Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]
View Poll Results: Will you be opting out of the Virgin Ad Deal?
Yes, Definitely. 958 95.51%
No, I am quite happy to share my surfing habits with anyone. 45 4.49%
Voters: 1003. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 31-03-2008, 09:46   #1921
AlexanderHanff
Permanently Banned

AlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful one
Re: Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

Good morning PhormUKPRTeam I see you lurking there in the "Currently Active Users" list. Concerned that the only activity on the markets this morning so far has been people dumping stock at even lower prices than last week? Lets see what your shareholders do if we manage to get a court injunction to prevent your "technology" from being deployed shall we

I hope it is raining where you are today.

Alexander Hanff
Advertisement
Old 31-03-2008, 09:50   #1922
lucevans
Inactive

lucevans is a glorious beacon of lightlucevans is a glorious beacon of lightlucevans is a glorious beacon of lightlucevans is a glorious beacon of lightlucevans is a glorious beacon of lightlucevans is a glorious beacon of lightlucevans is a glorious beacon of light

Does anyone know why it's all gone quiet regarding Phorm? The Reg hasn't had a story for a while, PRTeam have gone home and even the comms the BT Beta support site are just going round in circles now. Could it be because people who were surveilled last July by BT/Phorm have started legal proceedings and so aren't allowed to discuss it?

In the absence of any other news, Phorm's shares opened down 3.6% again this morning

[EDIT] Alexander - you obviously type faster than me

I suspect the PRs are lurking to get the heads-up when that injunction flies...
Old 31-03-2008, 10:04   #1923
AlexanderHanff
Permanently Banned

AlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucevans View Post
Does anyone know why it's all gone quiet regarding Phorm? The Reg hasn't had a story for a while, PRTeam have gone home and even the comms the BT Beta support site are just going round in circles now. Could it be because people who were surveilled last July by BT/Phorm have started legal proceedings and so aren't allowed to discuss it?

In the absence of any other news, Phorm's shares opened down 3.6% again this morning
Trust me, there is stuff going on, I am just working out some finer points on a few things myself at the moment as discussed over the weekend. It's going to be a fun week for most, although I am sure Phorm might not be too happy by the end of it.

PhormUKPRteam must be reading the last 10 pages of posts or something, although until now given their complete inability to address the public's concerns and demands, I had assumed they couldn't actually read and could only ctrl+c and ctrl+v but maybe I was wrong

Alexander Hanff

---------- Post added at 10:01 ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 ----------

Tell you what though, I would absolutely love to be a fly on the wall at the Phorm board meetings over the last couple of weeks. I have never seen a fly laugh hysterically before but I expect that is exactly what they must be doing. Oh to be a fly...

---------- Post added at 10:03 ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 ----------

Awww PhormUKPRTeam left maybe they exceeded their cut'n'paste bandwidth quota last week?

---------- Post added at 10:04 ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 ----------

Can you tell I am really bored and waiting for 54GB of data to backup from a 5400rpm laptop hard drive to the file server?
Old 31-03-2008, 10:09   #1924
lucevans
Inactive

lucevans is a glorious beacon of lightlucevans is a glorious beacon of lightlucevans is a glorious beacon of lightlucevans is a glorious beacon of lightlucevans is a glorious beacon of lightlucevans is a glorious beacon of lightlucevans is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexanderHanff View Post
I had assumed they couldn't actually read and could only ctrl+c and ctrl+v but maybe I was wrong
That should come in handy for the job applications they'll be filling in soon...

---------- Post added at 10:09 ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexanderHanff View Post
Awww PhormUKPRTeam left maybe they exceeded their cut'n'paste bandwidth quota last week?
Knowing how tech-savvy they are , they've probably only just realized we can see they're here if they're logged in I'm sure they just hate the feeling that we're spying on them...
(Oh - did the number of guests just increase by one? )
Old 31-03-2008, 10:10   #1925
AlexanderHanff
Permanently Banned

Naaah same number of guests.
Old 31-03-2008, 11:59   #1926
patinstoke
Inactive

patinstoke is an unknown quantity at this point

I got a reply from Liz Lynne MEP this morning telling me she has written to Baroness Ashton of Upholland, the Minister responsible for Information rights and Data protection, and also to Ofcom. She will write to me when she gets a reply. Still no word back from my mp though
Old 31-03-2008, 12:48   #1927
dav
Inactive

dav is a glorious beacon of lightdav is a glorious beacon of lightdav is a glorious beacon of lightdav is a glorious beacon of lightdav is a glorious beacon of lightdav is a glorious beacon of lightdav is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucevans View Post

Knowing how tech-savvy they are , they've probably only just realized we can see they're here if they're logged in I'm sure they just hate the feeling that we're spying on them...
(Oh - did the number of guests just increase by one? )

Very funny...oh, look, here they are again
Old 31-03-2008, 13:02   #1928
OF1975
Inactive

OF1975 will become famous soon enoughOF1975 will become famous soon enoughOF1975 will become famous soon enough

Just checked the petition site again and so far I guess its a matter of no news is good news. So far the new petition doesnt seem to have been accepted but I cant find a record of it being rejected either.
Old 31-03-2008, 13:07   #1929
Ravenheart
Inactive

Ravenheart has a bronzed appealRavenheart has a bronzed appeal
Ravenheart has a bronzed appealRavenheart has a bronzed appealRavenheart has a bronzed appeal

I too wrote to Liz Lynne who is one of my MEP's, not had a reply yet, but the fact that some ministers are talking about it is a positive.

We can't ease off, we have to keep the pressure on all those parties involved with the whole Phorm spyware deals.
Old 31-03-2008, 13:39   #1930
OF1975
Inactive

OF1975 will become famous soon enoughOF1975 will become famous soon enoughOF1975 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenheart View Post
{ snip }

We can't ease off, we have to keep the pressure on all those parties involved with the whole Phorm spyware deals.
Agreed. As my own MP has not responded whatsoever to my letter to him I am considering starting writing to individual ministers instead. Usually they recommend that your first port of call should be your own MP or MEPs etc but as my mp has not responded in any way, and its now been 10 days since I wrote, it may be time to consider alternative options.

So far one MEP has responded to the points I raised and another of my MEPs responded saying they were passing my letter on to one of her colleagues as they have an informal agreement where she is responsible for everything south of the M62 and Humber Estuary while her colleague takes everything North of those points. She assured me I should have a response shortly but as of yet I have heard nothing from him.
Old 31-03-2008, 13:55   #1931
unicus
Inactive

unicus is an unknown quantity at this point

I am so aghast at VM et al. to have even contemplated getting in to bed with Phorm that I have joined CF (after lurking for a long time) and I've also emailed my MP. He is usually good at responding and having previously worked in IT he should have a better understanding than most MP's of the technical aspects of what Phorm do.

Other ISP's should capitalize on this issue with a slogan like " We have form not Phorm"

Now I'm off to see how much the subscription to Anonymouse.org is...
Old 31-03-2008, 14:17   #1932
OF1975
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by unicus View Post
I am so aghast at VM et al. to have even contemplated getting in to bed with Phorm that I have joined CF (after lurking for a long time) and I've also emailed my MP. He is usually good at responding and having previously worked in IT he should have a better understanding than most MP's of the technical aspects of what Phorm do
to cableforum unicus.

In any letters you send to MPs or other organisations remember to put in the letter that you intend to publish their response on this and other forums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unicus View Post
Other ISP's should capitalize on this issue with a slogan like " We have form not Phorm"

Now I'm off to see how much the subscription to Anonymouse.org is...
There is a list of Phorm-free ISPs somewhere but I cant remember where off the top of my head. Am sure someone will be along with the link.
Old 31-03-2008, 14:29   #1933
none
Inactive

none is just really nicenone is just really nicenone is just really nicenone is just really nicenone is just really nicenone is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by OF1975 View Post
There is a list of Phorm-free ISPs somewhere but I cant remember where off the top of my head. Am sure someone will be along with the link.

http://phormwatch.blogspot.com/

http://www.badphorm.co.uk/e107_plugi...ewforum.php?11

http://www.antiphormleague.com/isp.php

Personally id recommend Aquiss, they have been very vocal about having nothing to do with Phorm - http://forums.aquiss.net/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3457 , plus I've used them in the past and have always found them to provide a first class service
Old 31-03-2008, 14:31   #1934
OF1975
Inactive

Thanks None

Saved me from the trouble of finding the links.

Share price down another 4.6% today. Makes me think of limbo dancing where you see how low you can go under a horizontal bar. Phorm, how low can your share price go? Answers on a postcard to PhormPRTeam!
Old 31-03-2008, 16:23   #1935
CaptJamieHunter
Inactive

CaptJamieHunter will become famous soon enoughCaptJamieHunter will become famous soon enoughCaptJamieHunter will become famous soon enough

They're lurking again.

Just thought I'd remind PhormUKPRteam and everyone else that I'm still awaiting responses from Ian Woodham (VM Group Data Protection Officer), Neil Berkett (VM CEO) and the office of Sir Beardy himself, Sir Richard Branson. If/when they do come they will be posted here.
Closed Thread