Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | FIFA World Cup 2010 South Africa

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

FIFA World Cup 2010 South Africa

Old 15-06-2010, 19:53   #196
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Re: FIFA World Cup 2010 South Africa

Everyone to their own, I always used to be Castle girl myself but can;t seem to get it in this country anymore.. Only saving grace is that Tesco's now sells VB which is another favourite of mine. But at heart I'm a Single malt Whiskey fan (the peatier the better)

Now back on topic
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 15-06-2010, 20:04   #197
danielf
cf.mega poser

danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura
danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura

North Korea are starting to look like a big banana peel...
Old 15-06-2010, 21:16   #198
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

I'm thinking Brazil are playing pants.

---------- Post added at 21:16 ---------- Previous post was at 20:51 ----------

N. Korea has scored against Brazil, 2-1 to Brazil.

STAY AT HOME: I found out that mum will never walk again as the coronavirus attacked her nervous system. She died on September 30th.
Hom3r is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2010, 21:26   #199
punky
Inactive

punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura
punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocDutch View Post
they probably have guns underneath their outfits......

also what a silly silly man Robbie Earle is....
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertain...s/10322048.stm

what happend is that a group of Dutch ladies went to the game in dress (ladies in question they have a tiny logo of Bavaria on their outfit which as its Fifa doesnt look good for them as the brewery isnt on their "Sponsors list" and have been arrested on behalf of FIFA.
There's a logo?

I demand more pictures so I can fully investigate this matter.
punky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2010, 21:29   #200
DocDutch
argh

Services: full house package
DocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronze
DocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronze

must've been the Brazil c team playing... didnt see any of the really big names in the team or havent they got anybody left really.
DocDutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2010, 23:48   #201
danielf
cf.mega poser

danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by punky View Post
There's a logo?

I demand more pictures so I can fully investigate this matter.
Apparently, there's no logo on the dresses, but they've been at it before and, at least in Holland, everyone knows what the score is.

For your enjoyment, there's quite a funny video here.
Old 16-06-2010, 02:04   #202
frogstamper
Inactive

Services: VIP
frogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronze
frogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronze
Re: the vuvuzelas'

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
Peace at last? Quite possibly as the BBC says 'we can silence the vuvuzelas'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz0qtpgWoVt

is this constant drone driving you nuts ? the football has been on constantly in my house and this noise is driving me nuts .im surprised any one can concentrate of playing football with this dreadful din

what do you think of it ???
In the link you gave papa one South African was saying that the horn was to SA, as the rattle to England and the flares to Italy, the flaw in this argument is that neither the flares or rattle, which went out in the 60's IIRC, impeach on anybody elses enjoyment of the game.
As mentioned above by Daniel if the SA's want these horns then go mad at their games, I certainly don't see the need to blow them at every single game for the entire 90mins.
I just hope these things are a fad and are not introduced into our game in England...blimey you can tell when you are getting older, I seem to be turning into my father.

---------- Post added at 02:04 ---------- Previous post was at 01:57 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocDutch View Post
they probably have guns underneath their outfits......

also what a silly silly man Robbie Earle is....

what happend is that a group of Dutch ladies went to the game in dress (ladies in question they have a tiny logo of Bavaria on their outfit which as its Fifa doesnt look good for them as the brewery isnt on their "Sponsors list" and have been arrested on behalf of FIFA.
Are there "any" less than gorgeous women in Holland?
frogstamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2010, 12:56   #203
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Barry to start against Algeria

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...10/8743560.stm
Old 16-06-2010, 13:33   #204
danielf
cf.mega poser

Fifa acts after ambush marketing by Dutch brewery

Quote:
Fifa is considering legal action against a Dutch brewery it accuses of using women fans to advertise its beer at the World Cup.

Stewards ejected 36 Dutch supporters from Monday's match between the Netherlands and Denmark midway through the second half in Johannesburg.

All were dressed identically in tightly hugging short orange dresses, sold as part of a gift pack by a Dutch brewery.
Quote:
Bavaria board member Peer Swinkels told Reuters news agency that Fifa's reaction was "ridiculous".

"Fifa does not have the monopoly on orange and people have the freedom to wear what they want," he said.
Should be interesting. Apparently, some 100,000 of these dresses have already been sold. I wonder if FIFA will do the same as 4 years ago, when some people wore orange lederhosen that (unlike these dresses) had BAVARIA on them. Fans were ordered to take them off, and some watched the game in their underwear...
Old 16-06-2010, 13:40   #205
Acathla
cf.mega poster

Acathla has reached the bronze age
Acathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze age

And it turns out Robbie Earle's sacking from ITV was a result of these Dutch 'beauties' have tickets from his allocation.

Acathla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2010, 13:44   #206
Kymmy
Inactive

Yep, same link as DocDutch gaveout in http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/35041438-post189.html
Old 16-06-2010, 16:09   #207
danielf
cf.mega poser

Oh dear. Switzerland go 1-0 up against Spain...
Old 16-06-2010, 16:32   #208
Kymmy
Inactive

I think gone are the days when the big teams are assured a win against the smaller teams
Old 16-06-2010, 17:13   #209
DocDutch
argh

Services: full house package
DocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronze
DocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronze

wtf is happening... Spain lost how??? Brazil okay probably with their C team only put 2 goals into NK with getting 1 in their own net, none of the big clubs are playing that well other then the germans.
DocDutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2010, 17:31   #210
Niles Crane
Inactive

Niles Crane has reached the bronze age
Niles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze age

That wasn't a Brazil C team, it's just Brazil under Dunga aren't the free flowing, beautiful game team which Brazil are reknowned for.

Like i've said before; minnows in international football are a rarity nowadays. The gap has closed and thank goodness.
Niles Crane is offline   Reply With Quote