Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2018)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2018)
Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2018, 23:06   #1771
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2018)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
The current network configuration demonstrates no such thing. It's an outright falsehood to claim that this is any kind of meaningful upper limit.

Your cupboard space analogy is even more ludicrous. Your claim would be the equivalent setting an arbitrary limit, or an imaginary line, within the cupboard and deliberately not using space beyond it.
I think we're going to have to agree to disagree on this one. Let's leave it that
Advertisement
Old 07-08-2018, 23:12   #1772
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

I fail to see how agreeing to disagree as you continue to misrepresent reality benefits any of the members of this forum.

I have proven you wrong. There is capacity for far more channels than you claim.
Old 07-08-2018, 23:20   #1773
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Time to leave it alone now as we are simply going round in circles.

On VM, channel 343 says that Vintage TV is currently off air due to a 'technical fault'.

This channel was recently removed from Freesat & Freeview and all day their satellite feed has been showing black level with tone (as has their internet stream).

Initial enquires to Sky and Vintage TV were met with people being told that they knew nothing about the channel being unavailable. Now Vintage TV are saying that, in order to make the channel as widely available as possible, the channel has been temporarily removed from Sky and VM.

Sadly, it looks like this channel could be in trouble.

Last edited by RichardCoulter; 07-08-2018 at 23:29.
Old 07-08-2018, 23:28   #1774
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

By your rationale the network now only has space for four HD channels and a single low bitrate SD channel.
Old 08-08-2018, 08:45   #1775
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden aura

How about everyone stick to the topic which is that which is coming soon to Virgin Media TV?

Last edited by Maggy; 08-08-2018 at 09:01.
Old 08-08-2018, 11:04   #1776
Barriescott
cf.member

Barriescott is an unknown quantity at this point

That’s a shame I liked vintage tv had some great late 80s early 90s indie
Old 08-08-2018, 13:05   #1777
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barriescott View Post
It's said to be coming bzck to Virgin and Sky but not to Freeview or Freesat. However, I'm not sure whether that will actually happen, but fingers crossed.
Old 08-08-2018, 13:21   #1778
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barriescott View Post
Me too, but events over the past few weeks do look like the channel is in financial trouble. They appear to be trying to explain things away as businesses do whilst trying to obtain fresh funding, so let's hope that they are successful.

It was/is one of the most popular music channels, so the decline of this genre does now seem to be having a serious impact. I imagine that the new 4K MTV channel said to be coming will focus on the channel showing programmes instead of music.

Last edited by RichardCoulter; 08-08-2018 at 13:25.
Old 08-08-2018, 13:23   #1779
1701-e
EU citizen proud of it!

Services: TV 360 Maxit TV, Gig1 bb & a landline.....
1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one
Talking Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2018)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
It's said to be coming bzck to Virgin and Sky but not to Freeview or Freesat. However, I'm not sure whether that will actually happen, but fingers crossed.
Here's hoping VM can squeeze it back in again - what with all the capacity issues
Old 08-08-2018, 14:25   #1780
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

How about everyone stick to the topic which is that which is coming soon to Virgin Media TV, and less of the jibes, please?
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 08-08-2018, 16:15   #1781
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Me too, but events over the past few weeks do look like the channel is in financial trouble. They appear to be trying to explain things away as businesses do whilst trying to obtain fresh funding, so let's hope that they are successful.

It was/is one of the most popular music channels, so the decline of this genre does now seem to be having a serious impact. I imagine that the new 4K MTV channel said to be coming will focus on the channel showing programmes instead of music.
I would have thought a 4K music channel would be popular if it concentrated on music that people actually wanted to hear. I really don't understand why some music channels have morphed into children's 'comedy', reality and soap opera programmes. MTV should be concentrating on music. Isn't that what the 'M' stands for in MTV?

If the new channel doesn't contain music in abundance, they can stick it, 4K or no!
Old 08-08-2018, 16:17   #1782
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
I would have thought a 4K music channel would be popular if it concentrated on music that people actually wanted to hear. I really don't understand why some music channels have morphed into children's 'comedy', reality and soap opera programmes. MTV should be concentrating on music. Isn't that what the 'M' stands for in MTV?

If the new channel doesn't contain music in abudance, they can stick it, 4K or no!
Instead of doing what they were set up to do its all about chasing the ratings nowadays OB.
Old 08-08-2018, 16:55   #1783
Ben B
Inactive

Ben B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze array
Ben B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
Welcome to Virgin TV has moved from Virgin UK Channel 999 to Virgin UK Channel 997.
Speaking of which, I watched it for a few seconds and noticed there was something missing from their "collection of on demand content", I wonder what it could be...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WelcomeToVirginTV.jpg (189.2 KB, 47 views)
Old 08-08-2018, 17:07   #1784
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richardcoulter;c-90853489
Vintage TV is currently off air on channel 343 due to a 'technical fault'.

Sadly, I have to concur with what omnidirectional had to say about this in another thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by omnidirectional;c-90852368
Earlier they seemed puzzled by people asking why Vintage had been removed from Sky and were recommending contacting Sky. Now they're saying it's actually just part of the plan to change the way the channel is distributed (so why the confusion earlier?).

When Vintage TV first dropped off air a couple of weeks ago I was prepared to believe it was a technical fault, as they claimed. But with the removal from Freesat, Freeview, and now going off air on Sky/Virgin it looks like the channel is in trouble.
Initial enquires to Sky and Vintage TV were met with people being told that they knew nothing about the channel being unavailable. Now Vintage TV are saying that, in order to make the channel as widely available as possible, the channel has been temporarily removed from Sky & VM.
Slate now amended to say that 'Vintage TV is currently unavailable due to technical difficulties experienced by the broadcaster.'

---------- Post added at 17:07 ---------- Previous post was at 17:04 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben B View Post
Speaking of which, I watched it for a few seconds and noticed there was something missing from their "collection of on demand content", I wonder what it could be...
Well, at least they aren't misleading people about what to expect. It also indicates that VM really do believe that the relationship is over if they have gone to the trouble of amending this.
Old 08-08-2018, 18:22   #1785
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:

If the new channel doesn't contain music in abundance, they can stick it, 4K or no!
Music channels have had their day in my opinion.
Closed Thread