Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Football Season 2010/2011

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Football Season 2010/2011

Old 25-04-2011, 15:14   #1711
ChrisLUFC22
Inactive

Services: Sky Q
ChrisLUFC22 is a name known to allChrisLUFC22 is a name known to allChrisLUFC22 is a name known to allChrisLUFC22 is a name known to allChrisLUFC22 is a name known to allChrisLUFC22 is a name known to allChrisLUFC22 is a name known to allChrisLUFC22 is a name known to all
Re: Football Season 2010/2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonRoad View Post
From the neutral's perspective Arsenal are very pleasing on the eye but I'm kind of surprised they were still in contention for so long. They don't have that ability to dig deep when things are going against them.

Personally I think they're only a couple of players short of being an outstanding team but those players have to be leaders on the park. They need a captain that can get them to focus when the going is getting tough.
Are they? I personnally find them very boring and predictable. I'd much rather watch a direct team who actually shoot from further out than 3 yards.
ChrisLUFC22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 25-04-2011, 21:52   #1712
Shadow Demon UK
Inactive

Shadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appeal
Shadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appeal

I see the city fans are being as classy as ever tonight
Shadow Demon UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2011, 22:31   #1713
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Demon UK View Post
No club should be held responsible for the actions of a minority of their fans. Man United have sung about Hillsborough for example. Liverpool fans about Munich. It doesn't represent the fan base as a whole.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2011, 22:35   #1714
Mal
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media
Mal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny star
Mal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny star

Quote:
What were they doing?
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2011, 23:01   #1715
Shadow Demon UK
Inactive

Shadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
No club should be held responsible for the actions of a minority of their fans. Man United have sung about Hillsborough for example. Liverpool fans about Munich. It doesn't represent the fan base as a whole.
The club should be held responsible for banning the fans that sing these songs, which doesn't seem to happen. It doesn't represent the fan base as a whole but tonight it represented the vast majority of the city fans at the game.

You don't need to remind me United and Liverpool fans sing similar songs, i think its disgusting no matter which clubs 'fans' sing them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
What were they doing?
A number of Munich songs and gestures, what seems to be becoming the norm for them. Thankfully the media have picked up on it this time.
Old 25-04-2011, 23:06   #1716
Mal
Inactive

Mal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny star

Quote:
The club should be held responsible for banning the fans that sing these songs, which doesn't seem to happen. It doesn't represent the fan base as a whole but tonight it represented the vast majority of the city fans at the game.

You don't need to remind me United and Liverpool fans sing similar songs, i think its disgusting no matter which clubs 'fans' sing them.

A number of Munich songs and gestures, what seems to be becoming the norm for them. Thankfully the media have picked up on it this time.
That reminds me of what I read earlier.

Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBC News
Boxer Ricky Hatton has ordered lawyers to remove bogus Facebook pages which depict him making taunts about Manchester United's Munich air crash.

Mr Hatton, 32, a former world champion and a Manchester City fan said the comments about the 1958 crash that killed eight players made him "sick".
Old 26-04-2011, 22:35   #1717
Mal
Inactive

Good win for us tonight. I was a bit shocked with Schalke though.
Old 26-04-2011, 22:44   #1718
Shadow Demon UK
Inactive

It didn't feel like a group game let alone a semi-final.

No wonder Neuer wants out.
Old 26-04-2011, 23:10   #1719
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

I know of a team that could use him!

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2011, 23:29   #1720
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Services: 2 TV 360 boxes. 500mb BB, Phone line.
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star

A tasty keeper and no mistake, how on earth did that lot beat Inter 7-3.
iadom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2011, 23:31   #1721
Niles Crane
Inactive

Niles Crane has reached the bronze age
Niles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze age

I always find it funny when so many people, supposed professionals and experts included, start raving about a player when they play against an English team and/or in a big match, as though they're some unknown talent who've suddenly popped up from nowhere or their performance is some rare incredible feat for the special occasion.

Manuel Neuer is good. Wow. Ya think? Apparently there's this little Argentine guy doing well in Spain too. I think he's scored 50 goals this season!
Niles Crane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2011, 09:55   #1722
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star

Pffft, he didn't do that well in his last two games against Real Madrid though did he.
Old 27-04-2011, 10:18   #1723
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by iadom View Post
Pffft, he didn't do that well in his last two games against Real Madrid though did he.
Huh? I didn't watch the Spanish Cup final but he did well in the last two games in La Liga against Madrid.
Old 27-04-2011, 10:42   #1724
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
Huh? I didn't watch the Spanish Cup final but he did well in the last two games in La Liga against Madrid.

Err, the last game in La Liga was a 0-0 draw.
Old 27-04-2011, 11:00   #1725
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by iadom View Post
Err, the last game in La Liga was a 0-0 draw.
Doesn't mean he didn't play well. Messi is a very good player when he doesn't score goals, still one of the best in the world, he is more effective at supporting players like Villa and Ronaldo would be for example.