Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | [Merged] The Football Thread 2005/2006 Season

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

[Merged] The Football Thread 2005/2006 Season
Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2005, 10:25   #1651
Nugget
Inactive

Services: Will provide gags for cash
Nugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered stars
Nugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered stars
Re: [Merged] The Football Thread 2005/2006 Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by akane1984
lol i said "within the U.K"

id fire in names like, Steve McClaren/Mark Hughes/Big Sam. . imagine what big same would do with some money!
Hmm, McClaren has got Boro playing some pretty negative tactics this season, and Blackburn are basically a bunch of cloggers under Hughs.

As for Big Sam, he's a good manager, but I don't think the new boss would be happy if he brought his Geriatricos policy to the Glazerdome
Advertisement
Old 08-12-2005, 10:29   #1652
gazzae
Inactive

gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze
gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze

No No No Not Fat Sam. He'll replace the team with geriatrics.

---------- Post added at 10:29 ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 ----------

To be honest I can't think of a British coach who I rate good enough to take over. There is only one choice and thats Hitzfeld.
Old 08-12-2005, 11:20   #1653
sherer
Inactive

sherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of society

can't say there are many top coaches around who have impressed me much.. Man U should play to a certain style with attacking football and not sure some of the managers on the continent would give us that.. only one who plays a team like that is Rikard at Barca but not sure if he could replicate that at Man U

worryingly the board think Sven is a great manager and have asked him about the job before.. i'd rather stick with Fergie
Old 08-12-2005, 11:36   #1654
Saaf_laandon_mo
Inactive

Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star
Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherer

worryingly the board think Sven is a great manager and have asked him about the job before.. i'd rather stick with Fergie
I can see the Glazers wanting a "top name" manager, and with Sven ruling out the Real MAdrid job (was he really asked about that too?) I can see being a touted for contender.
Old 08-12-2005, 11:36   #1655
Derek
Inactive

Services: SkyHD and Broadband
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzae
To be honest I can't think of a British coach who I rate good enough to take over.
How about McLeish? He'll be free to take over soon enough.
And he's had some experience in getting players in for no money so the Glazers can use him to help pay off some of the £700 mil.

OK very few of the players he has signed are any good but at least they won't be as bad as the 120k a week amnesiac.
Old 08-12-2005, 11:39   #1656
gazzae
Inactive

gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze
gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezzo
OK very few of the players he has signed are any good but at least they won't be as bad as the 120k a week amnesiac.
Very poor signing by fergie. £30 mill when he could have got woodgate far far cheaper.
Old 08-12-2005, 21:25   #1657
yesman

I just hope united don't have to sell any key players, (such as Rooney) to make up any shortfall through not progressing in the champions league, the new owners need to find the interest payments from somewhere.

---------- Post added at 21:25 ---------- Previous post was at 21:20 ----------

Quote:
Very poor signing by fergie. £30 mill when he could have got woodgate far far cheaper.
He would have been the better option I think.

Old 09-12-2005, 09:52   #1658
sherer
Inactive

sherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of society

the shortfall isn't as bad as people think

we are out one round earlier than last year so we only got 2-5 m less than last year

the 15m people are talking about is if we would have one it
Old 09-12-2005, 20:59   #1659
Marge
Inactive

Marge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny stars
Marge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny stars

does anyone else understand all this world cup draw lark
Old 09-12-2005, 21:02   #1660
Mal
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media
Mal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny star
Mal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny star

Well, Argentina v Holland...should be interesting
Old 09-12-2005, 21:04   #1661
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (900 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered stars

So England get Sweden, Trinidad & Tobago, and Paraguay.

Baby, I was born this way.
Old 09-12-2005, 21:04   #1662
Mal
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media
Mal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny star
Mal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny star

GROUP B
England
Paraguay
Trinidad & Tobago
Sweden

Well, on paper okay...
Old 09-12-2005, 21:55   #1663
nffc
cf.mega poster

Services: Freeview, Sky+, 100 Mb/s VM BB, mega i7 PC, iPhone 13, Macbook Air
nffc has a nice shiny star
nffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny star

Why couldn't Ivory Coast have gone in our group?

Old 10-12-2005, 19:23   #1664
gazzae
Inactive

Anyway, I see Shearer's immunity clause is still in effect.

Parker was MOM in my opinion. How does he not get in the england team?
Old 10-12-2005, 21:40   #1665
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Quote:
Anyway, I see Shearer's immunity clause is still in effect.
The injustice of it all eh? I'm sure when the supporters turn up in this thread next week we'll get to hear how St Campbell was the victim of an awful tackle which should have seen (sheep)Shearer sent off....

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Closed Thread