Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2016) Vol 2

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2016) Vol 2

Old 30-09-2016, 12:49   #2401
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2016) Vol 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
Yes, Roku strikes me a bit like the web - some good sites out there but plenty of poor quality DIY apps that don't contribute anything.
Yes, but that is a given in the area of entertainment, isn't it? You can say the same about our traditional TV channels.

---------- Post added at 12:49 ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
To be fair most of them are pointless crap on the roku, the most recent good one on roku (usa) is the cw app.
The network ones such as fox,syfy,hbogo,showtime,foxsport,nbcsport etc are very good then you get pointless ones like worship tv or dogtv lol.
There's something for everyone, theone!
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 30-09-2016, 15:58   #2402
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

hello gents and ladies. any handsome updates for me? I'm off work currently so rather bored. Please i'll take any rumour.
vincerooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2016, 16:12   #2403
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Nothing yet but perhaps MB has something up his sleeve.
Old 30-09-2016, 16:40   #2404
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
hello gents and ladies. any handsome updates for me? I'm off work currently so rather bored. Please i'll take any rumour.
theone2k10 has been talking about the BBC Store app arriving some time. https://store.bbc.com
1andrew1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2016, 17:10   #2405
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
I thought you was in the know dear chap?
theone2k10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2016, 17:38   #2406
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
I thought you was in the know dear chap?
Dunderheads like me know nowt my dear chap.
Old 01-10-2016, 02:34   #2407
jj20x

Interesting to see that, as UMP Movies ends operations in the UK, the rumoured replacement by Rishtey Cineplex hasn't taken place on VM.

Another one bites the dust!
Old 03-10-2016, 12:00   #2408
Media Boy UK
My post info may change

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj20x View Post
Interesting to see that, as UMP Movies ends operations in the UK, the rumoured replacement by Rishtey Cineplex hasn't taken place on VM.

UMP sold their EPG slot on Sky to Rishtey Cineplex.

The new channel may launch soon on Freeview.

---------- Post added at 11:57 ---------- Previous post was at 11:56 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
No News other then Fox News Channel is still testing as of some weeks ago.

---------- Post added at 12:00 ---------- Previous post was at 11:57 ----------

Also we found that Nick Jr. Too as become Nick Jr. Peppa.

The Channel is broadcasting Peppa Pig all day [We love the threme song] - on Virgin UK Channel 716.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 13:30   #2409
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

This is 100% confirmed and guarenteed - coming soon to vm more price rises.
theone2k10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 13:34   #2410
denphone
Still alive and fighting

By heck you seem rather pessimistic again my dear chap..
Old 03-10-2016, 14:13   #2411
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:

True, but in this case I doubt the vast majority of people will be too bothered!
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 19:01   #2412
jj20x

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
True, but in this case I doubt the vast majority of people will be too bothered!
Not a channel appealing to the masses obviously but that's not the point.

UMP Movies was one of the most watched channels within the Asian community. It makes little sense that VM strengthens its Asian channel selection with NDTV India / NDTV Spice, then neglects to add a replacement service for one of the most popular channels within that community.

---------- Post added at 18:44 ---------- Previous post was at 18:43 ----------

Quote:
This is 100% confirmed and guarenteed - coming soon to vm more price rises.
Probably.

---------- Post added at 19:01 ---------- Previous post was at 18:44 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
UMP sold their EPG slot on Sky to Rishtey Cineplex.

The new channel may launch soon on Freeview.
I wasn't referring to the EPG arrangements at Sky but about the fact that Viacom 18 own the rights to most of the film library of UMP Movies, so Rishtey Cineplex is a natural replacement for the channel.

Viacom has been planning the launch of Rishtey Cineplex for many months so yet another example of VM's content acquisitions team not being proactive.
Old 03-10-2016, 19:17   #2413
Media Boy UK
My post info may change

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
I wasn't referring to the EPG arrangements at Sky but about the fact that Viacom 18 own the rights to most of the film library of UMP Movies, so Rishtey Cineplex is a natural replacement for the channel.

Viacom has been planning the launch of Rishtey Cineplex for many months so yet another example of VM's content acquisitions team not being proactive.
VM's content acquisitions team work like the old Telewest's content acquisitions team they do not go after channels until their deals is up.

But only VM's content acquisitions team knows when deals is up.

That what we got channels from Sony, Channel 5 and NDTV has launch this past summer.

And Virgin Media has signed an new deal with FOX for Fox News Channel.

Last edited by Media Boy UK; 03-10-2016 at 19:20.
Old 03-10-2016, 19:33   #2414
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
VM may have been extremely proactive but the two parties may have been unable to strike a deal. We just don't know.
1andrew1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 20:58   #2415
Media Boy UK
My post info may change

New names for local TV Channels in Birmingham and Liverpool.

-Birmingham's local TV service Big Centre TV is set to be relaunched on November 1st as Made in Birmingham.

-Also Bay TV Liverpool will close on October 6th and relaunch as Made in Liverpool on October 12th.

http://www.a516digital.com/2016/10/b...ice-to-be.html