Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | [Merged] The Football Thread 2005/2006 Season

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

[Merged] The Football Thread 2005/2006 Season
Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2005, 12:32   #196
yesman

Re: The Football Thread 2005/2006 Season

The Government believes the Office of Fair Trading will wish to consider whether the takeover of Manchester United by the US billionaire Malcolm Glazer raises any competition concerns, it emerged today, amid new concerns about the future of the club.

Link

Here's hoping they find something, but somehow I doubt it.

Advertisement
Old 08-06-2005, 14:26   #197
Mal
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media
Mal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny star
Mal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny star

Lee Bowyer to appear in court over that fight
Old 08-06-2005, 14:48   #198
nffc
cf.mega poster

Services: Freeview, Sky+, 100 Mb/s VM BB, mega i7 PC, iPhone 13, Macbook Air
nffc has a nice shiny star
nffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny star

Kewell is suing Lineker for defamation (it's on BBC, CBA to copy the link)

Defamation my arse...

Old 08-06-2005, 14:52   #199
Mal
Inactive

Mal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by nffc

Defamation my arse...
Link
Old 08-06-2005, 14:53   #200
nffc
cf.mega poster

nffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal
Quote:

Defamation my arse...
Link
Cheerz. :p

Old 08-06-2005, 18:37   #201
yesman

Latest Score: 35 mins

Denmark 0-0 England BBC 2

Old 08-06-2005, 19:08   #202
yesman

Denmark 0-1 England 52 mins

Old 08-06-2005, 19:17   #203
nffc
cf.mega poster

yorkie

and to think we couldn't watch teh arrival of Murray on teh tennis scene coz of that dross

Old 08-06-2005, 19:29   #204
Marge
Inactive

Marge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny stars
Marge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
yorkie

and to think we couldn't watch teh arrival of Murray on teh tennis scene coz of that dross
please change the subject, tis getting very boring seeing that comment every other post
Old 08-06-2005, 20:16   #205
nffc
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marge
Quote:
yorkie

please change the subject, tis getting very boring seeing that comment every other post
I did actually watch the first game. The level of skill was poor, the level of general play was poor, etc etc.

If that's the pinnacle I hate to think what the leagues are like.

I was being open-minded, but tbh, it's not a patch on the mens game.

As you were...

Old 08-06-2005, 20:38   #206
homealone

Quote:
I did actually watch the first game. The level of skill was poor, the level of general play was poor, etc etc.

As you were...
then again, I would rather watch a game played badly, by Women, with honesty & passion, than one by Men, where they let their cynicism overcome their skill - I'm bored with the cheating in football & don't watch much, now....

Old 08-06-2005, 21:23   #207
nffc
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by homealone
Quote:

As you were...
then again, I would rather watch a game played badly, by Women, with honesty & passion, than one by Men, where they let their cynicism overcome their skill - I'm bored with the cheating in football & don't watch much, now....
I'm not a fan of the cheating etc either (except of course when I'm in the area with the ball ) but even so- despite it being the pinnacle of the game the quality's still worse than Forest. In the professional men's game, even in the conference these teams would get mullered.

The whole shebang merely serves to endorse my (sexist?) view that football is like yorkie (ie not for girls). fair enough, if you don't think so, but that's what I think and I'm trying to be as constructive as poss

As for it taking airtime off Murray's win... well, thank **** for freeview and streaming net videos!

Old 10-06-2005, 00:49   #208
yesman

And so it starts, US tycoon Malcolm Glazer's plans for Manchester United reportedly include costlier tickets and spending limit of £25m a year net on player transfers. Link

Old 10-06-2005, 00:59   #209
Mal
Inactive

Angry Re: The Football Thread 2005/2006 Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesman
And so it starts, US tycoon Malcolm Glazer's plans for Manchester United reportedly include costlier tickets and spending limit of £25m a year net on player transfers. Link
Also this about Sir Bobby Charlton being removed from the board. After all he does for Utd, off the field, in promoting them.
Old 10-06-2005, 10:07   #210
gazzae
Inactive

gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze
gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze

Breaking News.......

Quote:
From FIFA, EUFA, FAâ₠¬Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¦ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢à ¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚¬Ã‚¦. Breaking Newsââ‚ ¬Ã‚¦Ã¢â Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚Â¬Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¦ÃƒÆ ’¢â‚¬Ã⠀šÃ‚¦..
GMT. 16.15. London England, FA Headquarters.

Champions League Announcement 2005/06 Season.

Only 4 Teams from England will qualify for the 2005/06 Champions League, those teams are:

Chelsea
Arsenal
Man Utd
Everton

However there will be a special dispensation for Liverpool, the current holders of the cup, see below for details.

Liverpool will be allowed into the competition next Season, they can by-pass the qualifying round, and go straight into the group section.

Only the top two from each group will be allowed to progress to the next stages. However, see below.

If Liverpool finish 3rd in their respective group they will be allowed to continue to the next stages, the knock-out rounds, because they are the holders of the cup.

All teams who enter the knock-out stages will be eliminated if they are beaten over the two legs, however, see below.

If Liverpool get beat over the 2 games in the knock-out stages, they will be allowed to continue in the competition because they are the current champions, and have won the cup an impressive five times.

This rule has been changed to make the Champions League a more fair and just competition, this rule will be valid throughout the knock-out stages, and will not, NOT be effective for the final, however, see belowââ‚ƚ¬Ã‚¦.

If Liverpool get into next seasons final they may or may not be allowed to win/lose, even if they get beat by the other team, but in the event of a tie, or if they score more goals than their opponents, they will be allowed to lift the famous trophy, no extra time or penalties will be allowed, in the unfortunate event of the other team winning, we will again sit and adjudicate on whether or not this will be allowed, as they are the holders, our committee should grant them the cup, as we have granted them a place in the 2005/06 competition.

So congratulations go out Liverpool, champions of Europe, 1977, 78, 82, 84, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 etcââ‚Âà ‚¬Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¦..

Reuters London

David Davies.

FA Chairman
Closed Thread