Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 3.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 3.
Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2012, 12:32   #166
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post

Maybe somebody could contact the BBC and see how this will effect each platforms series links.
Go on then we will let you do it mate
Advertisement
Old 11-07-2012, 13:03   #167
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

It would appear on this matter Carl is spot on , so apologies to him. I asked the question on DS forum.

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showt...7#post59478457

Seems a crazy situation for BBC One viewers.

Reading later posts on that thread it appears to be a contentious subject.
Old 11-07-2012, 14:52   #168
Media Boy UK
My post info may change

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Freeview News: Food Network to go 24/7 from July 20th.

For more to go my Freeview thread. @ http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/35451740-post41.html
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 11-07-2012, 19:34   #169
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
carlwaring has reached the bronze age
carlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze age

Hey MB.

Any chance there's a ReallyHD in the pipeline?
Old 11-07-2012, 19:45   #170
Media Boy UK
My post info may change

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlwaring View Post
Hey MB.

Have seen no info on Really HD launching any time soon.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 11-07-2012, 20:33   #171
harry_hitch
Heavens to Betsy, Bertie!

Services: TIVO, M TV, L BB, M Phone
harry_hitch has reached the bronze age
harry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Hey MB.

Seriously?!?

I believe one of their lines is "you can't make it up" Um, its a t.v station that actually shows fictional (made up) t.v. programs. I guess I am just too big a cynic of that very pointless tag line, and am taking it all too seriously.

Yet another powder puff, pointless station showing pretty pointless programs no other channel really wants or needs any more.

Still I guess it counts as content
Old 11-07-2012, 20:53   #172
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry_hitch View Post
Yet another powder puff, pointless station showing pretty pointless programs no other channel really wants or needs any more.
The 5 million people who watched it last week may disagree with you.
Old 11-07-2012, 21:19   #173
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

carlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze age

Indeed. I do only watch one show on there - Covert Affairs - but wouldn't mind it being in HD and I don't really want to have to wait the six months until WatchHD show it
Old 12-07-2012, 13:51   #174
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry_hitch View Post
Seriously?!?

I believe one of their lines is "you can't make it up" Um, its a t.v station that actually shows fictional (made up) t.v. programs. I guess I am just too big a cynic of that very pointless tag line, and am taking it all too seriously.

Still I guess it counts as content
I would prefer that staying to any music channel - ( which I never watch -surprise surprise)really how many do you need !? natural history channels, or one like E! . Having said that I rarely look at it either. But I just love Alibi In my mind music is the "count" programmes ! live and let live I guess
Old 12-07-2012, 14:11   #175
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Indeed. I do only watch one show on there - Covert Affairs - but wouldn't mind it being in HD and I don't really want to have to wait the six months until WatchHD show it
Anyyone know what Really was called before UK TV gave (stupidly IMHO) all their channels new names?

Really seems a strange place to put Covert Affairs.
Old 12-07-2012, 17:07   #176
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
Anyyone know what Really was called before UK TV gave (stupidly IMHO) all their channels new names?
UKTV Gardens. Does that help?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UKTV_Gardens
Old 12-07-2012, 17:27   #177
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
UKTV Gardens. Does that help?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UKTV_Gardens
Thanks for that Spiderplant. Interesting info.

I do like the way that various UKTV channels have started picking up US drama, that maybe otherwise would have gone to Sky. Lets hope it continues with the new 2012/13 shows. Especially as Sky has shunted two of their four recently anounced aquisitions to Atlantic.
Old 13-07-2012, 08:50   #178
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
Thanks for that Spiderplant. Interesting info.

I do like the way that various UKTV channels have started picking up US drama, that maybe otherwise would have gone to Sky. Lets hope it continues with the new 2012/13 shows. Especially as Sky has shunted two of their four recently anounced aquisitions to Atlantic.
I do like the "light weight" USA dramas scattered around the channels.
Have enough to keep me going for a while !

However as a NON user of wish lists ,what would I need to put in to find more - shall I say ones on less well known channels?

Currently watching Castle - Alibi , CSI -5 Rizolie & Isles - Warner TV
Once up on a time -5, Body of Proof- Alibi & I loved Heroes when it was on - no idea what was happening but still
TV, I watch to relax. Books are my "heavy weight" currently reading again
Hunchback of Notre Dame - Victor Hugo
Old 13-07-2012, 09:55   #179
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
However as a NON user of wish lists ,what would I need to put in to find more - shall I say ones on less well known channels?
You can't because they don't have anything in common; except maybe a genre , but even then a 'drama' WL will pick far more than "light-weight US dramas on less well-known channels"
Old 13-07-2012, 12:51   #180
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Quote:
You can't because they don't have anything in common; except maybe a genre , but even then a 'drama' WL will pick far more than "light-weight US dramas on less well-known channels"
Thanks that confirms what I thought. Rely on trips to US* & TV mags to spot them. Thought about putting in wish list(If only I could remember titles!) but so far managed to find myself *Were the boss "found " Royal Pains" & "18 Kids & counting" that led to others - wish she hadn`t but there you go.