Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Post-Brexit Thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Post-Brexit Thread
Closed Thread

Old 26-06-2016, 10:05   #226
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week
Re: Post-Brexit Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
It's an interesting poll by the way because it shows the class and social divisions that now exist in the UK.
It is and in my opinion shows that despite the money the EU has poured into the old working class areas for redevelopment ,it has been used wrongly and the poor uneducated working class know this because all the luxury apartments built on the old docks they used to work in they can't afford to live in ,all the high end shops built on old mine workings they can't afford to shop in .All that's happened is money from Europe to redevelop run down areas has ended up in the hands of rich developers and business owners who have simply used it to get richer ,sure the areas look nice ,Newcastle is a prime example but where are the houses that ordinary people get to live in,where are the hospitals and schools ,business parks keep springing up where houses used to be but stand empty ,all of this has led to the divide in the country and the EU and successive governments are directly responsible for it and the poor uneducated class have seen through it and decided to do something about it .

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBMark View Post
No matter what , this referendum has united Britain, but it has also united England. There is No going back! Millionaires will tell us we are doomed, none millionaires won't really notice a difference.
Are you serious ? that is complete rubbish .This referendum has completely divided the country and will split the Kingdom.I posted a few pages back that whatever the result i wanted a big majority vote ,we didn't get that we got a split vote with a small majority and that was not a good thing .We need the whole country to get behind the decision whereas now we will always have half the country fighting to go the other way

Advertisement
Old 26-06-2016, 10:05   #227
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars

I saw a post on a friends Facebook page regarding the petitions for a 2nd referendum, that the metadata show a lot of the people that have clicked the link come from outside the UK.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 13490817_1254286821263233_8984070327432953055_o.jpg (602.6 KB, 12 views)

STAY AT HOME: I found out that mum will never walk again as the coronavirus attacked her nervous system. She died on September 30th.
Old 26-06-2016, 10:12   #228
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
IDS is now backing away from the £350 million claim as well. Quite funny watching him say 'we never said it would be spent on the NHS' next to a poster saying 'Let's spend the £350 million a week on the NHS'.
Reminded me of the bloke who's country was being invaded saying there are no tanks here whilst the camera showed tanks coming up behind him

Old 26-06-2016, 10:18   #229
RBMark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
I saw a post on a friends Facebook page regarding the petitions for a 2nd referendum, that the metadata show a lot of the people that have clicked the link come from outside the UK.
It's also something like 80% Londoners voting. It must be tough going to bed with £10million and waking up with £8.5million.

I haven't met a single British born working class person who vote remain.

---------- Post added at 10:18 ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
Reminded me of the bloke who's country was being invaded saying there are no tanks here whilst the camera showed tanks coming up behind him

Im still still waiting for the war and for the NHS to collapse like remain said it would. How many Remainers voted remain through fear of war, losing the NHS?

Old 26-06-2016, 10:19   #230
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array

This Guardian comment make some good points that Boris and Co must answer:

There are liars and then there’s Boris Johnson and Michael Gove

Quote:
Yet they gazed at the press with coffin-lid faces and wept over the prime minister they had destroyed. David Cameron was “brave and principled”, intoned Johnson. “A great prime minister”, muttered Gove. Like Goneril and Regan competing to offer false compliments to Lear, they covered the leader they had doomed with hypocritical praise. No one whoops at a funeral, especially not mourners who are glad to see the back of the deceased. But I saw something beyond hypocrisy in those frozen faces: the fear of journalists who have been found out.

Johnson and Gove carried with them a second feature of unscrupulous journalism: the contempt for practical questions. Never has a revolution in Britain’s position in the world been advocated with such carelessness. The Leave campaign has no plan. And that is not just because there was a shamefully under-explored division between the bulk of Brexit voters who wanted the strong welfare state and solid communities of their youth and the leaders of the campaign who wanted Britain to become an offshore tax haven. Vote Leave did not know how to resolve difficulties with Scotland, Ireland, the refugee camp at Calais, and a thousand other problems, and did not want to know either.

I am not going to be over-dainty about mendacity. Politicians, including Remain politicians lie, as do the rest of us. But not since Suez has the nation’s fate been decided by politicians who knowingly made a straight, shameless, incontrovertible lie the first plank of their campaign. Vote Leave assured the electorate it would reclaim a supposed £350m Brussels takes from us each week. They knew it was a lie. Between them, they promised to spend £111bn on the NHS, cuts to VAT and council tax, higher pensions, a better transport system and replacements for the EU subsidies to the arts, science, farmers and deprived regions. When boring experts said that, far from being rich, we would face a £40bn hole in our public finances, Vote Leave knew how to fight back. In Johnsonian fashion, it said that the truth tellers were corrupt liars in Brussels’ pocket.

Now they have won and what Kipling said of the demagogues of his age applies to Michael Gove, Boris Johnson and Nigel Farage.

I could not dig; I dared not rob:
Therefore I lied to please the mob.
Now all my lies are proved untrue
And I must face the men I slew.
What tale shall serve me here among
Mine angry and defrauded young?

The real division in Britain is not between London and the north, Scotland and Wales or the old and young, but between Johnson, Gove and Farage and the voters they defrauded. What tale will serve them now? On Thursday, they won by promising cuts in immigration. On Friday, Johnson and the Eurosceptic ideologue Dan Hannan said that in all probability the number of foreigners coming here won’t fall. On Thursday, they promised the economy would boom. By Friday, the pound was at a 30-year low and Daily Mail readers holidaying abroad were learning not to believe what they read in the papers. On Thursday, they promised £350m extra a week for the NHS. On Friday, it turns out there are “no guarantees”.

If we could only find a halfway competent opposition, the very populist forces they have exploited and misled so grievously would turn on them. The fear in their eyes shows that they know it
Old 26-06-2016, 10:35   #231
RBMark

I'm still curious as to how many Remainers voted remain due to the threat of all out war and the NHS collapsing which has turned out to be total lies from Remain!

Old 26-06-2016, 10:35   #232
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianch99 View Post
This Guardian comment make some good points that Boris and Co must answer:

There are liars and then there’s Boris Johnson and Michael Gove
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sour.jpg (9.7 KB, 12 views)
Old 26-06-2016, 10:56   #233
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

This really is a lot of BS - largely panic nonsense which is self fulfilling to an extent. Think back to the panic of 2007/8, people claiming it'd be the end of civilisation, queuing outside banks to withdraw their money, all just making the situation worse. If anyone seriously didn't expect this sort of thing to result from the referendum in the short term then I'm afraid they're naïve. What they're all choosing to forget right now is the less visible but hugely relevant chaos in the EU which has been largely wiped off our screens in recent weeks. It won't be long before the next tranche of really bad news appears from over there and people here start to see things a bit differently. There's n'owt as queer as folk.
Old 26-06-2016, 11:01   #234
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Exactly. Greece hasn't gone away and Italy is looking flaky. Germany is still being flooded by immigrants and youth unemployment in Spain and Portugal is approaching 50%. Plenty of EU troubles ahead.
Old 26-06-2016, 11:15   #235
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
It's also something like 80% Londoners voting. It must be tough going to bed with £10million and waking up with £8.5million.

Oh, look.. A Leaver pushing stereotypes.

Guess what? London has 8.26m people living in it. It does not have anywhere near 8.26m millionaires living in it, or even 8.26 million people who are wealthy.. No. Most of the people living in London are what you would consider working class. Also, They, just like the working class all over the United Kingdom will bear the brunt of the cost if leaving the EU causes economic problems. The working class are going to have to deal with negative equity, and the possibility of job losses. The wealthy won't. They'll just weather the storm or leave the country.
Old 26-06-2016, 11:27   #236
RBMark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
Oh, look.. A Leaver pushing stereotypes.

Guess what? London has 8.26m people living in it. It does not have anywhere near 8.26m millionaires living in it, or even 8.26 million people who are wealthy.. No. Most of the people living in London are what you would consider working class. Also, They, just like the working class all over the United Kingdom will bear the brunt of the cost if leaving the EU causes economic problems. The working class are going to have to deal with negative equity, and the possibility of job losses. The wealthy won't. They'll just weather the storm or leave the country.
Do you believe many Remainers may well of voted remain due to being told there will be wars and the end of the NHS if we leave?

Old 26-06-2016, 11:31   #237
Big Brian
Inactive

Big Brian is just really niceBig Brian is just really niceBig Brian is just really niceBig Brian is just really niceBig Brian is just really niceBig Brian is just really nice

Quote:
It is and in my opinion shows that despite the money the EU has poured into the old working class areas for redevelopment ,it has been used wrongly and the poor uneducated working class know this because all the luxury apartments built on the old docks they used to work in they can't afford to live in ,all the high end shops built on old mine workings they can't afford to shop in .All that's happened is money from Europe to redevelop run down areas has ended up in the hands of rich developers and business owners who have simply used it to get richer ,sure the areas look nice ,Newcastle is a prime example but where are the houses that ordinary people get to live in,where are the hospitals and schools ,business parks keep springing up where houses used to be but stand empty ,all of this has led to the divide in the country and the EU and successive governments are directly responsible for it and the poor uneducated class have seen through it and decided to do something about it .

Are you serious ? that is complete rubbish .This referendum has completely divided the country and will split the Kingdom.I posted a few pages back that whatever the result i wanted a big majority vote ,we didn't get that we got a split vote with a small majority and that was not a good thing .We need the whole country to get behind the decision whereas now we will always have half the country fighting to go the other way
I'd hardly call 6% more for Leave in England a 'small' majority However, you are right we all have to get behind the Government now. I wonder if we'll get a say in what we want?

I live in North East England and all I see are empty shops, others closing, derelict buildings, boarded up houses that are uninhabitable. Then I go down to the old docks in Sunderland, Seaham and Hartlepool and all I see are marinas and expensive apartments. Where's all this EU money? Oh yea it was spent on London.
Old 26-06-2016, 11:32   #238
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array

Quote:
We don't often agree on things but you are spot on. The country is very divided and this will Remain ..
Old 26-06-2016, 11:36   #239
Big Brian
Inactive

Big Brian is just really niceBig Brian is just really niceBig Brian is just really niceBig Brian is just really niceBig Brian is just really niceBig Brian is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
I heard it had reached 2.6 million. All remainers no doubt but if it's true they're from outside the UK then there's no chance of the Government taking any notice of it.

---------- Post added at 11:35 ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 ----------

Quote:
Oh yes I remember that clearly. Funny as.

---------- Post added at 11:36 ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 ----------

Quote:

---------- Post added at 10:18 ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 ----------

Im still still waiting for the war and for the NHS to collapse like remain said it would. How many Remainers voted remain through fear of war, losing the NHS?
Be very careful what you wish for, you may just get it! LOL!
Old 26-06-2016, 11:42   #240
ianch99
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Brian View Post
However, you are right we all have to get behind the Government now
Who are the "we" here?

Did you get behind the government when we were in the EU?

Did Farage get behind the government when founded UKIP and campaigned for years to leave the EU?

What's all this "now we have won, let's all pull together and forget our differences"?

You and your mates have banged on for years on how the EU is evil, how it is bad for the country, etc. etc. etc. and you have the gall to say, that now that you have won the vote, that we all have to get behind the government.

What a load of hypocritical BS.