Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Funny Pictures & Signs

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > General Entertainment
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Funny Pictures & Signs

Old 07-02-2009, 01:21   #2326
Alien
Inactive

Services: VM Phone, V+, VM 10Mb
Alien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronze
Alien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronze
Re: [Merged] Funny Pictures & Signs

Alien is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 10-02-2009, 20:17   #2327
TheNorm
Inactive

Services: Sky TV, VM TV, 20meg bb, tel, and a lobster (but the lobster died).
TheNorm has a nice shiny star
TheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny star

Because of the current economic climate a new dollar bill has been printed:

How do I get this to appear in the post like Alien does?
TheNorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 21:12   #2328
altis
cf.mega poster

altis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny star
altis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNorm View Post
You need to host the image on another site somewhere (eg. ntlworld webspace) and then link to it wrapping it with [img] tags summat like this:

{img}http://www.myurl.com/img.jpg{/img}

except you'll have to use square brackets and not curly ones
altis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 21:15   #2329
Raistlin
Inactive

Services: Depends on the person and the price they're offering
Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars
Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Like this

Raistlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 17:39   #2330
TheNorm
Inactive

TheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by altis View Post
You need to host the image on another site somewhere ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob M View Post
Like this

I still don't get it!

Sometimes no picture appears (like the post under discussion).

Sometimes the pictures are "thumbnails".

Your example is basically a link to an external site, which is only valid provided the link remains constant.

But Alien has full-size pictures in his posts....

Its not fair...
Old 11-02-2009, 17:47   #2331
Raistlin
Inactive

Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars
Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars

The last picture in alien's post is here:

http://icanhascheezburger.files.word...r-his-date.jpg

What he's doing is using the 'Insert a Picture' button (the one that looks like a mountain with a moon over it) and then inserting the URL for the 'icanhascheezburger' site where that picture is hosted.

All I did was upload the picture to one of the many image hosts that are available and then link to it there.

The problem with this approach (and with alien's) is that we don't control the servers that the images are on. If they have a cull, go down, or block hotlinking, then the image in the post will disapear as well.

---------- Post added at 17:47 ---------- Previous post was at 17:46 ----------

Oh,and I've removed the link behind my picture now - as you can see, it's no longer clickable but the picture remains.

Next time you get a picture you want to post and I'm online drop me a PM and I'll talk you through posting it if you like?
Old 11-02-2009, 17:54   #2332
danielf
cf.mega poser

danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura
danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura

Quote:
<snip>

What he's doing is using the 'Insert a Picture' button (the one that looks like a mountain with a moon over it) and then inserting the URL for the 'icanhascheezburger' site where that picture is hosted.
Alternatively, just stick "[img]" and "[/img]" around the url where the image is hosted.
Old 11-02-2009, 17:58   #2333
TheNorm
Inactive

Quote:
...The problem with this approach (and with alien's) is that we don't control the servers that the images are on. If they have a cull, go down, or block hotlinking, then the image in the post will disapear as well....
OK - there is a link, but it isn't immediately obvious.

Quote:
Next time you get a picture you want to post and I'm online drop me a PM and I'll talk you through posting it if you like?
Thanks!

Just to get this clear - are you saying that it isn't possible to paste a picture into a post? You can only insert a link to an external website? But how does that explain the thumbnail I see when I post a picture taken from my camera? Where is that image held?
Old 11-02-2009, 18:39   #2334
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Make George W say anything you want......

Link
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 18:43   #2335
Raistlin
Inactive

Quote:
Just to get this clear - are you saying that it isn't possible to paste a picture into a post? You can only insert a link to an external website? But how does that explain the thumbnail I see when I post a picture taken from my camera? Where is that image held?
There are two ways of posting pictures: as a 'hosted' image, or as an attachment.

If you upload the image to a server somewhere (either your own, or one of the many image hosting sites that or on the Internet) you can then use the 'Insert Image' button to tell the forum software where it is. It will then display it full size within the body of your post.

Alternatively, certain images (within certain size constraints) can be uploaded as attachments. These are store on the Cable Forum server, and are shown as thumbnails at the bottom of your post.
Old 14-02-2009, 17:33   #2336
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Services: Amazon Prime Video & Netflix. Deregistered from my TV licence.
Ramrod has a golden aura
Ramrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden aura

Old 14-02-2009, 17:37   #2337
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

In alignment with the above post, some bumper stickers.....
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2009, 20:38   #2338
Alien
Inactive

Alien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronze
Alien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronze

Quote:
I still don't get it!

Sometimes no picture appears (like the post under discussion).

Sometimes the pictures are "thumbnails".

Your example is basically a link to an external site, which is only valid provided the link remains constant.

But Alien has full-size pictures in his posts....

Its not fair...
As Raistlin said, my pics are usually hosted on other sites/servers.

If you go with the attachment method, as he seems to favour [I'm not criticising, it's just a matter of preference], there's still more than 1 way to put it in your post. Once the images are attached they will show up as thumbnails when you submit your post, as you know. If you wanted to actually put the attached image in the main body of the post, to go with some text then there's 2 ways of doing it:

1. Put the text cursor where you want a smaller/thumbnail version of the image to go, then click the attachment button. When you have attached images clicking the attachment button gives you a menu which lists the attached file[s]. If you select 1 of them it will add a piece of code like this:
[ATTACH]17728[/ATTACH]
into your post where you had put the text cursor.

2. Once the image is attached, if you scroll down the page that the post editor is on, to the additional options section, you'll notice the name of your attachment[s] under Attach Files section, & it'll be a clickable link. If you copy the URL of that link [right click, copy link location in Firefox], you can then use it with the normal image tags, like this:
[img]http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/attachment.php?attachmentid=17728&stc=1&d=12346427 08[/img]
which should make the attachment show up full size:

though you'll still get the thumbnail at the bottom of the post as well.

[In case anyone's wondering, the reason the above samples of forum code don't actually do anything in my post is because I put the [noparse][/noparse] tag around them.]
Old 15-02-2009, 16:40   #2339
bw41101
cf.geek

Services: Broadband XL TV XL Phone - A device with buttons that makes a funny noise when it rings!
bw41101 has a bronzed appealbw41101 has a bronzed appeal
bw41101 has a bronzed appealbw41101 has a bronzed appealbw41101 has a bronzed appealbw41101 has a bronzed appealbw41101 has a bronzed appealbw41101 has a bronzed appealbw41101 has a bronzed appeal

Oh that's a bummer, was looking forward to Easter:

Attachment 17731

Sigh.........................!

Si thee
bw41101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2009, 01:45   #2340
Alien
Inactive