Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Changes to Virgin TV (2021)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Changes to Virgin TV (2021)
Closed Thread

Old 25-12-2021, 16:48   #1951
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Changes to Virgin TV (2021)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsat View Post
Still no That's TV in Oxford on VM
By the looks of things no more local TV will be added to Virgin.

In Scotland we lose local TV on Channel 159 when STV closedown STV2.

Anyway That's TV is a poor man of Local TV with only 50mins per week of local programmes (News) with a rest being That's TV Gold.

---------- Post added at 16:48 ---------- Previous post was at 16:47 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
A joke that wears thin pretty quick.
Try The One Show.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Advertisement
Old 26-12-2021, 14:11   #1952
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Local TV is mingin'
Old 26-12-2021, 15:37   #1953
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
By the looks of things no more local TV will be added to Virgin.

In Scotland we lose local TV on Channel 159 when STV closedown STV2.

Anyway That's TV is a poor man of Local TV with only 50mins per week of local programmes (News) with a rest being That's TV Gold.
I won’t be losing any sleep over that, MB. Frankly, the EPG would be easier to navigate and subscriptions lowered if VM would just ditch the channels which are not worth having.

We all have different tastes, it’s true, but the viewing figures should give you a clue as to which ones could be ditched with almost no-one noticing.
Old 26-12-2021, 15:44   #1954
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I won’t be losing any sleep over that, MB. Frankly, the EPG would be easier to navigate and subscriptions lowered if VM would just ditch the channels which are not worth having.

We all have different tastes, it’s true, but the viewing figures should give you a clue as to which ones could be ditched with almost no-one noticing.
Mine are on as favourites + Netflix . Find that they fill all the TV l need. Don't miss what I don't know about
Old 26-12-2021, 17:02   #1955
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:

Niche interests in all walks of life (not just talking about TV here) would be unviable and extinguished if not for cross-subsidising. And everyone has an interest that barely anyone else has.

Yes, I know there seems to be a lot of mediocre stuff out there, but there's also stuff that one person would call rubbish and another would call worthwhile, or even a gem.
Old 27-12-2021, 14:35   #1956
Rillington
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media, DAB
Rillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation era

It's always surprised me that all of the local channels are not on Virgin Media as one would have thought that VM would have been made to carry the official local channel so as to give these channels the widest possible distribution.
Old 27-12-2021, 16:41   #1957
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rillington View Post
It's always surprised me that all of the local channels are not on Virgin Media as one would have thought that VM would have been made to carry the official local channel so as to give these channels the widest possible distribution.
But they are dire, Rillington, and virtually no-one watches them.

Given the tiny amount of local content on these channels, you might be just as informed watching the regional news programmes on BBC and ITV.
Old 27-12-2021, 17:17   #1958
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
But they are dire, Rillington, and virtually no-one watches them.

Given the tiny amount of local content on these channels, you might be just as informed watching the regional news programmes on BBC and ITV.
Was really looking forward to it . Such a disappointment.
Old 28-12-2021, 13:11   #1959
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

I've seen every season of NCIS up to 18, but Di$ney pulled Fox and has hidden it on their premium subscription service, something I cannot justify the cost.

It will be cheaper to wait to buy it on Blu-Ray.

STAY AT HOME: I found out that mum will never walk again as the coronavirus attacked her nervous system. She died on September 30th.
Old 28-12-2021, 13:29   #1960
Aguero9320
cf.addict

Services: Sky Q, Netflix, Prime, Disney+, Paramount+, Apple TV+
Aguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
I've seen every season of NCIS up to 18, but Di$ney pulled Fox and has hidden it on their premium subscription service, something I cannot justify the cost.

I’ve got Disney+ myself and is 100% worth the cost, especially if you take the £80 annual subscription. Like HBO Max in the US, Disney won’t want their originals on DVD. They want you to subscribe to their streamer. This’ll happen on a bigger scale in 2025, when the dust settles on WarnerMedia’s merger with Discovery, Warner’s contract with Sky expires and HBO Max launches.
Old 28-12-2021, 14:08   #1961
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:

It's made by CBS rather than Disney, so it won't necessarily be that'll never surface on a broadcast channel in the UK, especially since ViacomCBS own Channel 5 and 5USA has shown it for a long time. I think the newest season they've shown is S17. You may just need to be patient. Catch-up on VM for 5USA is HD, so long as you use VM-hosted catch-up rather than My5 App, so there's no picture quality loss.
Old 28-12-2021, 15:04   #1962
TimeLord2018
cf.geek

TimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really nice

That show appears to be the exception Fox (Disney) had lifetime first run rights to NCIS so that appears to be why it's going Disney+ despite being owned by ViacomCBS, Sky have acquired Bull and the final season of NCIS:New Orleans from ViacomCBS.

Sky i believe acquired The Rookie in Germany from EOne when Fox over there closed at the end of September.

Last edited by TimeLord2018; 28-12-2021 at 15:13. Reason: Added..
Old 28-12-2021, 15:57   #1963
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:

Or maybe cancel your TV subscription and put your savings into streamers. That’s the way we’re going, like it or not.

Just sayin’…
Old 28-12-2021, 16:01   #1964
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Or maybe cancel your TV subscription and put your savings into streamers. That’s the way we’re going, like it or not.

Just sayin’…
Seems a bit drastic for one programme.

Just sayin’…
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 28-12-2021, 16:09   #1965
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Seems a bit drastic for one programme.

Just sayin’…
If only that was the only example, Hugh. Look at all the TV channels that have closed in the last year with the associated programmes migrated to streamers.

Added to that, most originals are being shown on the streamers these days. TV channels are still accessible through Freeview and Now TV.