Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coronavirus

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coronavirus

Old 16-10-2022, 17:50   #2221
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: Coronavirus

Anyone with a smartphone and 10 minutes on the bog can do it
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 17-10-2022, 15:44   #2222
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Services: Amazon Prime Video & Netflix. Deregistered from my TV licence.
Ramrod has a golden aura
Ramrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden aura

Ah, feck it: https://rumble.com/v1oehth-bbc-repor...-cant-dis.html
Old 17-10-2022, 16:39   #2223
jonbxx
cf.mega poster

Services: VM VIP Pack
jonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appeal
jonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appeal

If,you really want to know, the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency report side effects reported to them on a monthly basis through the Yellow Card scheme. Here is their current report - https://www.gov.uk/government/public...card-reporting

This is the raw data so there might or might not be a real link between the reported issue and the vaccine and the reports are very clear on this.

Anyone can report side effects here - https://coronavirus-yellowcard.mhra.gov.uk/
jonbxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2022, 17:24   #2224
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramrod View Post
.. and the thread hits a new low.

Sorry but I have zero tolerance for conspiracy nuts and their websites.

Any fool can “do their research”. The problem is, fools lack the analytical skills to evaluate raw data and reach balanced conclusions.

Covid vax conspiracies are the domain of fools. And that’s really all there is to it.
Old 17-10-2022, 18:00   #2225
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Ramrod has a golden aura
Ramrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbxx View Post
If,you really want to know, the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency report side effects reported to them on a monthly basis through the Yellow Card scheme.
Are you aware that the yellow card scheme is underreported to the tune of 90-99%? (They aren't sure of the exact number)
It's the same for VAERS in the USA.

---------- Post added at 18:00 ---------- Previous post was at 17:59 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
.. and the thread hits a new low.

Sorry but I have zero tolerance for conspiracy nuts and their websites.
Did you watch the clip?
Old 17-10-2022, 18:22   #2226
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Are you aware that the yellow card scheme is underreported to the tune of 90-99%? (They aren't sure of the exact number)

Did you watch the clip?
I will, when I have time to explore it fully and in context. I have no plans to watch it in isolation, with the cast put on it by a website with an obvious agenda. This is precisely the point I was making earlier, and why a great many keyboard warriors who claim to have done their research have in fact done no such thing.
Old 17-10-2022, 18:24   #2227
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Ramrod has a golden aura

Quote:
I will, when I have time to explore it fully and in context. I have no plans to watch it in isolation, with the cast put on it by a website with an obvious agenda.
Please do. It's from GB news. It's interviewing a vaccine damaged BBC reporter. Also discusses the young BBC presenter who died due to the jab.
Old 18-10-2022, 08:59   #2228
jonbxx
cf.mega poster

Services: VM VIP Pack
jonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appeal
jonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appeal

Quote:

Did you watch the clip?
Pretty startling if true. The report gives a figure of 145,086,498 doses given and 1,511,966 side effects reported which is pretty much 1%. If the actual figure is 100 times this, then everyone is getting side effects. I agree that there will be underreporting for the common already noted side effects such as fever, fatigue and headaches. If anything, there will be a bias towards more severe side effects being reported.

You can only work with the data you have of course. The Yellow Card scheme is not a clinical trial level of data collection as it relies on active reporting. However, it does give a guide to what is happening in the field.

I did watch the clip. She is claiming that the vaccine caused her issues. That may or may not have been the case. If it was, that is a terrible thing for her but all the evidence points to this type of side effect being very rare. No drug is without risk but that risk needs to be balanced against the clinical need.

No one is hiding the potential side effects of these vaccines, a leaflet was handed out at the time of administration. The Yellow Card scheme is useful to highlight rare but serious side effects that only are seen when the pool of people having the vaccine gets much larger.
jonbxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2022, 09:15   #2229
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Even if you did believe the yellow scheme is underreported to the tune of 99% or whatever then you also need to assume that every other regulatory body across Europe and the Western world, i.e ones we trust, are wrong too. America, Germany, France, Japan, Canada, Australia.....
Damien is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2022, 09:18   #2230
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden aura

Quote:
I will, when I have time to explore it fully and in context. I have no plans to watch it in isolation, with the cast put on it by a website with an obvious agenda. This is precisely the point I was making earlier, and why a great many keyboard warriors who claim to have done their research have in fact done no such thing.
Old 18-10-2022, 11:49   #2231
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Ramrod has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
Even if you did believe the yellow scheme is underreported to the tune of 99% or whatever then you also need to assume that every other regulatory body across Europe and the Western world, i.e ones we trust, are wrong too. America, Germany, France, Japan, Canada, Australia.....
That seems to be the case.
edit: and the underreporting isn't what I believe. I was taught it 30+ years ago and current literature states the same.

Last edited by Ramrod; 18-10-2022 at 11:58.
Ramrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2022, 11:57   #2232
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
That seems to be the case.
And that’s the essence of the conspiracy theory mindset. You pick your conclusion, then make the facts fit. No matter how bonkers the results.
Old 18-10-2022, 12:24   #2233
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Please do. It's from GB news. It's interviewing a vaccine damaged BBC reporter. Also discusses the young BBC presenter who died due to the jab.
GB News doesn't have a good reputation on the Covid front
https://www.theguardian.com/media/20...ark-steyn-show

But the key thing is surely the statitical significance - two people out of a UK population of 65m is a low number.
1andrew1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2022, 12:40   #2234
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
GB News doesn't have a good reputation on the Covid front
https://www.theguardian.com/media/20...ark-steyn-show

But the key thing is surely the statitical significance - two people out of a UK population of 65m is a low number.
Are you saying the guardian does?

Lmfao. I trust GB News a lot more than that hard lefty rag, I wouldn’t mop up cat piss with.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2022, 12:42   #2235
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

I think it's up to the individual to consume information from all corners and decide for themselves.