Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Changes to Virgin TV (2021)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Changes to Virgin TV (2021)
Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2021, 10:27   #1861
Tricky Trevor
cf.geek

Services: Gig1,Ultimate Volt,Virgin 360x2, O2 mobile
Tricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of Quads
Re: Changes to Virgin TV (2021)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
Been told in the last few days by two Media Boy Sources that an well know Streaming service was set to launch on Virgin Media in November but for some reason Virgin Media did not flicked the switch.

This story is link to my story on August 4th 2021.

https://mediaboyblog.blogspot.com/20...-talks-to.html
Maybe the same people who forgot to flick the switch for Sky Sports Ultra 4K which was promised in May 2019.
Old 12-12-2021, 11:39   #1862
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Why not just wait and see ? After all there is nothing anyone here could do about it .
Old 12-12-2021, 12:49   #1863
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Services: Giganet broadband 1gbs, netflix, Peacock,HBOMAX, kodi
Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads

During 2022 VM are going to be quite aggressive in rolling out their 1gbs broadband, tbh i thought all vm customers could get it but appears not.
Also we should see the rollout of their tv streaming service on a wider scale, eventually it'll be available to anyone with decent broadband speeds (key word eventually).
This is just stuff that came into work last week, as from Thursday we have been working from home finally decent coffee again lol, and we'll break up on Friday 17th for Christmas so not sure if anything else will come in now.
Old 12-12-2021, 13:07   #1864
Carth
cf.mega poster

Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array

What is classed as 'decent broadband speeds' for streaming?
Old 12-12-2021, 14:22   #1865
Richardr
cf.addict

Services: V6, Full House, Broadband
Richardr is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendkiller2k View Post
During 2022 VM are going to be quite aggressive in rolling out their 1gbs broadband, tbh i thought all vm customers could get it but appears not.
They issued a NASDAQ stock exchange release stating that they had fully rolled it out:

https://www.libertyglobal.com/virgin...upgrade-in-uk/
Old 12-12-2021, 14:42   #1866
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richardr View Post
They issued a NASDAQ stock exchange release stating that they had fully rolled it out:

https://www.libertyglobal.com/virgin...upgrade-in-uk/
Could mean they're connecting new properties, expanding etc then, the doc doesn't say too much.

---------- Post added at 14:42 ---------- Previous post was at 14:42 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carth View Post
This is only my opinion but 20mbs+ for me
Old 12-12-2021, 14:52   #1867
Carth
cf.mega poster

Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendkiller2k View Post

This is only my opinion but 20mbs+ for me
right, so a 100Mb speed is fine, I've no need to got to 1Gig and the extra costs
Old 12-12-2021, 15:15   #1868
Media Boy UK
My post info may change

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Virgin Media did not launch Discovery+ last month.

I can now reveal that Discovery + was set to launch on Virgin Media in November.

No news on when it will launch.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info

Last edited by Media Boy UK; 12-12-2021 at 15:21.
Old 12-12-2021, 16:05   #1869
epsilon
cf.geek

epsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation era

There'll probably be quite a few streamers failing to launch on Virgin in the coming months. This could be the start of a trend.
Old 12-12-2021, 16:24   #1870
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Quote:
right, so a 100Mb speed is fine, I've no need to got to 1Gig and the extra costs
Depends on how many are in your household, ammount of devices connecting etc.
Most people don't need 1gbs, 100mbs is penty for most at the moment.
Old 12-12-2021, 18:56   #1871
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:

I can now reveal that Discovery + was set to launch on Virgin Media in November.

Go on have a guess ! After all it's seems to be what you are good at
Old 13-12-2021, 14:18   #1872
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Going to debunk a rumour i've seen on other forums, as it stands NBC or SKY have no intention of closing SYFY.
Old 13-12-2021, 16:17   #1873
Media Boy UK
My post info may change

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

CBBC Channel broadcasting hours will be cut by 14 hours per week from January 5th.

The BBC has confirmed that CBBC Channel will close at 7pm from January 5th ahead of the relaunch of BBC THREE on February 1st.

https://rxtvinfo.com/2021/new-year-change-to-cbbc-hours
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 13-12-2021, 17:29   #1874
Rob King
cf.addict

Services: Virgin Media Ultimate Package with M600 Broadband , 360 Box owner , Volt Mobile, + Virgin Home Phon
Rob King will become famous soon enoughRob King will become famous soon enoughRob King will become famous soon enough

Quote:

It's December did we miss something ?
Old 13-12-2021, 17:32   #1875
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob King View Post
It's December did we miss something ?
As was suggested earlier, maybe it was related to the new interface/features, so it was postponed.
https://rxtvinfo.com/2021/new-featur...date-rolls-out
Closed Thread