Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Rate the last movie you saw

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Film & Cinema
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Rate the last movie you saw

Old 11-07-2008, 17:11   #1891
Angua
10 yrs same company 😁

Services: ? BB, basic phone. Share of Disney+
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars
re: Rate the last movie you saw

Forbidden Kingdom 8/10, good angle on the original Monkey series
Angua is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 12-07-2008, 17:21   #1892
kangaroosterrier
Inactive

kangaroosterrier will become famous soon enoughkangaroosterrier will become famous soon enoughkangaroosterrier will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
Utter classic movie.

"How can you trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders? The man can't even trust his own pants!"
Henry Fonda was brilliant--excellent actor. Did enough westerns for my liking too. Loved his and Kirk Douglas' subversive camaraderie in There's A Crooked Man, another great western though not in the same style as Sergio Leone's. I haven't seen it in at least 8 years. Must do so soon.

Last movie I saw was with my father this afternoon: Papillon. We'd seen it together at least ten times before. 9/10 if you've never read the book. 7/10 if you have.
kangaroosterrier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2008, 11:39   #1893
sir_drinks_alot
Inactive

Services: WNYC
sir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze age
sir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze age

Alone with her movie about a stalker played by colin hanks puts spy cameras in a young woman's house or rigs him self up to film her when thay are out and about all the POV is done through the spy cameras very claverly shot movie wish there was more like this around

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0472259/
sir_drinks_alot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2008, 22:07   #1894
Mr_love_monkey
Inactive

Services: Sarcasm
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars

Be kind - rewind.

If they'd stuck to just remaking films it would have been funny, but instead they turned it into a feel good is the community great film.

3.5/10
Mr_love_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2008, 22:16   #1895
Saaf_laandon_mo
Inactive

Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star
Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star

Superbad.... super great...10 out of 10
Saaf_laandon_mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2008, 16:32   #1896
kangaroosterrier
Inactive

kangaroosterrier will become famous soon enoughkangaroosterrier will become famous soon enoughkangaroosterrier will become famous soon enough

WALL-E. 7/10.
Impressive. Pixar's got it together. Reminded me of James Thurber's comic strip The Last Flower (A Parable In Pictures). Would have scored more but the last twenty minutes fell flat. The opening cartoon, Presto, gets 10/10 however.
kangaroosterrier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2008, 09:30   #1897
Alien
Inactive

Services: VM Phone, V+, VM 10Mb
Alien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronze
Alien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronze

Let's see, what have I watched recently....

Hancock: 8/10
Jumper: 8/10
Alien vs. Predator 2: 6/10
Evan Almighty: 6/10
Iron Man: 9/10
The Bothersome Man: 6/10 [odd Norwegian film]
Alien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2008, 20:06   #1898
kingbuxton
Inactive

Services: Virgin TV/Tinternet/Phone (Home)
kingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Forbidden Kingdom 8/10, good angle on the original Monkey series
Flies round on a cloud and takes a leak on Buddhas finger, that Monkey? Holy crap, I had no idea it was that. How close is it to the TV series?

Oh and...........Wicker Man (Cage) oh dear God. I can't even score it.
kingbuxton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2008, 23:10   #1899
Alien
Inactive

Alien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronze
Alien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingbuxton View Post
Oh and...........Wicker Man (Cage) oh dear God. I can't even score it.
I refuse to watch anything with him in it, can't stand him.
Old 19-07-2008, 00:20   #1900
kingbuxton
Inactive

Services: Virgin TV/Tinternet/Phone (Home)
kingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
I refuse to watch anything with him in it, can't stand him.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_mW8mBzmHo - go on, try it.
kingbuxton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2008, 08:06   #1901
Alien
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingbuxton View Post
Oh, I see, the old "I've had to suffer, so I want you to suffer too" strategy, eh? Sorry, not falling for it.
Old 20-07-2008, 14:48   #1902
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Quatermass and the pit.... OOOOooohhh that still gets me every time
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2008, 17:06   #1903
alferret
cf.mega poster

Services: There is no destination to life, the journey is everything!
alferret has a nice shiny star
alferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny star

Starship troopers 3 - Marauder
poor acting, poor script, poor sets, poor cgi, poor, poor, poor!!!

To me it comes across as a spoof of itself. Dire.
alferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2008, 17:48   #1904
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

WALL-E - 8/10 (it got a little saccharine towards the end, imho, but the first 80% was cracking, again imho).

If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2008, 18:10   #1905
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by alferret View Post
Starship troopers 3 - Marauder
poor acting, poor script, poor sets, poor cgi, poor, poor, poor!!!

To me it comes across as a spoof of itself. Dire.
It was better than the second one, simply cause Rico was back! But it was kind of poor.

Lost Boys: The Tribe 7/10

Overall pretty good and still got the vibe the original had plus Corey Haim reprised his role for the film.