proven otherwise it's simply a coincidence.

Much like if I broke out in a rash within 24 hours of having a vaccine. Did the vaccine cause it? No it didn't. I just happened to eat something I didn't know I was allergic to that very same day.

Symptoms could be unrelated, but just happened to develop around the same time.
Old Today, 00:20   #2486
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Quote:
Yes it does.
How exactly?

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:01   #2487
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Medically speaking, no it doesn't. Unless proven otherwise it's simply a coincidence.

Much like if I broke out in a rash within 24 hours of having a vaccine. Did the vaccine cause it? No it didn't. I just happened to eat something I didn't know I was allergic to that very same day.

Symptoms could be unrelated, but just happened to develop around the same time.
You’re talking hypotheticals. So I repeat, yes it does.

You aren’t medically qualified to determine having a vaccine or eating something caused the rash & in the health industry, someone having a rash, after a drug being administered, would cause a patient to require medical intervention. I work in the health industry, as does Ramrod, we know what we are talking about, we won’t take lectures from armchair know it alls.

Covid vaccine injury and death is a thing.

Quote:
AstraZeneca has admitted for the first time in court documents that its Covid vaccine can cause a rare side effect, in an apparent about-turn that could pave the way for a multi-million pound legal payout.

The pharmaceutical giant is being sued in a class action over claims that its vaccine, developed with the University of Oxford, caused death and serious injury in dozens of cases.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...e-side-effect/

---------- Post added at 01:01 ---------- Previous post was at 00:59 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
How exactly?
Same applies to you.
Old Today, 01:02   #2488
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (900 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Yes it does.
Of course it doesnt, unless there is direct proof otherwise.

In fact I'm curious how any vaccine (or any drug) can actually cause an injury.

If someone takes Ibuprofen for a headache, and dies of a heart attack the next day, that doesnt mean Ibuprofen is the casue.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:31   #2489
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post

If someone takes Ibuprofen for a headache, and dies of a heart attack the next day, that doesnt mean Ibuprofen is the casue.
Adverse reactions in all drugs exist. What does not effect millions of people, can effect an handful, in a serious way. That’s my point, Stephen was making a blanket statement saying “someone dying after having a vaccine, doesn’t mean it was the vaccine” which is categorically not true, as in the handful of cases, the vaccine was the direct cause.

It’s a moot point now anyway because AstraZeneca-Oxford has admitted, in a court document that it’s vaccine, in rare cases, can cause thrombosis, (blood clots) & no one wants one of those travelling to the brain.
Old Today, 01:36   #2490
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post

Thank you. The exact same point I was making.

All medications have side effects and can be deadly. People can be allergic to asprin or paracetamol even and can die from it too.

As for your response Mick, I've been in and out if hospital that often over the past 5 years that I have gotten to know quite a bit about drug reactions, allergies and what can happen. From bring advised on things and from asking many questions. I've been through 6 operations in the past 13 months, on and off different medications. Had allergic reaction to different antibiotics and other drugs. So I'm no armchair know it all. I have dealt with many consultants and doctors and other medical staff over numerous hospitals.

Proving that one thing caused that reaction can be hard. You trying to claim that covid-19 vaccines or any vaccines for that matter are 100% to blame in all cases is just wrong. I also never made a blanket claim of any kind, that was on you interpreting it incorrectly. Such things must be investigated and proven.