Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Football Season 2010/2011

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Football Season 2010/2011

Old 22-05-2011, 22:26   #1906
superbiatch
Inactive

Services: Sky+, Sky Broadband and Talk
superbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny star
superbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to superbiatch
Re: Football Season 2010/2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by iadom View Post
Well I'm off on a two week Med. cruise on Saturday, will have to watch the Champions League final on board.

Third port of call is Barcelona, might have to wear my Oldham Athletic shirt instead of my Man U one that day, it all depends on the result.
Nice! Have fun

Do pay a trip to Camp Nou if you have time, looks fab on the tv but in real life i was suprised it hasn't fallen down! Much like the rest of Barca, everything is half finished
superbiatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 22-05-2011, 22:29   #1907
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Demon UK View Post
Are you sure you're not mistaking the Rooney chant for boos? It sounded good in the stadium
I didn't hear Boos. Just sounded a muted reception compared to some of the other players. I was wondering if they were holding back given his conduct earlier this season.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2011, 06:57   #1908
Mal
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media
Mal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny star
Mal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
I didn't hear Boos. Just sounded a muted reception compared to some of the other players. I was wondering if they were holding back given his conduct earlier this season.
To me, it sounded like he got the same reception as everyone else and I watched it on tv.
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2011, 09:52   #1909
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Services: 2 TV 360 boxes. 500mb BB, Phone line.
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbiatch View Post
Nice! Have fun

Do pay a trip to Camp Nou if you have time, looks fab on the tv but in real life i was suprised it hasn't fallen down! Much like the rest of Barca, everything is half finished
This will be our third cruise visit to Barca in the past couple of years, done the Camp Nou and the aquarium etc.

It was heaven to be sat in Las Ramblas enjoying a cool beer and listening to Micheal Owen scoring in 'Fergie time' last season against Man City.

I have kept putting it off but I suppose the wife will finally get to drag me round some half finished church that is supposed to be a 'must see'

As for Rooneys reception it sounds just as good on TV as any other to me.
iadom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2011, 11:06   #1910
Shadow Demon UK
Inactive

Shadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appeal
Shadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
I haven't watched it on tv yet, but it sounded the same as everyone elses to me but I could be wrong.
Shadow Demon UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2011, 16:28   #1911
Julian
Oh When The Saints!!

Julian has a nice shiny starJulian has a nice shiny starJulian has a nice shiny star
Julian has a nice shiny starJulian has a nice shiny star

Some lovely photos in The Mail of players celebrating
Old 23-05-2011, 16:31   #1912
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Talking Re: Football Season 2010/2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbiatch View Post
I'm gutted, he provided me with no end of hysterical belly laughs in his interviews

Blimmin eck Chelsea didn't waste any time did they?! FGS what do they want (oh yeh the prem league title, champions league etc etc). Just to reiterate one of the great shankly sayings "first is first, second is nothing". Lets see if abramowich's cheque book can buy him a miracle worker.

Well thats the close on another season, what will i do for the next few weeks
Watch ladies football.
denphone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2011, 19:30   #1913
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonRoad View Post
It wasn't too long ago that the ENGLISH FA were happy to stage the final of major tournaments on Welsh soil
We rented the stadium for a tenner.
adzii_nufc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2011, 11:55   #1914
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Congrats to Fulham who got the final Europa place due to the fair play table

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13492544.stm
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2011, 12:05   #1915
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

Just think, this Europa League, used to EUFA cup, which used to be welcome each year, but is now made a mockery by some clubs and they put out second string side.
Arthurgray50@blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2011, 12:24   #1916
Pog66
Inactive

Services: SKY HD+, BT BB
Pog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
Just think, this Europa League, used to EUFA cup, which used to be welcome each year, but is now made a mockery by some clubs and they put out second string side.
True - but then the Champions League was only for Champions therefore bith the cup winners & UEFA cups held more weight

I think it is largely only English clubs that put out second string teams
Pog66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2011, 21:41   #1917
Shadow Demon UK
Inactive

Shadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appeal

Kolo Toure gets a six month ban for taking drugs..... unbelievable
Old 26-05-2011, 21:45   #1918
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

they were water tablets.. surprised he even got 6 months
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2011, 21:49   #1919
Shadow Demon UK
Inactive

Yeah, i'm sure they were...

8 months for missing a test, 6 months for taking drugs. Sounds about right for the FA.
Old 26-05-2011, 21:50   #1920
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Demon UK View Post
Kolo Toure gets a six month ban for taking drugs..... unbelievable
He admitted it, the mistake seemed genuine, it wasn't really much of a performance enhancing drug. In fact, it was performing enhancing at all it just happened that one of the ingredients could have been considered so in much large doses. 6 months seems harsh.

Ferdinand only got 8 months for missing a test...
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote