Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Formula 1 2010 Season [may contain real time spoilers]

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Formula 1 2010 Season [may contain real time spoilers]

Old 17-12-2009, 11:54   #196
webcrawler2050
Inactive

Services: TiVo 110MB BB Phone Line
webcrawler2050 has reached the bronze age
webcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze age
Send a message via MSN to webcrawler2050
Re: Formula 1 2010 Season [may contain real time spoilers]

Yup, again, adding some more fire in next years season! Damm it's going to be one hella season!
webcrawler2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 17-12-2009, 12:18   #197
sherer
Inactive

sherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of society

Quote:
Originally Posted by webcrawler2050 View Post
Yup, again, adding some more fire in next years season! Damm it's going to be one hella season!
trouble is they say that every year. The new rules last year were meant to lead to more overtaking and that didn't happen and with the same rules next year I think things will be the same.

It does make me laugh on other forums. People are saying the cars will explode as they have more fuel on board now
sherer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2009, 12:26   #198
webcrawler2050
Inactive

webcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze age

I don't know. I am more interested how things will pan out between a variety of teams. Brawn, McLaren, Lotus, F1 racing etc etc
Old 17-12-2009, 12:26   #199
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherer View Post
trouble is they say that every year. The new rules last year were meant to lead to more overtaking and that didn't happen and with the same rules next year I think things will be the same.

It does make me laugh on other forums. People are saying the cars will explode as they have more fuel on board now
Yep, hence as I said you;ll probably get the same.. That is 3-4 teams dominating and the rest following the pack, then half way through the season the rest catch up and someone else dominates for a bit

As for exploding cars oh what little memories they have..pity they've also not got the variable boost turbos that would eat the fuel and cause the usual coasting to a stop on the last lap
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2009, 12:32   #200
sherer
Inactive

sherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of society

I suspect we will have a red and silver car ( or whatever colour McLaren use) at the front with Red Bull and Mercedes close behind. Be nice to have a four way battles all season long and hopefully get some overtaking on the track too
Old 17-12-2009, 13:37   #201
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

I reckon that Schuey will be in the second Merc Brawn car.

Even though he'll be 41 I reckon that he'll give them a run for the money.

When he had a chance to stand in for Massa he lit the fire and it need a F1 race to quence it.

I would love to see Lewis take on Schuey

STAY AT HOME: I found out that mum will never walk again as the coronavirus attacked her nervous system. She died on September 30th.
Hom3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2009, 13:42   #202
webcrawler2050
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
I reckon that Schuey will be in the second Merc Brawn car.

Even though he'll be 41 I reckon that he'll give them a run for the money.

When he had a chance to stand in for Massa he lit the fire and it need a F1 race to quence it.

I would love to see Lewis take on Schuey
I would love this too! I would kill to see that! I am deffo going to Silverstone next year! Hell yeah!! Anyone else want to go?

Lewis vs Schui will be one hella fight..
Old 17-12-2009, 15:11   #203
hedgie
cf.geek

Services: Phone, 360 + two mini boxes, Hub 5.
hedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by webcrawler2050 View Post
I don't know. I am more interested how things will pan out between a variety of teams. Brawn, McLaren, Lotus, F1 racing etc etc
Lotus and Virgin are both headed up by Airline owners and guess what, an offline bet as to which "airline F1 team" will finish higher in the table. The forefeit is for the looser to act as a stewardess at the reciprocal airline !

http://www.lotusf1racing.my/article/...Challenge.html

M
hedgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2009, 17:48   #204
webcrawler2050
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedgie View Post
Lotus and Virgin are both headed up by Airline owners and guess what, an offline bet as to which "airline F1 team" will finish higher in the table. The forefeit is for the looser to act as a stewardess at the reciprocal airline !

http://www.lotusf1racing.my/article/...Challenge.html

M
Hahaha thats going to be interesting
Old 18-12-2009, 18:46   #205
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Michael Schumacher has told Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo he is planning a comeback with Mercedes.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...ne/8420601.stm
Old 18-12-2009, 19:08   #206
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

I reckon there won't be many F1 drivers who don't want to see Schuey back.

STAY AT HOME: I found out that mum will never walk again as the coronavirus attacked her nervous system. She died on September 30th.
Hom3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2009, 22:10   #207
Flyboy
Inactive

Flyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful one

I don't think he will cut it to be honest. It's been three years, there are younger, hungrier drivers on the circuit now and he won't have the edge.
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2009, 09:55   #208
sherer
Inactive

to be honest it's all about the car these days and I think if they can give him a front running car he will do ok. The problem they had last year was they had the best car and then didn't develop it as the season went on so not sure where they will be this year
Old 21-12-2009, 14:44   #209
Matty_
cf.geek

Matty_ has reached the bronze age
Matty_ has reached the bronze ageMatty_ has reached the bronze ageMatty_ has reached the bronze ageMatty_ has reached the bronze ageMatty_ has reached the bronze ageMatty_ has reached the bronze ageMatty_ has reached the bronze age

I think next years championship is going go to either Ferrari or McLaren. Ferrari quit updating last years car quite early to concentrate on 2010 and it sounds like Mclaren have been pretty agressive.
Saying that when you throw Red-Bull and Mercedes into the mix it could well be an absolute cracker of a season.
Personally i think it`s a shame about the refueling thing, that added an extra variable which could throw a spanner in the front runners works
Matty_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2009, 14:53   #210
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

I'd rather see overtaking on the track than in the pitlane. Those that remember the days before refueling will now that it can mean a lot more exciting race especially right at the end of the race when the guy who had his boost/mixture turned up now tries to nurse his almost starved car to the finish line with everyone else catching him
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote