Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | [Merged] The Football Thread 2005/2006 Season

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

[Merged] The Football Thread 2005/2006 Season
Closed Thread

Old 16-03-2006, 14:19   #2236
sherer
Inactive

sherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of society
Re: [Merged] The Football Thread 2005/2006 Season

i think Henry could end up going in the summer.. if barca win the European Cup and Arsenal only get UEFA Cup or no European football at all i can see him going.. with Pires prob going to and maybe Lungberg with him and an aging Bergkamp they could be in real trouble next season.. not that i'd enjoy that at all
Advertisement
Old 16-03-2006, 15:02   #2237
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze

too hard to say, this story would help henry's contract negotiations for sure, so he could reach a "bluff" verbal agreement with barca and then go back to arsenal and get an extra big % on their current offer.
Old 19-03-2006, 18:11   #2238
yesman

Some light at the end of the tunnel for United maybe ?

Fulham 1 Chelsea 0 Result

Old 19-03-2006, 18:54   #2239
pedantic
Inactive

Services: O2 standard
pedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronze
pedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronze
Send a message via Yahoo to pedantic

I see there was a boxing match after the football had finished too
Old 20-03-2006, 08:56   #2240
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...em/4823284.stm

Jose, why can't you just accept it when Chelsea lose?

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 20-03-2006, 12:44   #2241
Saaf_laandon_mo
Inactive

Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star
Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ D
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...em/4823284.stm

Jose, why can't you just accept it when Chelsea lose?
I think he has a point considering even Coleman said that he thought the linesman could not have seen the handball. If both officials didnt see it, and they awarded the handball then its down to player reactions and the crowd too. Also I think Mourinho is still upset from his players/team being reprimanded for tring to influence the ref at West Brom, when they all ganged up on him. To be fair, again they have a point as we see this happening all the time in the premiership and only Chelsea have got done.

Anyway at least the score makes the next few games very interesting. I can see Fergie preparing his latest assault on the minds of Chelsea players pretty soon.
Old 20-03-2006, 12:53   #2242
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

The thing is, it WAS a handball - tv replays proved it.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 20-03-2006, 13:06   #2243
nffc
cf.mega poster

Services: Freeview, Sky+, 100 Mb/s VM BB, mega i7 PC, iPhone 13, Macbook Air
nffc has a nice shiny star
nffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny star

Well, after Mugson only managed 1 away win from screw knows how many games between start of season and mid-Feb, Barlow/McParland have two, and a draw, in our 5-game (W3 D2) run since Megson kindly f*cked off.

Old 20-03-2006, 17:24   #2244
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze

Sky were even discussing it for a while, and its evident now that a fair few ref decisions are decided on guess work and peer pressure.

It is just a shame that it took someone like chelsea been on the raw end to highlight it.
Old 21-03-2006, 08:46   #2245
akane1984
Inactive

akane1984 has a spectacular aura about themakane1984 has a spectacular aura about themakane1984 has a spectacular aura about themakane1984 has a spectacular aura about them

News Breaking that deadly virus has broke out in parts of London. no casulties as of yet but sources say that two London football clubs may be affected. both Arsenal and Chelsea have came out with statements saying that none of their squad staff or management have contracted any disease or virus.

This virus however is dangerous and is known to collapse title chances and ruin seasons the goverment has named it the "back to back" disease.
Old 21-03-2006, 08:57   #2246
Saaf_laandon_mo
Inactive

Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star
Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star

Quote:
The thing is, it WAS a handball - tv replays proved it.
Whether it was handball or not it was both managers opinions that neither the ref or the linesmen could have seen it. Therefore how can you give it? I think people are overlooking this because its Chelsea on the receiving end.

If the decision had been given by, say video evidence at the time, then there would not be a problem. In this case many believe the crowd and fulham players influenced the ref. I for one dont believe the lenesman didnt put his flag up because he pressed the buzzer to alert the ref.
Old 21-03-2006, 09:07   #2247
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saaf_laandon_mo
Whether it was handball or not it was both managers opinions that neither the ref or the linesmen could have seen it. Therefore how can you give it? I think people are overlooking this because its Chelsea on the receiving end.

If the decision had been given by, say video evidence at the time, then there would not be a problem. In this case many believe the crowd and fulham players influenced the ref. I for one dont believe the lenesman didnt put his flag up because he pressed the buzzer to alert the ref.
I know what you're saying but it WAS a handball, and justice prevailled. And yes it's slightly more satisfying that it happened to Chelsea, seeing as they enjoy more than their share of cheating.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 21-03-2006, 09:49   #2248
Saaf_laandon_mo
Inactive

Quote:
I know what you're saying but it WAS a handball, and justice prevailled. And yes it's slightly more satisfying that it happened to Chelsea, seeing as they enjoy more than their share of cheating.
Bit harsh mate.... Last season 'a goal that never was', meant Liverpool went on to the Euro Cup final, and this season a dodgy sending off basically killed of the 1st leg against Barca. Two very big decisions going against them. You'd be bitter too mate.
Old 21-03-2006, 09:59   #2249
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

Things like that happen, it's part of football. The problem with Chelsea is they want everything to do their own way and if it doesn't they'll 'make' it go their way, which usually involves Drogba taking a dive. Bad decisions happen all the time, referees are only human however Chelsea seem to manufacture these decisions wherever possible.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 21-03-2006, 10:05   #2250
Saaf_laandon_mo
Inactive

But its always Chelsea do this Chelsea do that. Don't tell me Drogba is the only diver in the Premiership, don't tell me Utd players constantly dont surround the ref when a decison goes against them, and don't tell me Mourinho is the only manager who has a go at officials. As a neutral there is such an anti Chelsea feeling in football nowadays, and I think it goes down to the jealousy people have in terms of the money available to Chelsea.
I reckon if Chelsea played the national German team in a game, they'd still be more people in the UK wanting the germans to win, simply because they are playing Chelsea.
Closed Thread