Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | World Cup 2006 Thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

World Cup 2006 Thread

Old 16-06-2006, 13:52   #211
Legendary_PSR
Inactive

Legendary_PSR is on a distinguished roadLegendary_PSR is on a distinguished road
Re: World Cup 2006 Thread

i wonder how many times the commentators while call "rodriguez" by the name of "gonzales" in the next match even though:
a) it's "maxi rodriguez" and
b) luis gonzalez doesn't even go by the name "luis gonzalez" anymore. he is just simply called "Lucho" now

am i being just a little too picky? yes, but isn't that the whole point of the internet
Legendary_PSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 16-06-2006, 14:54   #212
pedantic
Inactive

Services: O2 standard
pedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronze
pedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronze
Send a message via Yahoo to pedantic

If there's been a better team goal, other than Argentina's 2nd goal, I haven't seen it. Pure Class !
pedantic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2006, 15:05   #213
Saaf_laandon_mo
Inactive

Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star
Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star

that 2nd Argie goal was pure class........... I think they mean business
Saaf_laandon_mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2006, 15:51   #214
pedantic
Inactive

pedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronze
pedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronze

What a joy to watch, Argentina were. I hope we get more performances like that (hopefully from England ) throughout the rest of the competition.
Old 16-06-2006, 15:55   #215
danielf
cf.mega poser

danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura
danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura

Well, Argentina have definitely nailed their colours to the mast. One class outfit...
Old 16-06-2006, 16:07   #216
ikthius
Inactive

Services: anything for a new job
ikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronze
ikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronze

Argentina are looking good for it, and no way would england beat them the way they (both) are playing now.

England are damn lucky to beat Paraguay and TnT but Artgentina are looking much better than a few months ago.

the only teams so far to look as good has been Ivory Coast (for me) and Spain.

ik
ikthius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2006, 16:19   #217
pedantic
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikthius
Argentina are looking good for it, and no way would england beat them the way they (both) are playing now.

England are damn lucky to beat Paraguay and TnT but Artgentina are looking much better than a few months ago.

ik
I take your points about Argentina, and Ivory Coast and Spain.

But there is another thread here you may want to post in about England. Let's not have two threads with the same comments in.
Old 16-06-2006, 16:23   #218
Asghar
Inactive

Asghar will become famous soon enoughAsghar will become famous soon enoughAsghar will become famous soon enough

Very impressed with Argentina, they showed how football should be played with great passing instead of long 50/50 balls into the box.
Asghar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2006, 16:23   #219
danielf
cf.mega poser

danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura
danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura

Argentina move into second spot with the bookies

http://www.willhill.com/iibs/en/buil...hoice=WC988239
Old 16-06-2006, 16:27   #220
pedantic
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielf
Argentina move into second spot with the bookies

http://www.willhill.com/iibs/en/buil...hoice=WC988239
Personally, from what I've seen, they would be favourites in my book. The czech's look a very tasty price though. Value for money and all that.
Old 16-06-2006, 16:39   #221
Legendary_PSR
Inactive

Legendary_PSR is on a distinguished roadLegendary_PSR is on a distinguished road

great performance. they are looking far more comfortable than brazil at the moment.

the 2nd goal reminded me a lot of the goal that eventually got maradona kicked out of football back in the 94 world cup

i am so fed up hearing "(leo) messi this, crespo that, saviola is god, pablo aimar is the greatest player ever". tevez is better than the whole ****ing lot of them(no offense meant to leo messi or crespo, and plenty of offense to pablo aimar)

also, i am very impressed with ayala and heinze considering they haven't played all that much this season.

it was a laugh to watch the internazionale teammates kick the crap out of each other

speaking of internazionale, cambiasso has to be the most improved player of the last few years

but, i'll finish on a positive note - at least we've only had 3 dull matches(2 of which were england and the other being the god-awful french match). been a very good world cup to watch so far

JOGA BONITO!
Old 16-06-2006, 17:09   #222
ikthius
Inactive

ikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronze
ikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedantic
Quote:

ik
I take your points about Argentina, and Ivory Coast and Spain.

But there is another thread here you may want to post in about England. Let's not have two threads with the same comments in.
a small point I made in one post, which as far as I am aware, has to do with the world cup, I am only saying they were lucky.... I was not saying anything against them.............not in this thread.

just my point of view on how they have played so far in this world cup!

if you can't take that then you should not be reading this thread.

I know there is that other thread, which I posted on.

ik

---------- Post added at 17:09 ---------- Previous post was at 17:07 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendary_PSR

<snip>

but, i'll finish on a positive note - at least we've only had 3 dull matches(2 of which were england and the other being the god-awful french match). been a very good world cup to watch so far

JOGA BONITO!
saying anything about this pedantic?

ik
Old 16-06-2006, 17:17   #223
Legendary_PSR
Inactive

ah yeah, but i slagged off the french. surely that's allowed

---------- Post added at 17:17 ---------- Previous post was at 17:16 ----------

i'm going the ivory coast on this one. even though on a different message board i am called johan van der smut, i have more of a nigel powers style attitude to the dutch team
Old 16-06-2006, 17:26   #224
pedantic
Inactive

Quote:
a small point I made in one post, which as far as I am aware, has to do with the world cup, I am only saying they were lucky.... I was not saying anything against them.............not in this thread.

Well, as you posted on the "other" thread a few minutes after this one, I suspect your comments had "ulterior" motives. And proves my point exactly.

Oh, and if England bothers you that much, maybe YOU shouldn't be reading this thread, or watching the world cup for that matter.

Quote:

ik
Well, that was posted AFTER I made my post, but here goes........

Those matches WERE dull, so there's no problem, it's hardly the same thing is it.
Old 16-06-2006, 19:02   #225
ikthius
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedantic
Quote:

Well, as you posted on the "other" thread a few minutes after this one, I suspect your comments had "ulterior" motives. And proves my point exactly.

Oh, and if England bothers you that much, maybe YOU shouldn't be reading this thread, or watching the world cup for that matter.

Quote:

ik
Well, that was posted AFTER I made my post, but here goes........

Those matches WERE dull, so there's no problem, it's hardly the same thing is it.
my comments on teh anyone but england thread was totally different to my comments here.

I take it you did not like what I said cause I am Scottish?!

I said they were lucky to win....... I never said anything bad about them, they played rubbish, I have seen them play better.

this might be easier for you to understand.....

They won, but just (a case of political correctness gone mad, to keep pedantic happy )

see it looks similar

ik